10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

The fact that it's not a ship or an iconic character will hold this back when compared to most recent SW retirements. Hence 300 tops is probably about right. Hence after fees and costs you're probably going to be lucky to clear 100 assuming you bought in at 20% off RRP.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

The fact that it's not a ship or an iconic character will hold this back when compared to most recent SW retirements. Hence 300 tops is probably about right. Hence after fees and costs you're probably going to be lucky to clear 100 assuming you bought in at 20% off RRP.

Those are my thoughts too ;-)

19 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

The thing is as both you and me know UCS collectors want to fill their collections. I bought The UCS Jedi Starfighter even though it got no love and I'm still hunting for the UCS B Wing which was again unloved while it was out.

The EV is great as a centre piece for a scene build with an IST and At-St

20160419_230735.jpg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Which is compensated by the large amount of minifigs. It's a UCS set in all but name.

18 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

The thing is as both you and me know UCS collectors want to fill their collections. I bought The UCS Jedi Starfighter even though it got no love and I'm still hunting for the UCS B Wing which was again unloved while it was out.

Sorry for the OT but i love that hyperdrive ring set (sadly dont own one) and I really like the Naboo fighter too (don't think ti will do well in the after market mind).

EV is definitely top 3 for me but really is a set that has to be seen in person before being able to fully appreciate.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:18 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

Doesn´t pass the CEO desk test, though. Slave 1 is a great UCS as you can display it vertically and it has a small footprint. Something to consider for all those single SW fans still living with their parents or in a studio appartment too.

Doesn´t pass the CEO desk test, though. Slave 1 is a great UCS as you can display it vertically and it has a small footprint. Something to consider for all those single SW fans still living with their parents or in a studio appartment too.

Well it passes the horder test. Looks to be out of stock at walmart.com after being priced at 216 for the past 2 weeks.
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:18 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

It's a great set, but who are these UCS collectors that haven't already bought it?

36 minutes ago, tjj1984 said:

It's a great set, but who are these UCS collectors that haven't already bought it?

The ones who start next year or have come into more money or thought they had another year. For example I only started this year and have picked up. 

10188 Death Star

10212 Imperial Shuttle

10215 Obi Wans Jedi Interceptor

10221 SSD

10225 R2 D2

10236 EV

10240 Red 5

75059 Sandcrawler

75060 Slave 1

75095 Tie Fighter

There's always people coming back to the fold who pick up the new UCS's then head for the back catalog.

• Like 2

The ones who start next year or have come into more money or thought they had another year. For example I only started this year and have picked up. 
10188 Death Star
10212 Imperial Shuttle
10215 Obi Wans Jedi Interceptor
10221 SSD
10225 R2 D2
10236 EV
10240 Red 5
75059 Sandcrawler
75060 Slave 1
75095 Tie Fighter
There's always people coming back to the fold who pick up the new UCS's then head for the back catalog.

What, no AOH? Thought you were a completist! :-)
  • Like 1

Not a lot of faith in this set. The ships and vehicles are what make Star Wars Star Wars. I don't see this one out perform the red5, which hasn't taken off yet 1 year after EOL.

I think you're in the minority with that mind set. I think that's exactly why it appeals to people. "Oh another tie fighter and X wing..." It's a close UCS without the sticker (which the badge means nothing anymore) it displays nicely and I honesty think it will do well post retirement for that reason...it's different and from an iconic scene/battle. Anyone 21+ who grew up with OT would want this set.

It may not be for everyone but don't be mistaken and say it's a led balloon. I personally havnt built mine yet but looking forward to it and displaying it. Has more to "look at" than most all grey ships.

• Like 2

Not a lot of faith in this set. The ships and vehicles are what make Star Wars Star Wars. I don't see this one out perform the red5, which hasn't taken off yet 1 year after EOL.

Just my measly 2 cents and anyone can feel free to correct me and make it worth 1 cent. Red 5 goes for about 280 on bricklink maybe more on ebay? Been retired for about a year after selling at RRP for 199 here in the states. That's not bad appreciation IMO for a year. I think most of us here are just not holders. We can purchase the item, but we just don't know how to hold the item. Reminds me of the Seinfeld reservation episode. Anyhow, I purchased most of my ewoks at 216 and I'm prepared to hold for at least 2 to 3 years barring any remake.

Just my measly 2 cents and anyone can feel free to correct me and make it worth 1 cent. Red 5 goes for about 280 on bricklink maybe more on ebay? Been retired for about a year after selling at RRP for 199 here in the states. That's not bad appreciation IMO for a year. I think most of us here are just not holders. We can purchase the item, but we just don't know how to hold the item. Reminds me of the Seinfeld reservation episode. Anyhow, I purchased most of my ewoks at 216 and I'm prepared to hold for at least 2 to 3 years barring any remake.

$280 is basically zero appreciation. That is shipping and fees + RRP + $20 tops. Most people don't consider that any appreciation at all, since it is not really profitable to sell at that cost considering the risk with returns.

$280 is basically zero appreciation. That is shipping and fees + RRP + $20 tops. Most people don't consider that any appreciation at all, since it is not really profitable to sell at that cost considering the risk with returns.

For a short term investment absolutely yes if not selling locally. But who's talking short term? Again I'm absolutely new to the game. So spoiled by immediate growth spurts out the gate I am not.

46 minutes ago, legoboy16 said:

Recent remakes have taught us to beware of long holds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I'd also like to add that it's been around $280 for all of 2016. It went up initially after retirement and has since plateaued.