Retiring Soon - open speculation

21 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

That being said, in for 33. 

my thinking exactly.  maybe an xmas flip opportunity forming before us.

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Not an exclusive though.

true.  seems fairly improbable.  sigh.  just a head fake for some other surprise retirement.

Edited by cladner

Some EU data:

TIE vs A-Wing is backordered over here, not oos.

As for the Rogue One sets, it seems that this is pretty much the order in which they went to backordered status:

• AT-ST
  • TIE Striker
  • Krennic's Imperial Shuttle
  • U-Wing
  • Hovertank

Obviously they could very well have different stock levels, but it should give some indication as to which sets are going to be the most popular. I think AT-ST is going to be a winner.

Other sets that are now backordered:

• Vader's TIE vs A-Wing
  • Naboo Starfighter
  • ASSault on Hoth
  • Sandcrawler
  • Imperial Troop Transport
  • Geonesis Troopers
  • Wookie Gunship

Out of stock:

• Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Some EU data:

TIE vs A-Wing is backordered over here, not oos.

As for the Rogue One sets, it seems that this is pretty much the order in which they went to backordered status:

• AT-ST
  • TIE Striker
  • Krennic's Imperial Shuttle
  • U-Wing
  • Hovertank

Obviously they could very well have different stock levels, but it should give some indication as to which sets are going to be the most popular. I think AT-ST is going to be a winner.

Other sets that are now backordered:

• Vader's TIE vs A-Wing
  • Naboo Starfighter
  • ASSault on Hoth
  • Sandcrawler
  • Imperial Troop Transport
  • Geonesis Troopers
  • Wookie Gunship

Out of stock:

• Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter

it seems like the out of back order / out of stock data is country specific as in UK the following sets are NOT in back order:

• Vader's TIE vs A-Wing
  • Naboo Starfighter
  • Assault on Hoth
  • Like 1

conceptually there is a big difference between BACK ORDER and orderable vs OUT OF STOCK and unorderable with 75150 being listed as CALL TO CHECK AVAILABILITY .  btw i still I hate the new buggy website.  takes like 2 or 3 F5's to get the page to load properly.

most of these stock variances are definitely country specific making it even more puzzling  - Dr. Who is listed as retiring soon in Europe and still has the "NEW" tag in the US !?!?!?

exciting times are upon us.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, glucapg said:

Nobody want it? Very poor seller? Or too many in the warehouse?

Great looking set.  Of all the SW stuff available this is the one I've seen non SW/non Lego fans being drawn to the most (but they think its cool then don't buy).  I reckon this is my favourite currently available set.

Poor seller... it was on pre-black Friday sale last year (in EU) but then absent from any black Friday deals at LEGO Shop at Home so I'm thinking its probably a reasonable seller... popular enough to keep it around it seems.  
Too many in the warehouse....maybe they've judged demand for this one spot on to keep it available without having to over-store.  Who knows.  Or maybe the lack of complementary Endor sets at the moment keeps this one in the back for now.
Just imagine if RO was about stealing the plans to the second DS :)

9 hours ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

The fact that this hasn't gone back order in Europe LEGO Shop at Home (where its 3x VIP on SW) and AoH has surprises me quite a lot.
I was convinced this offer would do it for EV.

Lots of SW sets now on back order. Triple points did the job nicely for Lego.

Looks like some of the 2015 battle packs like Geonosis Troopers, Senate Troopers, and  the Rebels Stormtrooper packs are all out of stock.  They could come back for a little bit, but I don't think there will be anymore runs on these and they are going to get scarce.  The stormtrooper pack at one point looked like a good bet, but with the Rogue One battle pack next year that has two stormtroopers and two death troopers in it, I wouldn't go too crazy on those.  I do like the others.  For some reason, these offshoot battle packs seem to do better long term than the movie packs.  Not sure why that is, but seems to be the case.

By the end of this month, I think we will have a good idea what is about to retire.