Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Maybe people skipped by this post or maybe no one cares about it, but just wanted some overall thoughts on it.

I would love a feature like this, unfortunately I am just not the kind of person to be on screen lol. Not being a native english speaker complicates things more than I would want. But I am sure other members are perfect candidates for this and would definitely be willing to submit video reviews. It may take a while, but eventually...

Remember, thats why I wanted to have that save feature in there. You don't have to do it all in one sitting. You will also see the benefit to such high quality reviews in other areas of the site soon. So your hard work will be available for visitors of Brickpicker to read in more places..

I write up everything in a word file using Microsoft Office, so I basically do a little here & there throughout the day and remember to save often. This also helps with my lack of perfect grammer and spelling. Ha. The option to save your review is the best.

I think the addition of a video review will be a great thing for those that do that sort of thing. I don't have a digital camera for that and not much for being in front of a screen myself but I'm sure guys like The Brick Show dudes will enjoy the feature.

Here is a screenshot about creating a table and a tip or two when doing so to make it easier for you to enter info. I would definitely put in the correct number or rows and columns and set the width to at least 600 when starting your table. With the editor you can bold, highlight color text that you want to bring attention to as well.

Something I just noticed: you can buy gift cards only for the UK, German and Dannish S@H in Europe.

Regardless of what happens and who wins what, the people will get their prize in a fashion that makes everyone happy. Its tough when the rules don't apply equally to everyone, Ed and I understand that, but it will be fair and equal.

Regardless of what happens and who wins what, the people will get their prize in a fashion that makes everyone happy. Its tough when the rules don't apply equally to everyone, Ed and I understand that, but it will be fair and equal.

Sweet :)

Max <3 BrickPicker

There is now a new editor in place in which charts can be included. Feel free to resubmit older reviews with the new editor and charts.

http://www.screencast.com/t/stlCVskN4

This is pretty radical guys but does take some getting used to.

I am wondering though, when I add a hyperlink to some of the text why does that text become all caps?

It looks like this in the preview 4630

So cool seeing my two reviews up. Hate to be a nudge again, Jeff, but the hypertext link at the bottom of my review of Blue Roadster for 6743 Street Speeder is linking to 6734 Beach Cruisers. Besides that, everything is perfect and I thank you for fixing the rest of the links for me.

I'm running into a small issue when writing my reviews and would like to see if anyone else here as any input or advice. How are you guys dealing with the Theme Popularity section when you are reviewing several sets of the same theme? I have been doing a couple SW, HP and LOTR reviews and up to know I have been able to write similar things on a different way once I get to that particular section, but I feel that once I do 3 or 4 sets of the same theme I will run into a big problem since I will keep repeating some of the same stuff from other past reviews I have done. The thing also is that I consider each review individually, since people are obviously not going to read my reviews back to back, rather they will probably go to one specific review and then read that one. In this case I don't think similar theme popularity sections will be a problem, but still wanted to see what you guys think since I do feel like I am repeating myself on that section sometimes.

Agreed, not just theme popularity, but usually packaging and exclusivity as well. I hate to sound redundant, but remember that people usually aren't just reading all of your reviews looking for similarities. :)

Right, I think the same, but still it feels a little weird just writing similar things over and over lol.

I'n running into a small issue when writing my reviews and would like to see if anyone else here as any input or advice.

How are you guys dealing with the Theme Popularity section when you are reviewing several sets of the same theme? I have been doing a couple SW, HP and LOTR reviews and up to know I have been able to write similar things on a different way once I ge to that particular section, but I feel that once I do 3 or 4 sets of the same theme I will run into a big problem since I will keep repeating some of the same stuff from other past reviews I have done.

The thing also is that I consider each review individually, since people are obviously not going to read my reviews back to back, rather they will probably go to one specific review and then read that one. In this case I don't think similar theme popularity sections will be a problem, but still wanted to see what you guys think since I do feel like I am repeting myself on that section sometimes.

Just tell it the way it is. Some categories will be repetitive or monotonous for some sets, then very interesting for others. Remember this, even a theme like STAR WARS is not equal when comparing sets. A UCS themed STAR WARS set has completely different values than a regular STAR WARS set. Heck, STAR WARS sets as a whole could be considered a detriment to some people.

On a personal note, your reviews are excellent!

Ok guys, I was just talking with my mom tonight about this review thing and showing her some examples, and she said I might be able to combine this with my writing curriculum to a certain extent! So watch out for clausal openers, parallelisms, correlative conjunctions, anadiplosis, dual adjectives, and polysyndetons! :D

The crap? How about let's just go verbs, nouns, and adjectives. :) Much more...on par with my ability. ;)

Guest eightbrick

@ Fcbarcelona101 What I suggest you do in regards to repetitive information in the theme section is look at how the set fits into the theme (is it the flagship? is it the most iconic set of the theme?), which you already have done sort of in your reviews. I don't think its a problem - I personally love all of your reviews and when reading them, it didn't bother me. As for the review contest helping with people's writing abilities, I see this as my practice on writing expository and narrative essays LOL.

@ Fcbarcelona101

What I suggest you do in regards to repetitive information in the theme section is look at how the set fits into the theme (is it the flagship? is it the most iconic set of the theme?), which you already have done sort of in your reviews. I don't think its a problem - I personally love all of your reviews and when reading them, it didn't bother me.

As for the review contest helping with people's writing abilities, I see this as my practice on writing expository and narrative essays LOL.

I appreciate the input, I'll try to start doing something like that on my next reviews.

Thanks for the compliments! yours are pretty good as well. Especially liked the Orc Forge's review. Here's hoping that value does increase by the time Orthanc is released!