Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

I designed it with you in mind Blackjack...LOL

Is that a jab about my longwindedness in describing minifigures! ;)

No. You did a good job with your reviews, but they were geared towards a site like Brickset...which is fine...for Brickset. Their reviews are excellent, but I don't want to be Brickset. I want the reviews to be not only on the set itself, but how set qualities affect its worth and future performance as an investment. We are about LEGO sets, but money as well and I want people to relate the two in their reviews. How does one set quality or characteristic affect another.

I just want to say again what a great job all of you are doing. Seriously, we are EXTREMELY happy with the quality of these and this is just Day 1 :) srm_520 just did a wonderful job reviewing the Super Star Destroyer http://www.brickpicker.com/reviews/review.cfm?id=350

I also want to ask and see the interest any of you might have in submitting video reviews. Basically you would give your scores, but also be allowed to submit video (wmv, quicktime, mp4) to us to upload to a youtube channel and as long as you touch on all the points that are required. We would like some good quality stuff that people would want to watch, not shaky cam, too dark to see, cant hear.. Something like what the brickshow does where they show you the set and then hit all the points we require.. Its just an idea that we were talking about since I know there are also creative people out there that prefer that method over writing.

I just want to say again what a great job all of you are doing. Seriously, we are EXTREMELY happy with the quality of these and this is just Day 1 :)

srm_520 just did a wonderful job reviewing the Super Star Destroyer

http://www.brickpicker.com/reviews/review.cfm?id=350

lol I am just working on my review for that same set. Should be done in a couple minutes.

Thanks again guys, this update has really motivated me and makes it really fun to produce as many quality reviews as possible!

#nolife ;)

lol just finished my internship and I practically done with college for now, just 2 more finals!, so I find myself with some extra time on my hands.

Said I would be done in a few minutes that ended up being more than a few too lol.

EDIT: On that particular review, the 10221, for some reason my chart on the Growth Potential section looks different than when I was formatting it on the actual review. Some of the data appears to have shifted places and the 1st four sets appear on a single line, not like the others.

lol just finished my internship and I practically done with college for now, just 2 more finals!, so I find myself with some extra time on my hands.

Said I would be done in a few minutes that ended up being more than a few too lol.

EDIT: On that particular review, the 10221, for some reason my chart on the Growth Potential section looks different than when I was formatting it on the actual review. Some of the data appears to have shifted places and the 1st four sets appear on a single line, not like the others.

We are working on that. Nice review.

We are working on that. Nice review.

No rush, just making sure! Thanks!

Dude I was just working on a revised review for barrel escape but need to go to bed. I have 3,983 characters just describing the five figs, so I don't want to rush the rest of the review and finish tonight. I'm really trying to make this one great!

Dude I was just working on a revised review for barrel escape but need to go to bed. I have 3,983 characters just describing the five figs, so I don't want to rush the rest of the review and finish tonight. I'm really trying to make this one great!

That's probably a wise choice. Your mind will be fresh tomorrow and the review will benefit from that!

Ok guys, I was just talking with my mom tonight about this review thing and showing her some examples, and she said I might be able to combine this with my writing curriculum to a certain extent! So watch out for clausal openers, parallelisms, correlative conjunctions, anadiplosis, dual adjectives, and polysyndetons! :D

In the spirit of "here goes nothin'..." I just posted my first review for consideration. I chose to begin with an older set. With me being older, it seemed appropriate. ;) Also I hope to add something to the mix by bringing a little bit of historical perspective to things. Or maybe I'm completely off-track. (If I am, would somebody please let me know? Thanks!)

lol I am just working on my review for that same set. Should be done in a couple minutes.

Thanks again guys, this update has really motivated me and makes it really fun to produce as many quality reviews as possible!

Nice. Way to one up me only minutes after my review! ;) Nice job 101, you broke the set down very well!

This competition is going to be tougher than I thought!

Nice. Way to one up me only minutes after my review! ;) Nice job 101, you broke the set down very well!

This competition is going to be tougher than I thought!

Great minds think alike lol.

I agree, we are only on day 2 and there are many high quality reviews out there already. The tougher this is, the more we all benefit since we will eventually be able to go straight to the review section for the set we want and see what other investors/collectors think of the set in a well thought out manner. This can make decision making easier and get deeper into the details than what we can usually get if we only post a question on the forum.

Thanks for the compliment, your review was excellent as well, keep them coming !!

It is getting pretty tiring. Insomnia and coffee only goes so far! Ha ha.

Remember, thats why I wanted to have that save feature in there. You don't have to do it all in one sitting. You will also see the benefit to such high quality reviews in other areas of the site soon. So your hard work will be available for visitors of Brickpicker to read in more places..

I also want to ask and see the interest any of you might have in submitting video reviews. Basically you would give your scores, but also be allowed to submit video (wmv, quicktime, mp4) to us to upload to a youtube channel and as long as you touch on all the points that are required. We would like some good quality stuff that people would want to watch, not shaky cam, too dark to see, cant hear.. Something like what the brickshow does where they show you the set and then hit all the points we require.. Its just an idea that we were talking about since I know there are also creative people out there that prefer that method over writing.

Maybe people skipped by this post or maybe no one cares about it, but just wanted some overall thoughts on it.