What Lego set did you buy today?

11 minutes ago, buidee said: I went to the Lego B&M store to buy AT-AT or pirates Chess but both were sold out, but I found one last Red 5 which was inside the counter of the cashier area.  I asked if they were holding it for someone but they said no and that it was their last one. I bought it and they gave me two Gingerbread houses because I brought my two kids with me and because the total was over $200. 
Nice score!  Can I borrow your kids next time I go to the LEGO store?  I got the evil eye last time I bought two Orthancs and two Red Fives when my son was with me.

The other day I took both kids with me. Tried to buy $300 worth of stuff and asked for more than one Train. No go. I put back the Ferris Wheel out of spite.

• Like 5

Got lucky to get 16 towers on Thursday and just bought 2 more for $48. Still great average.  Last night I woke up at 4 am and decided to another  $100 on shop @home. Brainiac attack and Hydra force were available for couple minutes so bought 5 each. Was happy to see them pop back up.  

16 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

To sell. Isn't that always the purpose?

That was obvious...I assumed that one wouldn't buy that many to build.  I was just questioning why go so deep on Chima in general and that set in particular.  Did you get a stellar price (i.e., TRU $0.03) or do you just think that is going to be the hottest thing next year?

17 minutes ago, redcell said:

That was obvious...I assumed that one wouldn't buy that many to build.  I was just questioning why go so deep on Chima in general and that set in particular.  Did you get a stellar price (i.e., TRU $0.03) or do you just think that is going to be the hottest thing next year?

No just a decent deal and I wholesale for the most part.  Got a text asking about them and worked out the deal.  Retired set with decent rank that I could offer out at decent price

Edited by ravenb99
Edit

3 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

No just a decent deal and I wholesale for the most part.  Got a text asking about them and worked out the deal.  Retired set with decent rank that I could offer out at decent price

That makes more sense...I was picturing you driving around to every TRU furiously buying them at $49.98, which wouldn't make a lick of sense.

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

That makes more sense...I was picturing you driving around to every TRU furiously buying them at $49.98, which wouldn't make a lick of sense.

ha, no not at all, just something that came about.  Anything at the right price is a good deal which I'm sure you know plus these type deals usually lead to more deals down the road which can become more beneficial.