What Lego set did you buy today?

​You did see what too many droids can do to a species.  "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise"

dead-jawas.jpg

​Seeing this picture wishes Lego would, now that R2D2 might retire, release a C3PO set, in the same scale as R2D2 so they could stand right next to each other. Can you image the number of golden bricks?

• Like 2

​Seeing this picture wishes Lego would, now that R2D2 might retire, release a C3PO set, in the same scale as R2D2 so they could stand right next to each other. Can you image the number of golden bricks?

​I've been thinking the same thing. He's not that much taller and he's got skinny limbs, could do it in ~3000 pieces. One can dream LEGO would do this..

Guest brickcrazyhouse

​could you imagine what r2 would be selling for if they did

Guest brickcrazyhouse

​I've been thinking the same thing. He's not that much taller and he's got skinny limbs, could do it in ~3000 pieces. One can dream LEGO would do this..

​I'm sure orcking could find a pic of a moc if given the right insentive

Man, I am so stoked.  I found a bunch of 70817 Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack sets for $3.58 each marked down from $9.99 and 60042 High Speed Police Chase for $5.98 marked down from $19.99.  I bought 10 of the Batman and 4 of the High Speed Chase sets.  I am debating if I should get more of the Batman/Unikitty sets.  I know that the market is saturated with Batman but for $3.58 I just couldn't pass on these sets.  Even if I sold them at MSRP which is $9.99, I'll double my money and then some.  It all depends on demand though.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I know the Double Decker Couch is a killer set with way more minifigs but I think this one is decent as well.  I tried uploading a picture but there is a problem uploading it for some reason.

With fees and shipping at $9.99, does that leave much meat left on the bone?

• Like 2

​I'm sure orcking could find a pic of a moc if given the right insentive

4833263758_b5081539c2_b.jpg

• Like 3

If you don't want to part them out, then they would make a great "bonus" set to include with some higher priced Lego Movie sets  to make your listings stand out from the pack. Nice find.

​I guess I can try to part out on set and see how it goes.  Seems like a hit and miss thing.  Thank you all for the responses.  It's appreciated!

• Like 1

I cleared out half of a garage sale's massive haul of Duplo for our kid.  Like all of the 2005 Duplo Airport line for $15, although the massive plane's decals are messed up a bit. Mack's Road Trip 5816 and some other Cars for $15, zoo stuff, circus stuff, farm stuff, about half a trunk full for $50. I probably should have picked up another tub that had a large baseplate and a couple hundred bricks for $20, but we use a Duplo table anyway. Unfortunately, missed out on the Thomas and Bob the Builder stuff.

• Like 1

Made my own Kmart Minecraft deal. Had $12.04 in points in my account. Plus SYW offer $50 off of a $250 order…so...

(4 x 21113 @ $19.96) + (3 x 21114 @ $23.99) + (3 x 21115 @ $34.99) = $256.78

$256.78 - $50.00 - $12.04 = $194.74 + tax = $207.89

$207.88 - $200 Sears giftcards (@ 15% off) = $7.89

So out of pocket was $170 (giftcards) + $7.89 = $177.89

Result (for me anyway):

4 of The Cave 21113 @ $12.98 each + tax

3 of The Farm 21114 @ $15.58 each + tax

3 of First Night 21115 @ $22.72 each + tax

Edited by Kenxxx
correction
  • Like 1

Finally splurged on a 7783 Batcave: The Penguin and Mr. Freeze's Invasion.  This was on my wanted list for way too long.  Box is in great condition.

IMG_5770.JPG

​Awesome!  I'm not showing my son this pic.  He asks for it every time he's going through his LEGO Batman book.

• Like 1

50% off all toys this weekend at a local supermarket + 10%off voucher + 11€ check (cash back from my credit card to use at this supermarket) = 2 small SW sets (75088 and 75089) for 1.70€ each :D

I didn't bring much more because they hadn't a great variety and I'm scolded from the 70404 sets I bought a couple of months ago that I'm certain I won't be able to sell in the near future.

50% off all toys this weekend at a local supermarket + 10%off voucher + 11€ check (cash back from my credit card to use at this supermarket) = 2 small SW sets (75088 and 75089) for 1.70€ each :D

I didn't bring much more because they hadn't a great variety and I'm scolded from the 70404 sets I bought a couple of months ago that I'm certain I won't be able to sell in the near future.

​Where are you located? I mean... which country?