Retiring Soon - open speculation

20 hours ago, asharerin said:

It is no secret this was a big downyear for TLG. Dimensions did not pan out like they had hoped and there was no new movie. This was the worst sales year they have had in a long, long time. Retailers are scrambling to discount to move product. The new SW movies are not generating merchandise sales like many companies had hoped for. It is just a different consumer market today than it was back in the 80s. There will be no article about Lego shortages this year lol.

I think the Lego Batman movie is going to be huge and make Lego relevant again in 2017. I really think they knocked it out of the park with those new Batman movie sets. I think Assembly Square is going to generate alot of new fans for the modular line and even those sets getting a cameo in Assembly Square. TLG understand where they went wrong but it is not an easy ship to turn around quickly. Next year we are getting the rehashed UCS snowspeeder and ISD so SW is going to suck yet again at least until 2018. I really hope the new fairground set rumors are false but we will have to wait and see. As resellers we will want to be ultra selective on what to buy and the price the next 2-3 years. I think when TLG comes out on the other side they and us are going to be very profitable again.

I will go deep on 1 or 2 sets the next 2-3 years but that is it. Diversify into other toy brands and categories to keep cash flow going but Lego will be back I am confident of it :)

Hold on a second.... 

We get a rehashed ISD and Fairground Mixer???

25 minutes ago, king156 said:

oh I have quite a few fairground mixers, thanks for the heads up going to list mine and dump the NOW

I doubt Lego will make another fairground mixer as it is a poor seller. They may make more fairground type sets or remake a carousel but that may increase the mixers sales as it would make the fair theme more complete. That is just my opinion though

3 minutes ago, Salimr said:

I doubt Lego will make another fairground mixer as it is a poor seller. They may make more fairground type sets or remake a carousel but that may increase the mixers sales as it would make the fair theme more complete. That is just my opinion though

No, all we need is a rollercoaster... (but not a pink one...)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The US horde are clearly doing better than us Europeans at destocking lego. Most modulars are backordered, Wall-E too and a few things have gone to C2C or sold out. Looks like the season has started.

Disney Castle out of stock and not backordered???

28 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Disney Castle out of stock and not backordered???

I have been watching it on Lego SAH here in North America - every time it sells out, they do not offer a backorder order option.. you have to wait for it to go back in stock to place an order.

Edited by Shneebs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Salimr said:

Awhile back there was a list of amazons top selling sets and it was way way down the list. It is somewhere on this site I just don't feel like looking it up :)

Screenshot from 2016-10-27 10-15-30.png

#382 is right up there with Palace Cinema (#399) as one of the better selling modulars. Pet Shop is #230 (due to Retiring Soon label in Europe) and Brick Bank is #569.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Screenshot from 2016-10-27 10-15-30.png

#382 is right up there with Palace Cinema (#399) as one of the better selling modulars. Pet Shop is #230 (due to Retiring Soon label in Europe) and Brick Bank is #569.

Your right! I swore I read on this site a few months back it was literally at the bottom and people were surprised Lego continued to produce it. Even though it is better than I thought, it still does not seem likely to get remade. It still never retired and it is no Death Star, AT AT, police station, falcon, or star destroyer as those are the sets that seem to get remade.

3 minutes ago, Salimr said:

Your right! I swore I read on this site a few months back it was literally at the bottom and people were surprised Lego continued to produce it. Even though it is better than I thought, it still does not seem likely to get remade. It still never retired and it is no Death Star, AT AT, police station, falcon, or star destroyer as those are the sets that seem to get remade.

Since there is retirement talk about FM (just like with PS and PC), the numbers I reported might be inflated due to folks buying this set in anticipation of retirement. FM also has been on sale recently (and is on sale currently at Amazon for $130, but I believe it got as low as $117).

4 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

SD Mystery Plane Adventures is OOS

Might be the start of gutting the SD theme...

I love this set and its a nice price point (could have been purchased for $15 or below almost anywhere). You get the exclusive Scooby with aviator goggles,a shaggy fig, the plane, and my personal favorite part of the set is the Headless Horseman on his faithful steed. I love me some Scooby!

• Like 1

Was at lego store yestrrday. For anyone interested there is a very high probability  that all of the following sets/themes will be retiring end of year, whether they sell out or how popular they will be is another question...

2nd wave 2016 bionicle

S16 minifgures

S9 mixels

Speed champions series 1

scooby doo

Deep sea 

Star wars buildable figures

TFA sets ( except for MF, resistance x wing and possibly Rey's Speeder for some reason)

Batcave

Technic fire plane / volvo loader 

Out of all the retiring soon candidates, only SOH has been missing from my lego for a few weeks / months now, that is definitely the pick of the crop for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Was at lego store yestrrday. For anyone interested there is a very high probability  that all of the following sets/themes will be retiring end of year, whether they sell out or how popular they will be is another question...

2nd wave 2016 bionicle

S16 minifgures

S9 mixels

Speed champions series 1

scooby doo

Deep sea 

Star wars buildable figures

TFA sets ( except for MF, resistance x wing and possibly Rey's Speeder for some reason)

Batcave

Technic fire plane / volvo loader 

Out of all the retiring soon candidates, only SOH has been missing from my lego for a few weeks / months now, that is definitely the pick of the crop for me.

Batcave? It just came out. Don´t you mean Jokerland?