Retiring Soon - open speculation

9 hours ago, Val-E said:

The first large exclusive retirements are not far away now - maybe we will even see some in European 2xVIP or by BF.

Reviewing my list of candidates with latest info, I am going with:

PS, SOH, SC, EV, FM, SW and WTS (easy picks), SH, KWEM as sure fire EOL´s and SHIELD and Mini as  50/50 gambles. Airjitzu would be my joker.

Not this years for T1, PC and TB.

What's "SW" in this case?

I just got the Holiday 2016 catalog from LEGO. Comparing it to the previous Fall 2016 Catalog, it is probable that the following could be retired by the year's end:

• 10218 Pet Shop
  • 10234 Sydney Opera House
  • 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate (Oops. Forgot this came out in July.
  • 75059 Sandcrawler

Purely speculative of course.

Edited by TANV
Error 404

2 minutes ago, TANV said:

I just got the Holiday 2016 catalog from LEGO. Comparing it to the previous Fall 2016 Catalog, it is probable that the following could be retired by the year's end:

• 10218 Pet Shop
  • 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate
  • 75059 Sandcrawler

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate just released in July, will be a surprise if that goes so early, seems like a very low probability of that happening 

• 10218 Pet Shop
  • 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate
  • 75059 Sandcrawler

Didn't 75158 just come out? Of course, I don't recall seeing it in any store.

6 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate just released in July, will be a surprise if that goes so early, seems like a very low probability of that happening 

Oops. You are correct, good citizen. I've amended accordingly.

5 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

Didn't 75158 just come out? Of course, I don't recall seeing it in any store.

OOH. THE PLOT THICKENS...but in all seriousness, yeah, you're right. It probably won't be retired soon. Error on my part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infiltrator said:

Panic!
75060 is no longer listed on LEGO Shop at Home Austria! No entry found. Only 34 exclusive sets. On friday there were 35 (including Slave I).

Is this probably the end? No backorder or OOS labels.

Maybe an EOL surprise?

UK site lists 75060 as "Backorders accepted" to ship by 11th Oct.  Limit is still 5 though.

Thanks @stlux!

You're right - seems to be a bug. It's still not listed on the page, nor in the "exclusives" section of the site.
The new website is extremely buggy! Thought I need to panic order tomorrow more 75060 sets at TRU but now it I'm relaxed.
This would be a big surprise if it retires this year. I need to accumulate more 75095 TIEs since I have only one - on the other side I have 4x 75060.
Dislike to you new Lego website! :D

• Like 1

New to this great forum but invest quite a bit on other lines, I'm trying to decipher what do you guys aim for in the box seals? I have heard of SC and EV almost retiring. Now, SC has been in and out of stock at the lego shop online. Do you guys stock up on the UCS or does it not really matter?