Retiring Soon - open speculation

There are many reasons why people don't go to the Lego store. (Parking, Driving, Time, Carrying the DSS & Risk it not being there..etc....)
If you do the math, its not that much of a savings if you live in a No tax Amazon state.  
My state charges 7%,  2x vip point is 10%, so 3% saving =$12 for a DSS.
Remember its $12 toward another Lego store Purchase.  
No polybags this month, so Shopping from Amazon would be the way to go for some folks who makes more than $12/Hour.
The only issue with Amazon is only 2 per order until you receive it.

• Like 1

There are many reasons why people don't go to the Lego store. (Parking, Driving, Time, Carrying the DSS & Risk it not being there..etc....)

If you do the math, its not that much of a savings if you live in a No tax Amazon state.  

My state charges 7%,  2x vip point is 10%, so 3% saving =$12 for a DSS.

Remember its $12 toward another Lego store Purchase.  

No polybags this month, so Shopping from Amazon would be the way to go for some folks who makes more than $12/Hour.

The only issue with Amazon is only 2 per order until you receive it.

If you figure in 3% Amazon refund, it's a wash.

so getting back to retiring soon theme here...

there has been a subtle disturbance in the Force manifest on S&**** website.

When grouping the lego star wars theme by newest , there has been further rightward/downward shifting of the SSD which implies its not coming back.

Also, today, the DS and the MF (which are OOS and delayed ship dates) have jumped back a bunch of spots, now moved into the spot between the previszla mandalorian fighter (which is retired soon) and the SSD (which is just plain SOLD OUT).

This either means nothing.  Or it means something.  DS-less SW fans should take note.

IS there a reason why someone would order from amazon Walmart or target relative to the 2 points via lego? Even 3% back via Amazon or 5% via target, and the Lego points are only valid in the future w them, assuming a state w no sales tax, why would Lego direct not be the most viable?

I have a billion points for Amazon. Putting the ssd at under 200.00. I don't pay tax through Amazon. I like not being banned.

Same question I have.  If it officially rolls over next month amazon should see some pretty good buying pressure.  Since amazon, target, and wal-mart still show in stock.  I am going to hold off on my last 8.  Going to hope for a gift card deal or something like in the past.

For all you guys with this CC, you can now save 6% plus your state tax.

Better than 2x vip points.

Thanks for helping me navigate this, just save me a trip to the Lego Store.

How do you get to 6% cash back with amazon rewards credit card. I thought it was only 3%.  This would be awesome since the T1 VW Camper is in my gold box today :)