Retiring Soon - open speculation

Hey guys, I'm a young investor and currently have two tower bridges, two R2D2's, and one grand emporium. I've got about 400$ left than I can spend on sets. My question is what you're recommended sets are that I can get in that price range, and also (this is where the EOL comes in) what I can flip the quickest. Thanks,

Simon (A newb)

70006 Cragger's Command Ship is "call to check product availability". Not sure I have seen that for this set before..

I saw some of these at Meijer the other day for like $48 before coupons.  I got my fill at KMart clearance for $36 each before SYWR bonuses, but that's not a bad price either.

Hey guys, I'm a young investor and currently have two tower bridges, two R2D2's, and one grand emporium. I've got about 400$ left than I can spend on sets. My question is what you're recommended sets are that I can get in that price range, and also (this is where the EOL comes in) what I can flip the quickest. Thanks,

Simon (A newb)

Welcome!

Well, now it's probably not a good time for some flipping because May seems to be a low season. But summer is coming. Having that said, if you pay attention to daily thread, you may be able to get some new LEGO MOVIE sets at TRU at really cheap price (using all the coupons apparently) and flip them before Jun 1 comes. In general, if you want to flip sets, I would recommend you do that close to Christmas as it's more 'liquid' but one can always find deals if paying attention and flip all year long.

Anyway, here is the guide for new BPers you may be interested:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4803-new-brickpicker-member-faqs-investment-questions/

What if this would be true? That would cause a major shock on this forum! The panic buying would start as never seen before!

I see it on this board all the time.  Oh crap, only 200,000 left on Amazon, I better buy some fast.  Phew, now I have 30.  What?  It isn't retiring for another 3 years?  :laugh:

• Like 1

Knowing when retailers are out of certain items open a window of opportunity to exploit the shortage in the market, so much money can be made in a short period of time. Risky?? Very. Rewarding ??? Hell yeah.

Now if you are sleeping on a set for years, it might not be significant to you .

As far as eol guess, yes it doesn't predict anythin and nothing does till TLG slaps a retired tag on a product , other than that it is but a guessing game .

• Like 3

Knowing when retailers are out of certain items open a window of opportunity to exploit the shortage in the market, so much money can be made in a short period of time. Risky?? Very. Rewarding ??? Hell yeah.

Now if you are sleeping on a set for years, it might not be significant to you .

As far as eol guess, yes it doesn't predict anythin and nothing does till TLG slaps a retired tag on a product , other than that it is but a guessing game .

Amazon is out of the Grand Emporium. Is it time to exploit the market?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Amazon is out of the Grand Emporium. Is it time to exploit the market?

I sold 3 GE on amazon since it sent OOS . Made enough to buy 4 to replace the 3.

I took a gamble that it will come back and it did and now I have an extra GE in my inventory .

Doesn't always work , but it is nice when it does. Once it retires I'll hold.

I sold 3 GE on amazon since it sent OOS . Made enough to buy 4 to replace the 3.

I took a gamble that it will come back and it did and now I have an extra GE in my inventory .

Doesn't always work , but it is nice when it does. Once it retires I'll hold.

My point was about the technique of extrapolating inventory data from Amazon, not about selling sets that are OOS on every site. I am not telling you not to sell when there is an "opportunity of shortage" like the GE, or Minecraft, or AS, or even now with the SSD, but in all theses cases, the set was sold out everywhere and came back into stock. If a set goes out of stock on Amazon, but is in stock at 2-3 other major retailers, what's does that tell us? Nothing really and I'm sure the profits will be minimal flipping in that situation.

My point was about the technique of extrapolating inventory data from Amazon, not about selling sets that are OOS on every site. I am not telling you not to sell when there is an "opportunity of shortage" like the GE, or Minecraft, or AS, or even now with the SSD, but in all theses cases, the set was sold out everywhere and came back into stock. If a set goes out of stock on Amazon, but is in stock at 2-3 other major retailers, what's does that tell us? Nothing really and I'm sure the profits will be minimal flipping in that situation.

Very true.. Sorry I derailed the thread a bit. It all started with that darn R2 this am.

Hopefully TLG will start officially retiring some of the sets soon. Too many cool sets coming out in the next few months and something gotta go.

Very true.. Sorry I derailed the thread a bit. It all started with that darn R2 this am.

Hopefully TLG will start officially retiring some of the sets soon. Too many cool sets coming out in the next few months and something gotta go.

True. I was at the Freehold, NJ LEGO store on Friday and they were out of SSDs, with no shelf space for it either. I did like the new Ultra Agents sets. Nice boxes.

I looked everywhere. What did I miss about R2?