What Lego set did you buy today?

Man, I am so stoked.  I found a bunch of 70817 Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack sets for $3.58 each marked down from $9.99 and 60042 High Speed Police Chase for $5.98 marked down from $19.99.  I bought 10 of the Batman and 4 of the High Speed Chase sets.  I am debating if I should get more of the Batman/Unikitty sets.  I know that the market is saturated with Batman but for $3.58 I just couldn't pass on these sets.  Even if I sold them at MSRP which is $9.99, I'll double my money and then some.  It all depends on demand though.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I know the Double Decker Couch is a killer set with way more minifigs but I think this one is decent as well.  I tried uploading a picture but there is a problem uploading it for some reason.

​I would buy em all just for the pieces. Then again I'm a builder, collector, parter, and investor. So that's a gold mine no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Brickson

Man, I am so stoked.  I found a bunch of 70817 Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack sets for $3.58 each marked down from $9.99 and 60042 High Speed Police Chase for $5.98 marked down from $19.99.  I bought 10 of the Batman and 4 of the High Speed Chase sets.  I am debating if I should get more of the Batman/Unikitty sets.  I know that the market is saturated with Batman but for $3.58 I just couldn't pass on these sets.  Even if I sold them at MSRP which is $9.99, I'll double my money and then some.  It all depends on demand though.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I know the Double Decker Couch is a killer set with way more minifigs but I think this one is decent as well.  I tried uploading a picture but there is a problem uploading it for some reason.

If you don't want to part them out, then they would make a great "bonus" set to include with some higher priced Lego Movie sets  to make your listings stand out from the pack. Nice find. 

• Like 2

I had been mulling doing the same thing after work - an AT-AT to keep for myself, even though I am not a big Star Wars fan.

Someone dissuade me.

We just built the new AT-AT a couple weeks ago... it's pretty awesome.

Errr.... umm... it looks awful. Hahaha

• Like 1

I bought a mint sealed box Lego 7627 Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull to go with my Lego 7199 Indiana Jones Temple of Doom and my Lego 7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape.

All 3 are in mint sealed perfect condition.  I wanted the 3 flagship sets I am an Indiana Jones fan and a Lego nut so it goes perfectly together. :)

Chewie we are home.  Wait um er that is for my other passion.

• Like 6

I bought a mint sealed box Lego 7627 Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull to go with my Lego 7199 Indiana Jones Temple of Doom and my Lego 7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape.

All 3 are in mint sealed perfect condition.  I wanted the 3 flagship sets I am an Indiana Jones fan and a Lego nut so it goes perfectly together. :)

​Congrats! Those are on my wanted list too.

• Like 1

No love for my Fight on the Flying Wing?  That's the only one I have.  7623 is next on my target list.

No love for my Fight on the Flying Wing?  That's the only one I have.  7623 is next on my target list.

Very perceptive Padawan! Just teasing...

That was my first Indy set and is suspended with clear wire flying over my desk.  Lost tomb was my second set.

After those I stopped opening most of my Lego sets and became a mint sealed purist collector.

One exception I bought R2D2 on opening day and admired the box until last Christmas and opened it and built it with the family.

I have 20 more of him stored away but perhaps that makes me a bad guy according to some opinions (not pointed at anyone) in the Target thread lol

• Like 1

​LOL yes that is me - Jealous - alsosuspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious, possessive, overprotective

​Yuck.  Drink a beer or take a chill pill.  That's no way to live guy.  Or gal.  You're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like you.

• Like 1

​Yuck.  Drink a beer or take a chill pill.  That's no way to live guy.  Or gal.  You're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like you.

I certainly hope you do not think that is me or I was being serious.

ROFL.

It was in jest, to exciter's post (if 20 R2's is Jealous I hate to think about emazer and his stash), search the internet for jealous synonym and it is what I posted above.  I was being silly.

It is guy by the way...

My goal is having a genuine love of Lego as a hobby and making money.  Both.

jeal·ous
ˈjeləs/
adjective
adjective: jealous
  1. feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
    "he grew jealous of her success"
    synonyms:enviouscovetousdesirousMore

antonyms:proud, admiring

I certainly hope you do not think that is me or I was being serious.

ROFL.

It was in jest, to exciter's post (if 20 R2's is Jealous I hate to think about emazer and his stash), search the internet for jealous synonym and it is what I posted above.  I was being silly.

It is guy by the way...

My goal is having a genuine love of Lego as a hobby and making money.  Both.

​You did see what too many droids can do to a species.  "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise"

dead-jawas.jpg

• Like 1