Retiring Soon - open speculation

I think the HH will reach value over GG for one the cost of this set is very high. It appeals to many people women alike. Haunted House isn't something that will just be a fad they've always been popular. The fact that its like a modular and is victorian style house and includes rare pieces will make this set a winner. Don't buy more for me and the few other people stocking up. I seriously think many people are gona miss out. If your on the edge atleast buy 1 or 2 so you have one to keep and sell the other later to cover the cost of both.

I completely agree. Victorian style buildings are awesome and we won't see this style from Lego in a good long time I believe. I plan on making my open set into a bed and breakfast and put it next to my pet shop :)

I think the HH will reach value over GG for one the cost of this set is very high. It appeals to many people women alike. Haunted House isn't something that will just be a fad they've always been popular. The fact that its like a modular and is victorian style house and includes rare pieces will make this set a winner. Don't buy more for me and the few other people stocking up. I seriously think many people are gona miss out. If your on the edge atleast buy 1 or 2 so you have one to keep and sell the other later to cover the cost of both.

if the HH was officially considered part of the creator blg modular series and if it retired this yr, it would easily end up being the 2nd or 3rd most valuable set in theme.  too bad i don't live in a world of "IFs". 

i love the HH set (as both a collector and investor) but don't see if going over the $800 mark anytime soon.  i'll be thrilled if it hits $500 3-4 years after retirement. 

my wife has recently realized how much she loves the lego castle sets, does anyone know when they will be retired? I know they have been out for a while, but we dont want to miss out on them

Loki you missed the sale they had at amazon BOGO 40% off? I really like the King's Castle myself..... Have you showed your wife the Joust set from the kingdom's line? That one is pretty cool too. If you pick the king's castle up at amazon don't forget to try the new amazon app that exciter dropped on us yesterday. I know its not a lot but It will get you $5 off your next purchase of $25 or more. http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5246-free-5-off-25-or-more-from-amazoncom/?hl=amazon+app

Will I get banned if I bought 2 HH from Shop@Home? I don't know what is the criteria for getting banned.

I would only buy enough HH for each child you have that registered with their VIP program.  But if you have 10 kids listed, they may require proof like a past christmas card or passports. 

I would only buy enough HH for each child you have that registered with their VIP program.  But if you have 10 kids listed, they may require proof like a past christmas card or passports. 

Even if you send them birth certificates, and your last 5 tax returns, TLC can still say that all your 10 children can play with one HH, so you must be stinking reseller and will ban your :ass:

Next logical step for TLC - declare that owning Lego is a privilege not a right

I'm speculating that most "investors" will be retiring soon with the number of new "investors" flooding the market.

No. I think you have it wrong. Most of the newer investors will retire from Lego investing when they find out how much work they have to do.