What Lego set did you buy today?

Did a quick run after work, and bought 2 AT-ATs at the nearest walmart for 97 plus tax.  Asked them to price match online prices..   I was already at my long term target with these, but prices shot up from high 90s to 146.00 with free shipping within hours on amazon today.  I'm going to watch this one like a hawk, and if I see prices go to 170 to 200 in the next two weeks i'm QFLLin them.

Edited by fossilrock

14 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Did a quick run after work, and bought 2 AT-ATs at the nearest walmart for 97 plus tax.  Asked them to price match online prices..   I was already at my long term target with these, but prices shot up from high 90s to 146.00 with free shipping within hours on amazon today.  I'm going to watch this one like a hawk, and if I see prices go to 170 to 200 in the next two weeks i'm QFLLin them.

Too bad they couldn't match Lego during that 10 mins @ 87.99...

21 minutes ago, bdoubleg said:

I have the opportunity to pick up some exclusives (tie fighter, sand crawler, helicarrier) for 20% off RRP in the UK - this is a no brainer right? I know we are a long way off retirement but have to dive in? 

Asking for advice on which sets to buy and when isn't the approach you should be taking. Instead look to develop your own strategy that works for you. Everyone has different budgets, buy\sell timelines, interests, perspectives. What works for someone else might not work for you so advice is always subjective. For example Sandcrawler may be around for another 3-4 years but on the other hand it could become scarce over the next month or so and there may be short term flipping opportunities. With all due respect if you're buying to resell you're a competitor to my potential sales so giving you free strategy advice is counter productive. I would suggest looking through the forum, there is a wealth of information to digest and build your own strategy and conclusions.

Edited by Crustybeaver
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, California92563 said:

I had to see it to believe it but I just received my new with without a box creator Ferris wheel (10247) that I scored for $79 on eBay! It came from a liquidation company so i didn't know what to expect but it appears to be complete! Score!

Hey, go post that in the "what I bought today" thread.  Get out of here with your deals that are for you alone. :P

• Like 4