Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy

Korea is a totally different market and give the US/Europe no indication whatsoever of retirement. This reminds me of the old Batcave that had what seemed like years between US and UK retirements. I also remember that the UK had Architecture Studio after it retired in the US.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Korea is a totally different market and give the US/Europe no indication whatsoever of retirement. This reminds me of the old Batcave that had what seemed like years between US and UK retirements. I also remember that the UK had Architecture Studio after it retired in the US.

This maybe true, but surely at the very least it gives a solid indication that the PS shop is now looking like the next modular to retire over PC or PR which some others speculated?

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It was you that said PS would stop production before the summer, right? This is not gospel either but I´d take it with another of other indicators and say both are done in 2016. Something has to give.

12 minutes ago, Haay said:

I had to use a different browser where I was not signed in to LEGO Shop at Home with my VIP account to see that message. While signed in and trying to click through to the Pet Shop I got an error message instead. :P 

I decided to get myself an extra pet shop using that NL10 code to get an extra discount. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
43 minutes ago, yu051131 said:

i wont buy T1 , there are too much of them

There were also too many 10187 VW Beetles before they retired and look at them now!

I made a killing on those and reinvested the money (I've not used any new money since!) to build up a stash worth £££££s.

Those who don't buy a T1 will really be missing out. How can a currently widely available set still sell for close/above RRP on eBay, doesn't that tell you something?

Even if it's re-released in a new colour, I think the 10220 will still be sought after.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Those who don't buy a T1 will really be missing out. How can a currently widely available set still sell for close/above RRP on eBay, doesn't that tell you something?

Well the good news is it should only take the horde 4 years to sell through their stash so that should leave 6 months or so to make your 20% profit before the pics of the remake are leaked.

• Like 8

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Well the good news is it should only take the horde 4 years to sell through their stash so that should leave 6 months or so to make your 20% profit before the pics of the remake are leaked.

Nobody knows how much the horde has and I may have none for all you know ;-) The same was said about the Sopwith Camel and I can now make 2x after fees but, I'm in no rush to sell them.

It could be another TH where they wait until the last minute only to snooze and lose.

I won't be surprised if the VW Camper lasts another 4-5 years as it's a great seller and I always see it being cleared out at my local John Lewis. Hopefully the impatient horde will have offloaded theirs by then!