Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm holding my Pet Shops until they reach £275 which will probably be in 2-3 years.

No way to expect such amounts... we live in another space now, too much hoarding. A success would be to reach EUR 200 after 2 years and EUR 220 after 3 years. Even prices of less hoarded GE jumped from EUR 270 to EUR 250 in last weeks... No one modular will go over EUR 270-300 in 5-6 years after EOL, only after many years. Or if TLG makes unexpected EOL for a modular just after 2 years...

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

No way to expect such amounts... we live in another space now, too much hoarding. A success would be to reach EUR 200 after 2 years and EUR 220 after 3 years. Even prices of less hoarded GE jumped from EUR 270 to EUR 250 in last weeks... No one modular will go over EUR 270-300 in 5-6 years after EOL, only after many years. Or if TLG makes unexpected EOL for a modular just after 2 years...

I only say that as I don't think the pet shops are hoarded that much as a lot on here don't share the same love for it as I do. Either way, I should still be able to shift them easily for £150 cash next year which is still a nice £50 profit. It's my last 2 Simpson Houses I really want to shift as these are turkeys I think.

4 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I forget, was T-Rex tracker out of stock as well?

I'm not sure but all the Jurassic World sets were having availability issues lately: temporarily out of stock, backordered or even sold out. Now they're all available with limit 10. Maybe a final huge production run for the whole theme?

It's weird, but my circuits keep suggesting not to buy any more legos for investment and instead put my money in stock - specifically anheuser busch and pabst brewing company for when the post election blues kick in for the disenfranchised.  

None of these sets, except for Wall-e look promising to me.  

Who makes Natty Light? Busch? That'll be a winner.

Guest TabbyBoy
23 minutes ago, donbee said:

Who makes Natty Light? Busch? That'll be a winner.

You can't beat proper British Real Ale! I admit, American craft beers have come a long way in recent years and I've heard that they may even be drinkable soon! ;-) I also own an interest in a local micro-brewery and I'm just waiting to see if I can buy a bigger share as one of the guys wants to retire (his wife hates him drinking!). It's a Public Limited Company and I look forward to the dividends.

3 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

Just a word of caution to US sellers: You are not allowed to add a paypal fee. In other countries it is OK, but In USA, doing so means you just violated Paypal's TOS.

What about raising all prices by 4% and offering a 4% discount for cash payment / bank transfer? I guess doing anything other than using Paypal violates their TOS.

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Just received this e-mail:

Naamloos.png

Subtle Lego... very subtle

Does that mean 4x VIP then?

22 hours ago, Val-E said:

I´d speculate that the order of hoarding (outside BP) is:

PS, Ecto, EV, SC, SOH, Wall E, TBBT. Weird the Simpsons stuff is not tagged. Perhaps because KWE is already backordered but then so was SOH.

My order is indeed almost like you predicted:
Ecto-1 > Pet Shop > Ewok Village/Sandcrawler/Dr. Who > Wall-E > The Big Bang Theory > Sydney Opera House

Edited by Infiltrator