Retiring Soon - open speculation

3 minutes ago, king156 said:

guys anyone know when the London bus promo ends ? Is it tonight at midnight or tomorrow a midnight ? UK I mean ;)

If you are waiting for 40222 and still want to get the London Bus, I don't think that's possible. They usually don't have promotions overlapping.

If you want London Bus + double VIP now is the time to get it. Normally it ends saturday night, but the next promo is usually only activated sometime in the morning (sunday morning in this case).

In store is a different matter, you could get both if you're lucky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c_rpg said:

If you are waiting for 40222 and still want to get the London Bus, I don't think that's possible. They usually don't have promotions overlapping.

If you want London Bus + double VIP now is the time to get it. Normally it ends saturday night, but the next promo is usually only activated sometime in the morning (sunday morning in this case).

In store is a different matter, you could get both if you're lucky.

Good stuff thanks for that, just been ordering a lot the last few days getting as many London busses, don't want to push it and get banned lost all them points, so your saying should be good to do an order sunday at the latest and qualify for the London bus ?

2 minutes ago, king156 said:

Good stuff thanks for that, just been ordering a lot the last few days getting as many London busses, don't want to push it and get banned lost all them points, so your saying should be good to do an order sunday at the latest and qualify for the London bus ?

You could still get the London Bus Sunday morning if they haven't activated the next promo yet, but safer to get it today or tomorrow. What I'm saying is: as soon as the 40222 promo is activated, the London Bus promo will end.

Edited by c_rpg
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Yeah, that's the only downside.

You get less views, but then again there's the whole ebay search indexing scam that you have to take into account if you list popular items. I noticed that BS when I listed some non-lego stuff recently.

What's "the whole ebay search indexing scam"?

Edited by BrickStacker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BrickStacker said:

What's "the whole ebay search indexing scam"?

I think he means the custom, non-disclosed algorithm that places search results in a particular order, not necessarily by best price (default sorting is "relevant", and what EBay considers relevant is determined by that algorithm). Probably same gripe as the Buy Box on Amazon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Val-E said:

What about raising all prices by 4% and offering a 4% discount for cash payment / bank transfer? I guess doing anything other than using Paypal violates their TOS.

Does that mean 4x VIP then?

So you can offer a discount for cash or other payment even though you can't offer a fee for credit cards but you have to follow  many requirements. The highest price must be listed in the largest font and it must be at least a certain size font and font type. Basically the customer must see the highest price first and not the cheaper price to bait customers. This law was created to stop gas stations from advertising a cheap price with conditions to get people in the stations. I had to enforce this law when I inspected gas stations and it is not understand all the requirements so I avoid using the method. It also leads to complaints and unhappy customers which make unhappy owners.

I will try to pull up the law on it. 

Sorry for off topic but, I hit the limit for PC from lego @ home, 5 minutes in got an email saying order cancelled, I can see from my online banking im down the £119.99 any idea how long it takes for the refund to come back in ? From cancelled orders on lego's side...am sure you guys have had it happen before thanks :)

I think what you see in your online banking is just a credit card hold. Lego normally will really charge your credit card when the order is ready to ship.

If you have used a debit card I am sorry as I am not really sure how it would work. We can read the fine print in the Lego website to find out.

Edited by Simon74
  • Like 1

Just now, Simon74 said:

I think what you see in your online banking is just a credit card hold. Lego normally will really charge your credit card when the order is ready to ship.

Its a debit card, so do you think that the funds the bank are holding will just get released in maybe the next few days ? :)

38 minutes ago, king156 said:

Sorry for off topic but, I hit the limit for PC from lego @ home, 5 minutes in got an email saying order cancelled, I can see from my online banking im down the £119.99 any idea how long it takes for the refund to come back in ? From cancelled orders on lego's side...am sure you guys have had it happen before thanks :)

Did you order more copies than the limit of 5?

1 hour ago, king156 said:

Its a debit card, so do you think that the funds the bank are holding will just get released in maybe the next few days ? :)

It's weekend. They should refund it by monday / tuesday. The holding BS is mainly paypal (sometimes up to 2 weeks).

Very high probability of Sith Infiltrator (75096) and Resistance Troop Transport (75140) retiring soon, in UK when TRU marks a set as 30 or 33% (very good discount for TRU as they very rarely go anymore than that) most of the times it is on the way out and they are trying to get rid of last remaining stock.

37 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Very high probability of Sith Infiltrator (75096) and Resistance Troop Transport (75140) retiring soon, in UK when TRU marks a set as 30 or 33% (very good discount for TRU as they very rarely go anymore than that) most of the times it is on the way out and they are trying to get rid of last remaining stock.

75096 is probably nailed on but I'd be surprised by 75140. Most sw sets go through at least one christmas period and this was part of the second wave of TFA sets.