Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Guest eightbrick

Quick Question for Ed... I messed up grammatically on my last review (10229) and its been bothering me (I know, I have problems). Also one of the paragraphs has smaller text than the others. Is there any way to edit it? (In the last paragraph I said "...the set is has a snowstorm..." when I meant "... the set has a snowstorm...") LOL I should stop talking so poetically in my reviews... it makes me seem weird. As for more prizes if you add 10179 Millennium Falcon as a prize, I will personally pledge to write 200 reviews, an evaluation corner, and bake you cookies.

Quick Question for Ed... I messed up grammatically on my last review (10229) and its been bothering me (I know, I have problems). Also one of the paragraphs has smaller text than the others. Is there any way to edit it?

(In the last paragraph I said "...the set is has a snowstorm..." when I meant "... the set has a snowstorm...") LOL I should stop talking so poetically in my reviews... it makes me seem weird.

As for more prizes if you add 10179 Millennium Falcon as a prize, I will personally pledge to write 200 reviews, an evaluation corner, and bake you cookies.

I'll have Jeff resubmit it to you for editing.

I was thinking more in the line of...

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7965-1

Really? And if so, what would you need to do for it?

We have a long way to go here. Jeff and I are always open to adding more prizes if the effort is there. I don't want people not to try to do reviews if on or two people to take an early lead. As I said before, character count and quality count as well. The new editor has really help produce some wonderful new review features.

10 BRICKPOINTS PER 1000 CHARACTERS, plus a bonus point here or there.

Ahh. I thought I noticied a pattern in there. Thanks for verifying that.

Also, could I get this fixed pretty please?

at the bottom of my review of Blue Roadster, the link for 6743 Street Speeder is linking to 6734 Beach Cruisers

Quick Question for Ed... I messed up grammatically on my last review (10229) and its been bothering me (I know, I have problems). Also one of the paragraphs has smaller text than the others. Is there any way to edit it?

(In the last paragraph I said "...the set is has a snowstorm..." when I meant "... the set has a snowstorm...") LOL I should stop talking so poetically in my reviews... it makes me seem weird.

As for more prizes if you add 10179 Millennium Falcon as a prize, I will personally pledge to write 200 reviews, an evaluation corner, and bake you cookies.

I fixed this for you

I have added the ability for a few more features in the editor when doing the reviews. If you right-click in the editor, you will see a few more options. One will help with adding/deleting table rows. There is even a feature in there to include images. This will be for those that want to create their own charts. You DO NOT have the ability to upload any images, these will need to be hosted somewhere else and use the link to the images. If you decide to include an image, please be smart about sizing to keep the page load decent and destroy the look/width of the page. If they are good images/charts/etc and we decide to use this for an Evaluation article, I will grab the images and host them locally.

Its a little thing, but will give you more control and allow you to clean up some of the loose ends.

One question for either Jeff or Ed. When I'm doing the tables I usually "extend" them so that the percentage and dollar symbols are next to the numbers instead under them by themselves, the problem is that as you said in a previous post it seems that this distorts a little the dimensions of the page as it seems to make it wider. Is that a problem? Also, when I right click on the editor none of the options you are showing on the screenshot appear so I'm not sure if its my browser or that the feature is not available yet.

I've got an idea for an extra Brickpoint incentive with regards to reviews. It seems like a ton of people (myself included) have written reviews for AT-RT, Tower Bridge, Lone Ranger, etc... You could give 5-10 BP for reviews on sets that have not previously been reviewed. This would obviously enlarge the review database because people would have to look harder for more obscure sets to get their BP up. I also advise that if the incentive were administered, it would include sets that were being resubmitted for review, and were the only one's done of that set. ;)

This competition is a love-hate for me, because other members who submit a lot of reviews just come to be seen as threats... :P

Blackjack, I understand and agree the contest can raise some conflicts. Just remember it's not necessarily the quantity of reviews, but the quality that will pay off. My guess is that consistent participation with good quality reviews will put you in the best possible position with the contest judges.

Keep in mind this contest is a marathon, not a sprint. We have three months to go!

Keep in mind this contest is a marathon, not a sprint. We have three months to go!

Very well said, Quacs. He's right. Kicking out 20+ in the first 2 weeks won't make you win. It's quality too. ;) This was a great reminder to me...I had been starting to think that I wouldn't have any hope because have only submitted 3 for the contest.