Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Not to be a whiny baby, but it seems that people with large sets such as TB, DS, or B-Wing, have an advantage writing Evaluation Corner reviews over people writing reviews for $50 sets.

Nonsense. I can write a review on any set with equal passion and information. Some of the smaller sets have huge potential for investment. Huge. Friends. Ninjago. Holiday polybags. Huge. Think outside the box. As I said, you don't have to own a set to review it.

I am currently writing a review with the new format, and I'm wondering where the character count shows up. I'm just assuming it's a composite count of all of the discriptions under the different headings. Help?

Once you save the review (button on the bottom) it will aggregate all the text areas for you so you know how many you have. Remember though, its not all about quantity, quality is the most important part.

I am currently writing a review with the new format, and I'm wondering where the character count shows up. I'm just assuming it's a composite count of all of the discriptions under the different headings. Help?

Bottom of page. Yes, it's a total of all categories.

Are you able to see where you fall with review numbers. Like the brick point competition shows a list of top 20 or so?

Like BlackJacks says, there is a section there about who has the most reviews. But those may be with the old format. For the contest, we will only be including the newly formatted reviews (the old ones can be updated and resubmitted). I will make some adjustments to that page.

Are you able to see where you fall with review numbers. Like the brick point competition shows a list of top 20 or so?

We will come up with something shortly. Whether it will be a permanent thing or a weekly query sort of thing. Jeff is working on getting new data up.

Just resubmitted my Imperial Shuttle 10212 review. I can say that the new format makes things a lot easier and allowed me to get a little more info into the review than before. The only thing that I could not figure out is how to insert some Brickpicker price guide graphs, so I presented the data to the best of my abilities. Thank you for the new format! Will be submitting more reviews for sure!. Got the chance to read some of the new ones and do agree that the quality has gone a lot higher than before, we will all benefit from this.

Just resubmitted my Imperial Shuttle 10212 review. I can say that the new format makes things a lot easier and allowed me to get a little more info into the review than before. The only thing that I could not figure out is how to insert some Brickpicker price guide graphs, so I presented the data to the best of my abilities.

Thank you for the new format! Will be submitting more reviews for sure!. Got the chance to read some of the new ones and do agree that the quality has gone a lot higher than before, we will all benefit from this.

There is no way to add charts yet. Maybe a future addition. If it's a more in depth review with charts and data and is a possible Evaluation Corner article, you can submit it to Jeff or I directly.

There is no way to add charts yet. Maybe a future addition. If it's a more in depth review with charts and data and is a possible Evaluation Corner article, you can submit it to Jeff or I directly.

Well, it would depend if you think it's a possible evaluation corner candidate or not. You are the one who sets the standars :P. I can probably send it to you directly but since I already submitted it to the review section I'm not sure if that's necessary. I didn't need that many charts or anything, it was mostly to make the point visually as well as with words.

Not even sure if it's long enough. Felt longer writing it than it actually looks posted lol.

Well, it would depend if you think it's a possible evaluation corner candidate or not. You are the one who sets the standars :P. I can probably send it to you directly but since I already submitted it to the review section I'm not sure if that's necessary. I didn't need that many charts or anything, it was mostly to make the point visually as well as with words.

Your review was excellent...

http://www.brickpicker.com/reviews/set.cfm?set=10212-1

Evaluation corner articles would have to be more than two pages minimum using size 12 font(Arial/Times Roman). Probably a minimum of 10,000 characters to be considered. It's not that hard to BS about LEGO sets...I do it all the time. LOL. Great job though on your review.

Your review was excellent...

http://www.brickpicker.com/reviews/set.cfm?set=10212-1

Evaluation corner articles would have to be more than two pages minimum using size 12 font(Arial/Times Roman). Probably a minimum of 10,000 characters to be considered. It's not that hard to BS about LEGO sets...I do it all the time. LOL. Great job though on your review.

Good to know, this one was around 7000 and I kind of focused more on the growth potential and after reading the other reviews wished I had talked more about the set itself and so on. Will do that for sure in the future! Thanks!

This contest is really motivating people and I'm starting to see some journalistic quality reviews written that include thesis statements and well-fleshed out explanations. The prizes given by the administrators will be money well spent in exchange for the quality of literature that is rapidly appearing.