What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought 11 Simpsons minifigure Series 2 packs from Lego Land CA. Love these minifigs!!  Didn't see any modulars at the gift shop.

When you are in The Big Shop, you need to look at the wall near the Chima stuff and the cash register on the north side of the building. That's their Exclusives wall. 

Doesnt  to mean they actually had anything. I think when I was there two weeks ago they didn't have any modulars either. 

Why? At least grab a 10-18% GC and member 10%

Because we don't all live in the land of giveaway Lego deals. Some of us have to be happy with finding rare sets which have already shown strong growth on the shelves of mom and pop stores. 

And you forgot the extra 5% discount for combining your My Little Pony and Care Bear reward cards ????

Felt like I hit triple 7's yesterday, for me at least. I went to a Walmart about 30 miles out of town. Started chatting it up with an employee in toys and she ended up marking a ton of stuff down even more from the clearance. 

Picked up:

70146 Chima Flying Phoenix Fire Temple - $50

70724 Ninjago NinjaCopter - $20

79116 Turtles Big Rig Snow Getaway - $20 (x2)

Various Microfighters and a few others - $4-$7

20150528_095439.thumb.jpg.dadce162b98d80

Not too big into Chima, but couldn't say no to a set that big that is more than half off. They had two more left, any thoughts on if I should go back for them?

• Like 1

Felt like I hit triple 7's yesterday, for me at least. I went to a Walmart about 30 miles out of town. Started chatting it up with an employee in toys and she ended up marking a ton of stuff down even more from the clearance. 

Picked up:

70146 Chima Flying Phoenix Fire Temple - $50

70724 Ninjago NinjaCopter - $20

79116 Turtles Big Rig Snow Getaway - $20 (x2)

Various Microfighters and a few others - $4-$7

Not too big into Chima, but couldn't say no to a set that big that is more than half off. They had two more left, any thoughts on if I should go back for them?

Fire temple is a good value at $50

When you are in The Big Shop, you need to look at the wall near the Chima stuff and the cash register on the north side of the building. That's their Exclusives wall. 

Doesnt  to mean they actually had anything. I think when I was there two weeks ago they didn't have any modulars either. 

Awesome. Thanks for the info.  We stayed at the hotel as well.  Had a freakin' blast!!

• Like 1

​Brickfolio says I've doubled my money, this investing lark is easy. What's that you say, I've to actually sell stuff now, ah crap :)

​If Brickpicker has said that you doubled your money, you've pretty much broken even after selling fees, paypal, the sales tax you paid, and shipping. Now you must sit and wait...

• Like 1

Bought the lego (duplo) education math train (45008).  only found it at a single TRU in this area.  retails for $100, but with the tru magic it came to ~$60.  did not buy it for investment but it may have potential.  the education tag has to draw some attention to parents looking for duplo sets.  track is not as good as the delux duplo train (10508), has a full circle (w/ 3way, 12 pieces vs 20), and more strait track (10 pieces vs only 5), but no bridge.  but the keys is it drops the powered engine, and comes with 6 train car bases. the track plus all the cars make this a great add on to 10508 or 10507.  does have the cran and some other decent parts but lacks there compared to 10508 also.

Bought a 75059 Star Wars Sandcrawler for $146.38 out the door at my TRU.  It had been opened and all the minifigures stolen out of it, but I figured at that price I could take a chance that all of the vehicle was there. I almost made a rookie picker mistake and left without my TIE-Prototype Polybag.

Started building and Bag 1 is complete. Only 23 more to go!

• Like 1

Ex1,

i see your Chima and raise you a City 

image.jpg

​That's ok, my TRU put a shutdown on $.03 items and won't sell them to customers anymore.  They put them in the back to ship to corporate for liquidation at my store.  As you can see, I didn't put it in the "buy" thread. Congrats!  Your streak continues...

Edited by exciter1