What Lego set did you buy today?

Over the last week I found a city towtruck (60056) for $9 at Walmart and I also scored some awesome harry potter legos for my collection on eBay. They are the durmstrang ship (4768) for $50, rescue from the merpeople (4762) for $25, marauders map (4751) for $15, Sirius blacks escape (4753) for $17, and escape from privet drive (4728) for $20 and they all have their boxes, manuals, and they even came with brand new capes for the minfigs! 

Edited by California92563
  • Like 1

Time will tell if its complete, but I bought a series of 3 Shop Goodwill auctions containing many of the elements of a Fort Legoredo along with some other randomness for $42.  From the bad pics, looks like almost all of the minifigs are there, baseplates are there, at least one of the doors. Looks like a cool set I didn't know about (after my childhood LEGO years of 1984-1992).

Not much this week...

5x ecto-1  at 33% off

3x Turtle layers  at 40% off  (bad boxes due to huge page sized Walmart stickers wtf! parters...)

and hate to say it, more 40% off cmf series 12/13/S2   ... ( yes, I have a problem, guess I'd better start bulking these on Brick classified... if only it wasn't security locked out from the office network)

Not much this week...

5x ecto-1  at 33% off

3x Turtle layers  at 40% off  (bad boxes due to huge page sized Walmart stickers wtf! parters...)

and hate to say it, more 40% off cmf series 12/13/S2   ... ( yes, I have a problem, guess I'd better start bulking these on Brick classified... if only it wasn't security locked out from the office network)

​Where did you find the discounted ecto-1's?

​Where did you find the discounted ecto-1's?

​local Ottawa'ish (Ontario) area import comic reseller, thou he hates it when I say comics, apparently now a-days they're "graphic novels" so as not to be confused with the funnies in the paper.      Unfortunately 33% off in Canadian dollars is basically just 15% off US retail.

Ordered another PC along with Winter Soldier. PC says will ship in 30 days. Hypothetical question: What if I find one in my local Lego store a couple of weeks from now. Will I be able and call and cancel my PC order, and will they let me keep the Winter Soldier promo and Legoland coupon? I really don't want to give up the Legoland coupon. *snicker*

• Like 1

Ordered another PC along with Winter Soldier. PC says will ship in 30 days. Hypothetical question: What if I find one in my local Lego store a couple of weeks from now. Will I be able and call and cancel my PC order, and will they let me keep the Winter Soldier promo and Legoland coupon? I really don't want to give up the Legoland coupon. *snicker*

Yup
  • Like 1

4 x 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessels from TRU for $85.44 each after 25% coupon, 10% TRUTH discount, and 5.5% sales tax. Equates to 33% off.

If you haven't seen this set in person yet it is pretty sweet, and has very good quick flip potential for the upcoming holiday season. My goal is to get at least ten of these for Christmas, and restock for the long haul next spring. Question...has anyone seen this set anywhere other than TRU or The Lego Shop? I have only seen it at TRU in my area. I checked brickset to see if it is a TRU exclusive but it didn't say that it was. If it is then that should really help the quick flip potential, possibly outdoing the Arctic Icebreaker's performance from this past holiday season. Has anyone seen this set at a Target or WalMart?

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

Go to raise and get the GC. They send you within 1 min. Never too late to get it. Even if not 20%, it's still some saving

​yeah I've done raise cards a few times now.  I had one as well but I think it was 9%. I also bought in DE, so no tax.  Hopefully giftcardmall on ebay has another BRU $100 for $80 soon because I have $70 TRU rewards almost ready!