Retiring Soon - open speculation

Don't hate, I got me my first 10228! Yay! Got one of the last two at the Lego store in Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury, CT. Two very funny things at checkout.

1. Women DO love the Haunted House. As I was checking out, the lady in front of me who just made a purchase (Don't know what she bought; I was way to busy staring at Vampyre's Bride's' bouncy...hair...and the rest of the set!). Anyway, the lady looked at the set and said "Wow! That's an awesome looking set!"

2. As I was about to claim my free Balloon Cart, Nina's '99 Luft Balons' was playing in the store! The original and better German version, no less!!! Lol.

Can you tell how excited I am, boils and ghouls!!!! Lol

post-36419-0-89203900-1401923171_thumb.j

• Like 5

Some members on here have said that they are not being restocked at their local Lego Stores anymore, whatever that means..... But we all know now that there are more important reasons to buy the HH, as stated several times in this thread. :thumbsup:

Yes I have seen the important reasons to buy a HH, but how about HHs, like 5-10 of them? Seems still available from everywhere. This is a set I was hoping to get more with discounts, like the gc offer from target and walmart.

Yeah its tough to say with this one, I really have no idea when its going to be retired nor does anyone else but I don't think it can hurt to buy at least 5. Unless you want to buy something that YOU like better, cant go wrong either way. IMO :thumbsup:

EDIT: Allen do you like the sopwith camel? Somebody mentioned on one of the threads around here, not sure which one, that they went to a new Lego store & noticed that everything was in-stock except for the SSD & the sopwith.....

Hey game I actually think all the current big exclusives are impressive especially the camper, sopwith, modulars, TB, and HH. I have been stocking up on the T1, sopwith, and GE and now I got decent number of them (to my standard anyway ) I'm looking to maybe shift the focus a little bit. I'm not a huge star war fan but I think the r2 will be big seller once done as it is just too iconic. So I'm mainly debating whether to get more HH or R2.

• Like 1

my wife has recently realized how much she loves the lego castle sets, does anyone know when they will be retired? I know they have been out for a while, but we dont want to miss out on them

Sounds like this is for personal build and collection then why wait for retirement just grab them when you see a good discount.

Hi all. I totally agree with not going wrong with R2. I don't have him yet but soon. Question: Does the fact that HH is the very, very first Lego Haunted House set ever made make it a sure win as far as increasing tremendously? There have been so many incarnations of R2, and will surely be more. But with only one haunted house set so far from Lego's history, can HH get to numbers like Green Grocer?

Hi all. I totally agree with not going wrong with R2. I don't have him yet but soon. Question: Does the fact that HH is the very, very first Lego Haunted House set ever made make it a sure win as far as increasing tremendously? There have been so many incarnations of R2, and will surely be more. But with only one haunted house set so far from Lego's history, can HH get to numbers like Green Grocer?

I think that there will be a large increase in the HH, when it goes EOL, but I don't think that it will get to prices like the Green Grocer. As for R2, that is the first UCS version of him, and it should do very well once it's EOL.

You could be very right that it will be special and appreciate well at some value.  But one rule I go by is buy what you like and I really just don't like the Monster series (please no hate replies!).  I do like Zombies though (so I am not anti horror) and if someone wants to insert an affiliate link, you can get Wolrd War Z 3D Bluray pack  for about $13 on Amazon today ship & sold by amazon on backorder.  Its a great deal.

You could be very right that it will be special and appreciate well at some value.  But one rule I go by is buy what you like and I really just don't like the Monster series (please no hate replies!).  I do like Zombies though (so I am not anti horror) and if someone wants to insert an affiliate link, you can get Wolrd War Z 3D Bluray pack  for about $13 on Amazon today ship & sold by amazon on backorder.  Its a great deal.

That's one of my fundamental rules for investing - I don't buy things I don't like.

I'm not into Chima, I'm not big on LOTRs.  Do I completely ignore these as investments?  No.  But, I don't have massive quantities of them, either, because it just doesn't suit me.

my wife has recently realized how much she loves the lego castle sets, does anyone know when they will be retired? I know they have been out for a while, but we dont want to miss out on them

If you want them to build, buy now if you can get a good deal. No idea when the theme is due to end, I also do not know how good they will be as investments. The large castle does look good though. :)

But one rule I go by is buy what you like and I really just don't like the Monster series (please no hate replies!).  I do like Zombies though (so I am not anti horror) and if someone wants to insert an affiliate link, you can get Wolrd War Z 3D Bluray pack  for about $13 on Amazon today ship & sold by amazon on backorder.  Its a great deal.

I completely agree. Honestly, I think it looks butt ugly and I just don't see lego collectors being into that kind of stuff. 

Thanks for feedback guys. So IMO, I don't think Star Wars is my theme as far as collecting. I'll leave that theme to you guys lol. I love all dwellings (Bag End, Simpsons house, HH), all types of Creator and many LOTR sets. :smile: :grin: :twerk:

Mos Esley Cantina is a dwelling, if you know what I mean... As is Ewok Village  :devil:

Thanks for feedback guys. So IMO, I don't think Star Wars is my theme as far as collecting. I'll leave that theme to you guys lol. I love all dwellings (Bag End, Simpsons house, HH), all types of Creator and many LOTR sets. :smile: :grin: :twerk:

Thousands of Imperial Troops were stationed (dwelled in) in the Death Star and SSD. :D

How about Jabba's Palace ? It is a legitimate place to live. You can even add a pet dwelling to it (Rancor Pit) :D :D :D

Thousands of Imperial Troops were stationed (dwelled in) in the Death Star and SSD. :D

How about Jabba's Palace ? It is a legitimate place to live. You can even add a pet dwelling to it (Rancor Pit) :D :D :D

One of these days, they should probably do a sitcom about the life on board of Death Star. Too bad "Big Bang" title is already taken..

Hey game I actually think all the current big exclusives are impressive especially the camper, sopwith, modulars, TB, and HH. I have been stocking up on the T1, sopwith, and GE and now I got decent number of them (to my standard anyway ) I'm looking to maybe shift the focus a little bit. I'm not a huge star war fan but I think the r2 will be big seller once done as it is just too iconic. So I'm mainly debating whether to get more HH or R2.

Looks like you already know what your doing, I love all of those sets!!! R2 is one of the favorites around here. My 2 oldest nephews love it & they are 10 years apart in age & never agree on anything. lol......Its tough to choose between HH & R2 so I would just buy both...... Who knows how long R2 D2 will still be around, I sure don't...

I think the HH will reach value over GG for one the cost of this set is very high. It appeals to many people women alike. Haunted House isn't something that will just be a fad they've always been popular. The fact that its like a modular and is victorian style house and includes rare pieces will make this set a winner. Don't buy more for me and the few other people stocking up. I seriously think many people are gona miss out. If your on the edge atleast buy 1 or 2 so you have one to keep and sell the other later to cover the cost of both.

Let's forget that the HH is even part of the monsters fighters series. The house as a stand alone is an awesome beatiful set. Much nicer to me then the corner cafe or even green groccer. Just my opinion but I love victorian style buildings.