Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Technically speaking, once the article is published those sets will not be sleepers anymore.   :hairy:

I am still looking forward to reading it though.  :crazypilot:

Oh, the article is published already. I just wanted to let Ed know that he forgot to update that on the list above!

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-159-lego-sleeper-sets-potential-investment-returns-that-fly-under-the-radar/

What is the method for Brickpoints with personal blogs?

Whatever I think is appropriate, so you better be nice to me.   :laugh:  On a serious note, I am trying to promote the blogs, so I might be more generous here for now.  Full sized Evaluation Corner and Brickvesting Blogs get 500 Brickpoints and it works down from there.  

A paragraph maybe will get you 25 points.  A couple of paragraphs to a page can get you 50, 100, 150 or more.  I like pictures and charts and anything that makes for an interesting article.  

Remember, besides the above "bonus" points from me, you get 250 Brickpoints for just starting a Personal blog and 10 points automatically from the forum computer for each blog post after that .  You also get 3 points for each comment from other members I believe.  

Let me clarify some things and explain what is happening as of right now...

• The Review Contest ends on the July 3rd and the winners will be announced July 4th.
  • The Blog contest will continue until August 1st.  This is not set in stone, but I think it is a good date to end it.  Winners will be announced a couple of days after it is over. 
  • There will be a major explanation of the entire Brickpoints system in the near future.  I cannot give you concrete examples of some scoring and points awarded because the Brick Classifieds is being worked on as we speak and I don't want to put the cart before the horse.  Because of the new forum, blog and Brickpoints setup and their interaction, everything must be working before I tell you how you can earn Brickpoints and use them.  
  • The current awarding of Brickpoints by me to members for Personal and the Evaluation Corner and Brickvesting Blogs is a temporary "contest" bonus from me until the Blog contest ends.  The Blog approval system will streamlined to work like the Reviews.  Character counts will be looked at and I will be able to easily award and notify members of approved Blogs.  I am throwing in some bonus Brickpoints right now to stimulate interest in the new setup, but when all is said and done, the Blog approval and reward system will be very fair and equitable but will operate slightly different than what is currently utilized.
  • As it currently stands (for the time being), a person gets 250 Brickpoints for starting a Personal Blog and 10 Brickpoints for every new post to that Personal Blog by the member who started it.  I have been throwing in bonus Brickpoints to stir up interest in addition to those features.  As I said earlier, these bonus points will be replaced when the contest is over with a better and simpler system.  Also, if other members comment on the blog, you get 3 Brickpoints per comment I believe.  Reputation points are only awarded when another member gives you an up arrow.  
  • Brickpoints awarded for reviews are being tallied in a separate area because of the forum conversion.  Jeff recorded everything when the forum transition took place around June 1st and at some point, they will be added to your total Brickpoints account.

I hope this clears some things up.  Any questions...ask away.  Ed

Reputation points will play a larger role on the site when we launch the Brick Classifieds.  Reputation points will work just like any other feedback system and speak volumes about a person.  Low reputation...low chance of selling items.  High reputation...high chance of selling items.  Simple really.  

Reputation points will play a larger role on the site when we launch the Brick Classifieds.  Reputation points will work just like any other feedback system and speak volumes about a person.  Low reputation...low chance of selling items.  High reputation...high chance of selling items.  Simple really.

I like it. I would suggest tying reputation points to actual customer satisfaction, too. Just because someone is polite and uses proper grammar doesn't mean he or she will ship on time or pack correctly. Maybe buyers could rate a transaction by leaving rep points. Just my .02

I like it. I would suggest tying reputation points to actual customer satisfaction, too. Just because someone is polite and uses proper grammar doesn't mean he or she will ship on time or pack correctly. Maybe buyers could rate a transaction by leaving rep points. Just my .02

That is exactly the way it will work.  The reputation points will become more important as the Brick Classifieds matures.  At the start, there will be jerks trying to abuse the process I'm sure, but as time goes on and people build a large and positive sales record, the jerks will be weeded out.

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

About this Brick Classifieds thing.... I'm wondering about the legality of me and other younger members selling stuff on it. Is there one overarching rule or would our participation in the Classifieds vary depending on our region? Thanks (if you don't know at this point that's fine, no worries). Personally, I would rather sell on this site where I know the Lego is going to actual fans and investors rather than eBay or Bricklink (that place is a mess right now).