What Lego set did you buy today?

12 minutes ago, thathubes said:

2015 SW Advent Calendar at WM, in surprisingly very good condition

i am seeing it in lot of BB. so looks like people are either returning or they have found a new stash for the SW Advent Calendar.

i think i saw it @ RRP the other day @ target or toys r us.

watch out for those high priced sells.. part of those sales may now become returns depending on platform 

Edited by newbie77

Brag-worthy, in another thread.

ah you mean he should post it in the What set did I buy today that everyone else thinks is not worth buying as it goes into retirement thread ?

Along with DS, ISD, AT AT and everything else being trashed

I think with the rapid stock status change this year in and out of stock some of us are a little weary.

TWELVE retiring Death Stars
ELEVEN Santa’s Workshops
TEN quick flip Raptors
NINE long-term Sea Cows
EIGHT Tumblers tumbling
SEVEN Nindroid Mechdragons wait how many of these things did they make anyway
SIX clearanced Chimas

FIVE. MOD. U. LARS.

Four MTTs because I have a feeling about this set not being on anyone’s radar and probably it’ll retire before the return window closes you know?
Three impulse polybags
Two Turtle Lairs
And an X-Wing for under the treeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, zak001 said:

ELEVEN Santa’s Workshops
TEN quick flip Raptors
NINE long-term Sea Cows
EIGHT Tumblers tumbling
SIX clearanced Chimas

FIVE. MOD. U. LARS.

Four MTTs because I have a feeling about this set not being on anyone’s radar and probably it’ll retire before the return window closes you know?
Three impulse polybags
Two Turtle Lairs

pics or didn't happen 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zak001 said:

ELEVEN Santa’s Workshops
TEN quick flip Raptors
NINE long-term Sea Cows
EIGHT Tumblers tumbling
SIX clearanced Chimas

FIVE. MOD. U. LARS.

Three impulse polybags
Two Turtle Lairs

It was really hard to sing this in my head with your side comments....just sayin'

Went into tru for truth this morning and picked up a Dr. Who set. Shelf price was still showing $59.99 instead of the $64.99. It rang up as $64.99 but they price adjusted and I was still able to use 20% coupon and get 10% truth discount. Paid using Apple Pay to get 22% cash back from discover it card. $36 out pocket plus their last hulk poly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I just want to mention, when I picked up my $27 10697s, I didn't have any trouble getting my $48 10697s price adjusted at the Customer Service desk.  Just show your receipts and explain that you want to adjust for the lower price that was 1-2 days apart.

Which receipt did you show them? One with $30? How did you prove that it was $30? I'm thinking about doing it but wanted to prepare well before hitting up customer service.

So turns out Smyths inventory system is gibberish. Click and collect on the “last” tumbler this morning. Turns out they had 3 more on the shelf. One was really beaten up, so left it, they also had a lonely DS on the shelf that didn’t exist online...

58 002.jpg

58 minutes ago, lego13 said:

Which receipt did you show them? One with $30? How did you prove that it was $30? I'm thinking about doing it but wanted to prepare well before hitting up customer service.

I showed them my $27 receipts, so if you have $30 receipts you can show them those as well.  Just tell them that they were going in and out of stock and the price was fluctuating, which is very true.