Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

New article by Quacs submitted on LEGO Myths and Truisms....The bar is raised yet again.

Here are what we have so far article wise:

Veegs: Creator House Evaluation Corner(EC) article

Quacs: Legends of Chima EC article

Strytlr: Parting Out Blog article

Mikeur86: Avengers EC article

Fcbarcelona101: LOTR EC article

Brianl3: Pick a Brick Blog article

adewar: Winter Village EC article

Fcbarcelona101: Architecture EC article

TheOrcKing: Planet Set EC article

Quacs: LEGO Truths and Myths Blog article

Guest eightbrick

There are some really good reviews out there!

Your reviews are excellent. But I can't figure out how you put out so many quality articles so fast *envious look* LOL

Your reviews are excellent. But I can't figure out how you put out so many quality articles so fast *envious look* LOL

I think we can all be proud of the content we are adding to the site, let's keep it up and by the time July is here we will have A LOT of high quality information out there to everyone's benefit!

Here are what we have so far article wise:

Comicblast: Spongebob EC article

Comicblast just submitted a very nice EC article on the Spongebob theme. Also, Veeg's Creator House article, the first of the articles to be submitted for the contest, will be live soon...

Guest eightbrick

Comicblast just submitted a very nice EC article on the Spongebob theme. Also, Veeg's Creator House article, the first of the articles to be submitted for the contest, will be live soon...Oooh I can't wait! I was considering buying a Creator house a while ago....

EDIT: I just read the article, it is fantastic! I encourage everyone to go check it out. Good job Veegs!

Here's an updated list of articles that were submitted:

Comicblast: Spongebob EC article

Quacs: Beginner's Guide to Investing...LEGO Style

Also, Brianl3 is working on a "Top Sets for 2013" article. We will be releasing Quacs article on the Legends of Chima tomorrow. We are working on Stryllr's article now. We will try to release a new article in short intervals, in the order in which they were submitted. It is time consuming to convert from the Word to HTML format, so bear with us. Brickpoints will be awarded when the articles are live. Thanks.

Guest eightbrick

Does anyone even read other people's reviews, or are we all to busy writing? ;)

I try to skim all the reviews, but don't necessarily read all of them. I can't believe the amount of work that has been put into some reviews.

Question for Ed; is the contest producing the amount and quality you expected? It sure has past my expectations from the first time I heard about it. Nothing motivates like a couple big Lego sets.

I try to read all the ones that I have interest in that set or theme, or think it's a set I'd like to know more about. There are also a couple of authors for whom I read all their reviews I can as I think they do very good ones :)

I try to read all the ones that I have interest in that set or theme, or think it's a set I'd like to know more about.

That's what I do too. I might be planning on buying a set so I look up reviews for it or I want to see how much fellow investors value a certain set. You would have to spend hours and hours to read through all of the 744+ reviews.

I usually just read the reviews that I might find interesting. For example, I enjoy some of the Friends reviews because I don't know as much about that theme. Same goes for some of the LOTR sets and TMNT.

Guest eightbrick

Anyone else find themselves slowing down? I'm starting to lose momentum and consistently get writer's block when I try to start a new review. That said, I find it helps to write reviews for sets of different themes to keep it fresh. Do you guys have any methods to keep interested?

Anyone else find themselves slowing down? I'm starting to lose momentum and consistently get writer's block when I try to start a new review. That said, I find it helps to write reviews for sets of different themes to keep it fresh. Do you guys have any methods to keep interested?

Same here, but I was actually expecting this from the start. It's not only you, if you take a look pretty much everyone has slowed down some. Part is what you said, when writing reviews about the same themes you start to feel a little burned out, so it would be wise to maybe try and do one of a theme, then a different one and so on.

I think the important part is not to feel pressure to write a lot of reviews per week. Just write them when you feel like it and that way you will keep producing the quality reviews you have been doing so far. You can also set a target every week depending on how busy you are or how motivated you feel. Say, this week you set out to write at least 5 reviews, and then work towards that.

It is very hard to keep motivated if you don't have a goal that is more short term than the ending date of the contest.

I think a good way to not get writer's block during a review is to build/re-build the set. I find that it keeps me interested and refreshes my memory. I have noticed a slowdown in the reviews from a few members, though. It also really, really helps to read other reviews and see what they are about, and maybe write about similar things.