10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Guest TabbyBoy
On 29/10/2016 at 2:34 PM, Ciglione said:

If it retires really soon 300 euro at Xmas 2017 might be realistic.

Since it's the only Retiring Soon set not on Back Order, I think I did the right thing by not buying any. I think there's a risk of disappointment on the horizon after EOL if not bought at a big discount. I actually prefer the ASSault on Hoth TBH ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Since it's the only Retiring Soon set not on Back Order, I think I did the right thing by not buying any. I think there's a risk of disappointment on the horizon after EOL if not bought at a big discount. I actually prefer the ASSault on Hoth TBH ;-)

The same to me...

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Wash your mouth out Tabby, EV is in a different league to the Hoth 5 in 1 Superpack.

• Like 7

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Wash your mouth out Tabby, EV is in a different league to the Hoth 5 in 1 Superpack.

Oops... I knew I'd rattle somebody's cage ;-)

Seriously, my interest in current SW UCS sets is somewhat lacking.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

Oops... I knew I'd rattle somebody's cage ;-)

Seriously, my interest in current SW UCS sets is somewhat lacking.

When it comes to Star Wars UCS I'd  rather donate to a resellers profit margin for a back catalogue UCS set than give Lego money for AoH. I'm resigned to the fact that as a bit of a completionist I'll have to pick it up at some point but I'm exhausting all other options first and waiting for a deep discount.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Legojona said:

From what I understood about your huge purchases, you not buying a lot is probably a good indicator of the scarcity :-D

The first thing people get told when they start investing is to buy UCS and modulars,  there'll be plenty of this set and SC

Glad your optimistic! I'm not so sure on investment potential on this one anymore. I really like this set and so do my kids, but there are so many sets to choose from. I would pay more than MSRP for this if I did not have one but not tons more. The shipping on it will not be cheap and it takes up tons of room. 

All my real profits this year have been sets I picked up at 50% off or AT-AT and imperial star destroyers.

I guess if the Ewok village does not rise enough to cover shipping, fees, and my time, we can make one awesome Lego forest and treehouse with the 3 we have!

1 minute ago, Salimr said:

Glad your optimistic! I'm not so sure on investment potential on this one anymore. I really like this set and so do my kids, but there are so many sets to choose from. I would pay more than MSRP for this if I did not have one but not tons more. The shipping on it will not be cheap and it takes up tons of room. 

All my real profits this year have been sets I picked up at 50% off or AT-AT and imperial star destroyers.

I guess if the Ewok village does not rise enough to cover shipping, fees, and my time, we can make one awesome Lego forest and treehouse with the 3 we have!

In for 15 so far, will try and gran another 10 but playing with fire leaving it late. Should do just fine if you buy on discount and sell when ebay has deals and get shipping deals

grab

1 minute ago, king156 said:

In for 15 so far, will try and gran another 10 but playing with fire leaving it late. Should do just fine if you buy on discount and sell when ebay has deals and get shipping deals

grab

I did not get mine at discount:( maybe that's why I'm negative about this one. I usually do great with the discounts.

they only old sets I would pay for that I don't have are CC, GG, and MS for when I get around to being the completionist. I really want the IF as I just missed the boat on that. (no pun intended). The old SW sets are cool, but I don't feel like I had to have em. I also need the WV post office, but afraid they will remake.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's too early to say, but I've lost faith in this set. None of the recent promos at SAH have helped to push this set to back order / TOOS / OOS etc

In UK this set is still available at the majority of Smyths. The 20% sale / vouchers made no difference and it didint evem go OOS online. Compare this to slave 1, and that thing vanished during the smyth sales, it did get replenished but that's expected for a set not retiring.

I bought 2 at Smyths 20% off sale but I don't have enough faith to hold for 1 let alone 2+ years. I rather sell up and invest elsewhere as I personally don't see this set doing much and think money can be better spent elsewhere. I still have one left which I will keep for personal build.

I've got rid of mines and bought 2 disney minifigures sealed cases. There already worth more if you split up and sell per complete set.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I know it's too early to say, but I've lost faith in this set. None of the recent promos at SAH have helped to push this set to back order / TOOS / OOS etc

In UK this set is still available at the majority of Smyths. The 20% sale / vouchers made no difference and it didint evem go OOS online. Compare this to slave 1, and that thing vanished during the smyth sales, it did get replenished but that's expected for a set not retiring.

I bought 2 at Smyths 20% off sale but I don't have enough faith to hold for 1 let alone 2+ years. I rather sell up and invest elsewhere as I personally don't see this set doing much and think money can be better spent elsewhere. I still have one left which I will keep for personal build.

I've got rid of mines and bought 2 disney minifigures sealed cases. There already worth more if you split up and sell per complete set.

You are not alone. 

It is a very nice set when you see it in real life. I have only one and was already doubting to quickflip it. Even for some loose change.

I expect Sandcrawler to do slightly better. Eventhough it is also still available.

23 minutes ago, blocp13 said:

spoke to a manager in smyths tonight and he checked stock on a few items after he got interested in why i was buying 4 IR's and he said they had 1200+ left in there warehouse, bad times

I'll take IR over EV any day, IR has only been retired for few weeks and already up 40% compared to RRP, it's selling easily for £135 - 140 on ebay (RRP £100). That is pretty good for a set to increase that much in such a short time when lego investing is considered dead.

Maybe there will be a late surge for IR if Smyths dump 1200+ sets, but at least they will sell out as IR is a fast seller. In all of the Smyth sales, IR alongside ghostbuster firehouse and Slave 1 where the first ones to sell out. There is alot of demand for IR, cannot say the same for EV. 

Yes there will be people who want to buy EV, too complete their UCS collection or whatever, but I don't see it performing nowhere near as good as say Slave 1 or IR.

Everywhere is sold out of IR at retail, there are only a handful of Smyths store and random argos stores that have stock left. If they come back it will put a small blip on IR performance but no doubt it will bounce right back up.

It has constantly been one of the top performers on amazon charts aswell.

• Like 1