10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

43 minutes ago, stanleycoolbrick said:

Any signs of this retiring soon?

Not really, but honestly it's probably going to be either this one, SC or both that retire this year.

EV is the oldest available UCS and it is also a playset that has been sort of replaced by Assault on Hoth.

If you can find a good deal, I wouldn't wait too long to stock up if you haven't gotten any so far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Not really, but honestly it's probably going to be either this one, SC or both that retire this year.

EV is the oldest available UCS and it is also a playset that has been sort of replaced by Assault on Hoth.

If you can find a good deal, I wouldn't wait too long to stock up if you haven't gotten any so far.

This is one of my primary sets to invest in. I stock up extra any time a discount occurs.

10 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I have one, looking to have another to build and expand. Do you thing this is going to be refreshed,rehashed, reworked, recycled and reimagined and ultimately re-released like the " new" DS? I'm not a reseller but I am a AFOL and collector (hoarder) and I am starting a Brickfolio and would like to add to it's growth.

1 hour ago, stanleycoolbrick said:

I have one, looking to have another to build and expand. Do you thing this is going to be refreshed,rehashed, reworked, recycled and reimagined and ultimately re-released like the " new" DS? I'm not a reseller but I am a AFOL and collector (hoarder) and I am starting a Brickfolio and would like to add to it's growth.

Once EV is gone I don't think we'll see anything like this for a long time.  I am probably one of the biggest fan boys of this set - amazing piece IMO and something for everyone; one that has something for all the family and all ages.  The play-ability is off the charts and it works well as a display piece.

The closest thing there is to this really is battle of endor (and you cant really compare the 2 other then they're from the same film) - if anything gets refreshed it will be something more like that but given the size of the sets TLG is doing from the OT atm (and the larger sets being part of the new films/rebels) I'd say it would be a $50 set if anything.
Not gonna touch this one. 

I cant help think that this one does stick around into 2017 though (and SC gets the retirement boot this year though).  TLG does seem to be preferring more play set style sets.  But its now become the second longest UCS style SW set available.  Given Lego popularity now-a-days the old life-spans might mean less and less though.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

Just a small nitpick, but unlike Assault on Hoth the Ewok Village set is no UCS. :geek:

True, but at this point it doesn't really matter anymore I think... If TLG would release something like EV again it would get the UCS badge for sure.

3 hours ago, stanleycoolbrick said:

Oh. Well, I would get it while you can at or below RRP.

25 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

True, but at this point it doesn't really matter anymore I think... If TLG would release something like EV again it would get the UCS badge for sure.

It would definitely be more deserving of the UCS badge for sure. I just hope that also translates to a nice price increase after its retirement.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DarthBall said:

I received my UCS Tie Fighter and Ewok Village from TRU in different deliveries. They were okay, but I couldn't sell them as MISB. Sealed yes, but slightly dented. I'm also considering asking for a new one. I wonder if I could exchange them in a store.

Yeah I've had about 1/2 squashed boxes before too. If you want a mint box, don't order at TRU.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Yeah I've had about 1/2 squashed boxes before too. If you want a mint box, don't order at TRU.

Don't order from walmart either. I ordered an EV and a TB. Both arrived re-taped shut from by fedex after the seals broke, holes in them, with shipping labels on the outside. The next day the postal man left 4 random Lego's in my mailbox with a post-it stating "i think these are from your delivery yesterday"...

I sent them back IN A BOX. Requesting a replacement. The replacements were in unimaginably worse shape. I imagine Ace ventura had delivered the the boxes from the walmart warehouse. 

I am sick of returning these sets. I wish i knew who to contact at walmart because under no circumstance is it acceptable. I am not a box guy, but when my sets are leaking Lego's and not shipped in a box its not okay.

I may keep ordering them, returning them and filling out the customer dissatisfaction survey until they ban me. Or actually adhere to some quality standards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

Don't order from walmart either. I ordered an EV and a TB. Both arrived re-taped shut from by fedex after the seals broke, holes in them, with shipping labels on the outside. The next day the postal man left 4 random Lego's in my mailbox with a post-it stating "i think these are from your delivery yesterday"...

I sent them back IN A BOX. Requesting a replacement. The replacements were in unimaginably worse shape. I imagine Ace ventura had delivered the the boxes from the walmart warehouse. 

I am sick of returning these sets. I wish i knew who to contact at walmart because under no circumstance is it acceptable. I am not a box guy, but when my sets are leaking Lego's and not shipped in a box its not okay.

I may keep ordering them, returning them and filling out the customer dissatisfaction survey until they ban me. Or actually adhere to some quality standards.

Never had an issue with store pick-up.

41 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I could see this one being sent to the retirement grave by Octobers 2xVIP event. 

We are down to one week before the force friday storm sends many of the 2013-2015 sets screaming into retirement.   Just wait...  this is the calm before the storm.

That seems likely, since this one has been around for over 2 years now, right? It's a nice set. I like having it displayed on my shelf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodeogeorge said:

Why not but a key chain and something for free shipping on the 30th to get Revan and then EV on the 1st for double VIP?

Most shoppers are probably buying for personal use and not for resale. At which time, logic to get the best price will not be the same. ;)

I'm always amazed at how many shoppers in the physical LEGO store don't yet have VIP cards... I find it hard to believe they've never bought LEGO before when they're coming to the registers with $200 worth of LEGO.

6 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I'm always amazed at how many shoppers in the physical LEGO store don't yet have VIP cards... I find it hard to believe they've never bought LEGO before when they're coming to the registers with $200 worth of LEGO.

Porsche is exception. Watched dude (he was a dude) buy 2 Porsches and not care for VIP. Lady behind asked if she could use her VIP for transaction.

I was too busy filling cups with sand green and plant parts for myself to swoop. Wallflower... 

• Like 1