Retiring Soon - open speculation

But if PS and TB have been out of stock as well, does it indicate the same thing as with the ssd? Or are people just buying expensive sets due to the double vip, is lego having trouble following all these orders and will a second wave be on its way for a couple more months if not years?

Perhaps it is retorical when i read my questions again. Lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

But if PS and GE and VC have been sold out as well, does it mean the same thing as with the ssd? Or are people just buying expensive sets due to the double vip, is lego having trouble following all these orders and will a second wave be on its way for a couple more months if not years?

Perhaps it is retorical when i read my questions again. Lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

All of those sets have estimated ship dates, but the SSD does not. I would guess most of those sets are delayed due to the double points, but it seems there is something different with SSD.

IS there a reason why someone would order from amazon Walmart or target relative to the 2 points via lego? Even 3% back via Amazon or 5% via target, and the Lego points are only valid in the future w them, assuming a state w no sales tax, why would Lego direct not be the most viable?

• Like 1

IS there a reason why someone would order from amazon Walmart or target relative to the 2 points via lego? Even 3% back via Amazon or 5% via target, and the Lego points are only valid in the future w them, assuming a state w no sales tax, why would Lego direct not be the most viable?

If you mean SSD, then it is OOS at shop at home in US, making it not-viable at all, unless it shows up in May again

• Like 1

To spread out your purchases.  Buying lots of SDD's from shop@home risks bringing down the banhammer.  Instead, buy a few from there, a few from amazon, target, etc.

• Like 1

You are 100% correct. I rather take the 3% to 5% discount from Amazon, target, etc,,, than buy directly from Lego unless there is a beyond exceptional promo. There are other discounts and credit cards (e.g. discover) that also add savings.

All of those sets have estimated ship dates, but the SSD does not. I would guess most of those sets are delayed due to the double points, but it seems there is something different with SSD.

It will be available to order again in a few days when they have an eta on the next production run. I can't imagine all of those generic grey pieces are already out of the rotation. Early 2015 would be a safe bet if it is going to be retired.

It will be available to order again in a few days when they have an eta on the next production run. I can't imagine all of those generic grey pieces are already out of the rotation. Early 2015 would be a safe bet if it is going to be retired.

Good luck with that.  Either way retired is retired.  I am almost done with these and then I can move on.