Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Sure... it is a cute set. And you can integrate multiples in your City layout.

But I guess you are the only one who can still find them in the wild? And even at a discount? I could find some in Italy but they do not fit in my suitcase.

Buy a bigger suitcase.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Buy a bigger suitcase.

Or just rip the box open, take out the contents and stuff them in your rucksack! ;-)

LEGO UK currently has these on Back Order:

10247 Ferris Wheel

10253 Big Ben

10697 Large Creative Box

21020 Trevi Fountain

21305 Maze

70313 Moltor’s Lava Smasher

76038 Attack on Avengers Tower

10246 Detective’s Office  (Pinch of salt... Somebody at John Lewis told me they're not restocking it in the New Year - Same surprise as the TH?)

76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier

10218 Pet Shop

10243 Sydney Opera House

21303 WALL-E

21304 Doctor Who

41100 Heartlake Private Jet

42030 Volvo L350F

42031 Cherry Picker

42036 Street Motorcycle

42042 Crawler Crane

71040 Disney Castle

75908 458 Italia GT2

88002 Power Functions Train Motor

Edited by TabbyBoy
addition

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

10246 Detective’s Office  (Pinch of salt... Somebody at John Lewis told me they're not restocking it in the New Year - Same surprise as the TH?)

Feck me, so I looks like I'm using my VIP points to buy this then.

Edited by Ciaraf76

I think the idea of DO going seems far fetched.

It wouldn't be a surprise like TH it would be a complete shock. Skip two older modulars to retire a much more recent one earlier than the norm?

It may be true about JL stopping stocking it in the same way that TRU seem to have pulled right back on modulars but I'm not convinced that signifies EOL. More likely stores are tired of having big boxes taking up shelves when nobody wants them because the box is damaged. That's the good thing about Smyths toys, they have the good sense to put most of the high end sets out of reach of children and trolleys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

It wouldn't be a surprise like TH it would be a complete shock. Skip two older modulars to retire a much more recent one earlier than the norm?

It may be true about JL stopping stocking it in the same way that TRU seem to have pulled right back on modulars but I'm not convinced that signifies EOL. More likely stores are tired of having big boxes taking up shelves when nobody wants them because the box is damaged. That's the good thing about Smyths toys, they have the good sense to put most of the high end sets out of reach of children and trolleys.

Wouldn´t it be hilarious if TLG went from having 6 modulars on the go to only 2 or 3 next year? Could happen if the new ones are not selling and ASS is the last one in the series.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I also doubt they would retire Detective's Office. Palace Cinema seems much more likely.

6 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

There's still a lot of people that buy almost exclusively in store. My local Fun toy store gets a new shipment of exclusives every couple of months and they are almost always gone before the next shipment arrives. If they have modulars, they are gone in one week. Even Fairground Mixer was gone after a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

There's still a lot of people that buy almost exclusively in store. My local Fun toy store gets a new shipment of exclusives every couple of months and they are almost always gone before the next shipment arrives. If they have modulars, they are gone in one week. Even Fairground Mixer was gone after a couple of weeks.

We are not alone.

alone.jpg

Edited by Ciglione

8 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think there are 3 older modulars - PS, PC, PR. Plus, DO will reach 2. year on January 2017, while TH EOL came after 2.5 years. Plus, TH was more expensive sets than the rest of modulars. So there is no logic to retire DO. It can happen, but then the investments into modulars will be really dead. Nobody will be able to expect the EOL - which can come after 2 years, but also in 6 years. Stocking up the modulars, which can be on shelves for further 3-4-5 years, is a suicide. For TLG would be better to put a "retiring soon" tag on DO, if they want to retire it, since it can start a huge hoarding attack, which mean extra profit for TLG in a short time.

But everything can happen - on January is coming the 6. modulars, after PS retirment there will remain still 5 modulars - too much. It is also a big competition for new, extremly expensive modular. So logically would be best to retire PS, PC and maybe also PR. If PR has good sales, then they can change it for DO. So its possible...

1 minute ago, fantomas007 said:

I think there are 3 older modulars - PS, PC, PR. Plus, DO will reach 2. year on January 2017, while TH EOL came after 2.5 years. Plus, TH was more expensive sets than the rest of modulars. So there is no logic to retire DO. It can happen, but then the investments into modulars will be really dead. Nobody will be able to expect the EOL - which can come after 2 years, but also in 6 years. Stocking up the modulars, which can be on shelves for further 3-4-5 years, is a suicide. For TLG would be better to put a "retiring soon" tag on DO, if they want to retire it, since it can start a huge hoarding attack, which mean extra profit for TLG in a short time.

But everything can happen - on January is coming the 6. modulars, after PS retirment there will remain still 5 modulars - too much. It is also a big competition for new, extremly expensive modular. So logically would be best to retire PS, PC and maybe also PR. If PR has good sales, then they can change it for DO. So its possible...

To summarize what you said: It's not possible but it's possible. I think your crystal ball needs some polishing.

• Like 3

I just think that if you want to have DO at a nice discount. Like today at Kaufhof, you'd better buy it now. As I think it will become harder to find like Pet Shop last year.

It will be mostly only obtainable at Lego SaH or the Lego Store. That seems to be Lego's new policy to combat reseller scum.

Does anyone have an idea which current available modular has the most rare parts?

Guest TabbyBoy

I did say "with a pinch of salt". I've not got a DO yet but, I'll be ordering 2, 1 for my collection and 1 to cover my arse. I don't believe it myself but, I thought I'd mention it in case any of you have heard anything. It would make sense for the PC to go first, right?

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Or just rip the box open, take out the contents and stuff them in your rucksack! ;-)

LEGO UK currently has these on Back Order:

10247 Ferris Wheel

10253 Big Ben

10697 Large Creative Box

21020 Trevi Fountain

21305 Maze

70313 Moltor’s Lava Smasher

76038 Attack on Avengers Tower

76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier

10218 Pet Shop

10243 Sydney Opera House

21303 WALL-E

21304 Doctor Who

41100 Heartlake Private Jet

42030 Volvo L350F

42031 Cherry Picker

42036 Street Motorcycle

42042 Crawler Crane

71040 Disney Castle

75908 458 Italia GT2

88002 Power Functions Train Motor

Add palace cinema to the backorder list as well. Looking a bit like an early Christmas present if 2 of them go.

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Add palace cinema to the backorder list as well. Looking a bit like an early Christmas present if 2 of them go.

Thanks, I'll order another one right now ;-)

75919 IR back to sold out status at EU SAH - let´s hope it stays that way.

21006 WH backordered till next week - looking done too

76042 SHIELD and 10234 SOH both back in stock but I expect these to be the last production runs for both.

PC I am not sure about, need to ask around.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Thanks, I'll order another one right now ;-)

Be careful though. You might get your order cancelled because of this:

1 order.png

I ordered a VW Beetle last Sunday to get the double VIP + Countdown Calendar promo, and then that very same day I got notified through email that my order was cancelled because I had already bought a VW Beetle recently (using the €10 discount code + London Bus promo combination :P) and only one set per household rule applied....

Curious that this notification is shown at all sets. Even sets that have an order limit of 10 !

• Like 1