Retiring Soon - open speculation

Hey wazza, did you ever make your trip to the store? Get what you wanted?

Hey game. I didn't get what I wanted actually. I will go Thursday when I get paid :) but I will let you know what I got! I do want the Sopwith camel but the store at my local town didn't have one. I might just order it online.

Hey game. I didn't get what I wanted actually. I will go Thursday when I get paid :) but I will let you know what I got! I do want the Sopwith camel but the store at my local town didn't have one. I might just order it online.

Hmmm, do you know if they still had balloon carts at your store? My Sopwith I ordered a couple of days ago is still on back order from LEGO Shop at Home & so is my balloon cart.  Bummer

Hmmm, do you know if they still had balloon carts at your store? My Sopwith I ordered a couple of days ago is still on back order from LEGO Shop at Home & so is my balloon cart.  Bummer

Game, I didn't go to the store. I decided to wait until I can drop some cash instead of credit. But I will go tomorrow and let you know what I get and if I get a balloon cart ;)

• Like 1

I was at my Lego store on Monday and asked about the HH since there were none on the shelves, and the employee told me it was retiring as well. I also placed an order for one from Walmart that took 12 days to ship, possible sourcing issues due to low inventory? All speculation of course, could just be Walmart providing a Walmart-level of service especially since it's still available to order.

It is widely assumed that Haunted House is a true winner, but does Vampyre Castle tell us anything about what to expect?

They're both "vampire-themed, halloween-type large buildings."  And, yes I know the House is more like a modular and has more to offer, but Vampyre Castle is a dud so far.  It's not because of Toyr R Us inventory.  If there was true interest in the secondary market, that inventory would be gone by now.  It retired last November for crying out loud.

There may not be much interest in vampyres and "horror" themes amongst the general public.

It is widely assumed that Haunted House is a true winner, but does Vampyre Castle tell us anything about what to expect?

They're both "vampire-themed, halloween-type large buildings." And, yes I know the House is more like a modular and has more to offer, but Vampyre Castle is a dud so far. It's not because of Toyr R Us inventory. If there was true interest in the secondary market, that inventory would be gone by now. It retired last November for crying out loud.

There may not be much interest in vampyres and "horror" themes amongst the general public.

Holloween will be the first true test for this theme

This is the very first haunted house in Lego history according to the original description. I plan on buying both today at that store. I will keep one and probably convert the other to a bed and breakfast to go with my modular town. It has the look of an old Victorian house which I love. It can also easily convert to the Psycho house as well lol

• Like 2

Not sure how much this matters but I will add this about the HH. Women seem to really like this set. Every female I have showed this set to, falls in love with it!!!

My wife almost literally tore the box out of my hands, and dug into it.  I think I got to put together maybe 5 pieces.

She gave me specific instructions that if I was purchasing this for investment, I better buy more than 1, since she was claiming one for herself.

• Like 1

My wife almost literally tore the box out of my hands, and dug into it.  I think I got to put together maybe 5 pieces.

She gave me specific instructions that if I was purchasing this for investment, I better buy more than 1, since she was claiming one for herself.

So you're saying the HH would make for a good anniversary gift?  I'm terrible at getting gifts, but with a can't lose woman pleaser like the HH, I could turn my streak around.  Thanks.

• Like 3