10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

21 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

ewwwwww! Just the thought of having that garbage s**t mixed in my collection gives me the willies.  I cannot even handle mega blocks in my collection. I abide by a strict policy of no s**t in my pure LEGO collection.  If you have that counterfeit stuff mixed in your collection then your collection is worthless.

Honestly, Lego quality has gone down hill: Color variations, cracked bricks, bent sticker sheets.  Yes, Lego customer service goes above and beyond in replacing these things.  Years ago I purchased the Shuttle Expedition and not long after building it I noticed all of the "bows" making up the hull section were cracking.  So I notified Lego and they sent me replacements.  But I decided to sell the set because I feared that those bricks too would eventually crack.  Point is that Lego despite the claims is not gold.  At the end of the day it's plastic, molded into a little brick with a logo stamped atop.  

9 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Honestly, Lego quality has gone down hill: Color variations, cracked bricks, bent sticker sheets.  Yes, Lego customer service goes above and beyond in replacing these things.  Years ago I purchased the Shuttle Expedition and not long after building it I noticed all of the "bows" making up the hull section were cracking.  So I notified Lego and they sent me replacements.  But I decided to sell the set because I feared that those bricks too would eventually crack.  Point is that Lego despite the claims is not gold.  At the end of the day it's plastic, molded into a little brick with a logo stamped atop.  

I don't think you'll find many people that disagree the quality of some bricks has been lacking, but I think it has a loooong way to go before it's to the level of the knock-off blocks. Even competitors who are doing it legally (Megablocks) have made strides but aren't there yet. LEGO has had 50 years to perfect, wreck, fix any of their processes. Everyone else has been playing catch up since some of the patents ran out but it's costly to try and make up that much ground in months instead of years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yes please.  As Porkins would say, stay on target.  Take the crap talk to the crap talk thread.

I would think that discussion of a Lepin knock-off of the Ewok Village is relevant and on target to the thread.  You guys can try to ignore Lepin, but they are a legitimate threat and it's questionable on Lego's part why they haven't cracked down on the counterfeiting.  

4 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I don't think you'll find many people that disagree the quality of some bricks has been lacking, but I think it has a loooong way to go before it's to the level of the knock-off blocks. Even competitors who are doing it legally (Megablocks) have made strides but aren't there yet. LEGO has had 50 years to perfect, wreck, fix any of their processes. Everyone else has been playing catch up since some of the patents ran out but it's costly to try and make up that much ground in months instead of years.

Make that almost 70 years - LEGO got their hands on an injection molding machine shortly after the 2nd world war, but it took them 10+ years to get the bricks to a level of quality they were happy with.

1 minute ago, Mathew said:

I would think that discussion of a  Lepin knock-off of the Ewok Village is relevant and on target to the thread.  You guys can try to ignore Lepin , but they are a legitimate threat and it's questionable on Lego's part why they haven't cracked down on the counterfeiting.  

The discussion went well beyond the knockoff Ewok Village and was spiraling into the deep dark abyss of fake knockoff off-brand bricks. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

I would think that discussion of a  Lepin knock-off of the Ewok Village is relevant and on target to the thread.  You guys can try to ignore Lepin , but they are a legitimate threat and it's questionable on Lego's part why they haven't cracked down on the counterfeiting.  

This is a LEGO forum.  There is a thread within this forum that discusses these greasy, foul smelling, tainted and bull sh*t bricks.  Please keep the toxic discussion there, along with the toxic bricks.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Val-E said:

You´d have to be out of your mind to pay 5000 euros for a bunch of plastic just because it resembles some sort of flying saucer  with a salt shaker for a cockpit but people do.

When another forum member said something similar to your statement several weeks ago he was being labeled as something like the antichrist to all enthusiastic LEGO collectors, for real. Not even a tiny uproar in sight this time... so it seems to depend largely on WHO says it... even if it is just the truth.

13 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

When another forum member said something similar to your statement several weeks ago he was being labeled as something like the antichrist to all enthusiastic LEGO collectors, for real. Not even a tiny uproar in sight this time... so it seems to depend largely on WHO says it... even if it is just the truth.

Image result for satan dragula gif

• Like 1

Sometimes it does depend on who says it and sometimes it depends on how it was said. If a jerk says it like a jerk, they should expect backlash.

We all know Val-E is down on LEGO investing at the moment so he's getting cut some slack I guess (or people are ignoring his statement).
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Let's not get into the "it's just plastic comments."  It is silly.  Diamonds are just rocks...Gold is just a metal...Stamps are just paper...Whatever...Collectibles are basically worthless items if you really think about it.  

And yes...it depends on who says it and how they say it.  Some people are trolls and look to stir the pot. 

• Like 5

On 2016-09-23 at 2:28 PM, Cozei said:

Porsche is exception. Watched dude (he was a dude) buy 2 Porsches and not care for VIP. Lady behind asked if she could use her VIP for transaction.

I was too busy filling cups with sand green and plant parts for myself to swoop. Wallflower... 

Plant parts?  I really need to go into the stores more. 

Plant parts?  I really need to go into the stores more. 

If you're looking to add some good ground cover to your Ewok Village, yes. ;-)

I generally ask any time at the Lego stores near me if they have some in back. Often they do.
PAB wall by me hasn't turned over recently, mini build was delayed.

I must admit the set didn't speak to me as a collector at first.  I prefer the ship's but this does actually work really well as a display piece. 

Let's have some predictions for how this is going to do?

I think that the lowest available price for it in UK was 160 so I expect the flippers to get in early after retirement and dump for between 200 and 250 depending on buy in. I expect the post retirement bump may climb to 300 for a short while before dropping back to 250 from March until just before Xmas 2017 after which we get more normal growth rates.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I must admit the set didn't speak to me as a collector at first.  I prefer the ship's but this does actually work really well as a display piece. 

I think that the lowest available price for it in UK was 160 so I expect the flippers to get in early after retirement and dump for between 200 and 250 depending on buy in. I expect the post retirement bump may climb to 300 for a short while before dropping back to 250 from March until just before Xmas 2017 after which we get more normal growth rates.

Agreed. Only ever had the ships but yes, it does look very nice on display. If it goes within this month, this Christmas could be a great time to sell.

7 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Always happy to oblige!

Sold out end of Nov and price bump to 300/320 in Jan then flat at around 270/290 till Ep 8. 350-375 euros by end 2017.

• Like 1