Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

6 hours ago, Armor said:

Ashoka was Vaders old padawan. I think that's the closest stage that most Jedi get to having a child. Obi-Wan did also say stormtroopers acuracy was precise so who knows if Obi-Wan was rembering everything.

Strongly agree. Ashoka would have been Luke 1.0 , if Obi Wan and Yoda had a new hope, Ashoka would have been the first hope to stop Vader. Then if she failed, then Luke, then maybe Leia....

I am pretty sure the trailer didn't have events in the right order and it is hard to say how she learns of Anakin / Vader. If she doesn't already know and just needs proof now.

I would love it if she disappears again and they let her live on as a potential story to be added onto later. There is certainly lots of precedence for it ... 

• Like 1

Based on Ezra and the dark side trailer stuff, wouldn't it be something if he turns to the dark side, kills off Kanin while sustaining facial injuries and ends up evolving into Snoke. Turns Ben Solo into Klyo Ren and teaches him about being a cross guard lightsaber.

Yes, a very , very far fetched idea but interesting nevertheless

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Armor said:

Ashoka was Vaders old padawan. I think that's the closest stage that most Jedi get to having a child. Obi-Wan did also say stormtroopers acuracy was precise so who knows if Obi-Wan was rembering everything.

Actually, Obi Wan going senile would explain a lot of inconsistencies between episodes 1-3 and 4 (like him not remembering R2D2, etc).  That is if you are a hardcore PT fan who thinks ep 4 was full of errors :devil:

49 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Based on Ezra and the dark side trailer stuff, wouldn't it be something if he turns to the dark side, kills off Kanin while sustaining facial injuries and ends up evolving into Snoke. Turns Ben Solo into Klyo Ren and teaches him about being a cross guard lightsaber.

A (former?) emo half-Sith with daddy issues teaching another emo half Sith with daddy issues... :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

Fun, but, Filoni said in that interview I posted that he doesn't want that to happen.  He doesn't like the idea of the movies resolving character arcs for his characters, or his show resolving character arcs for movie characters.  Of course, he's not the person in charge, but that's at least what he's saying his vision is.

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Fun, but, Filoni said in that interview I posted that he doesn't want that to happen.  He doesn't like the idea of the movies resolving character arcs for his characters, or his show resolving character arcs for movie characters.  Of course, he's not the person in charge, but that's at least what he's saying his vision is.

Totally agree. Ezra is not SL Snoke. We will not see anyone in Rebels become Snoke. Snoke is very likely Plagues (sp?) or another person we have not heard from before....  I think that would fit well and would make it so the other option - tying back into Rebels with Snoke making some appearance in some abstract way .. more enjoyable and fun.

This is the same problem, in reverse for Ashoka. She is not in any of the trilogy or the new trilogy. So her arc must end one way or another ...

If Obi Wan and Yoda were looking for a "new hope" she would be a first and prime option before Luke and Leia .... everyone knew that Anakin had deep feelings for her.

Filoni has mentioned that there will be deep and emotional scenes coming up for Ashoka .... We can hope that Rebels will help illuminate Vader's conflict. The conflict that wasn't as apparent and illuminated in the original trilogy and what made many people not enjoy the prequels as much as they could have .... he also mentioned that her arc with Vader will end in season 2. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

it was good to have the show back.  last night's episode was good. i like the seeing a stormtrooper using a lightsaber especially on an AT-AT :)

i wonder if we'll be seeing a Rebels themed AT-AT anytime soon...

You should add that to the 75054 thread. It's gone off the rails with arguments about all the AT-ATs that will be released this year.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2016 at 8:29 AM, jaisonline said:

it was good to have the show back.  last night's episode was good. i like the seeing a stormtrooper using a lightsaber especially on an AT-AT :)

i wonder if we'll be seeing a Rebels themed AT-AT anytime soon...

My son's first question upon seeing Kanan take down the AT-AT was "why didn't Luke just do that?" I had to explain that, uh, maybe these AT-AT are smaller or something. 

This is probably already in the thread, but given Leia's age, if these are canon then it seems like pretty much everyone will die by the end, at least the Jedi will.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2016 at 7:14 PM, nolanfan34 said:

My son's first question upon seeing Kanan take down the AT-AT was "why didn't Luke just do that?" I had to explain that, uh, maybe these AT-AT are smaller or something. 

This is probably already in the thread, but given Leia's age, if these are canon then it seems like pretty much everyone will die by the end, at least the Jedi will.

"Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope".  It is pretty clear cut to me :(

10 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

To be fair, she was directly over the planet that he was on, and it's not like another ship was going to come along and pick her up to take her somewhere else for another hope.

I never understood why Leia needed to stop at Tatooine if she was on her way to Yavin :dontknow:  The hyperspace was a point to point method of transportation.  Unless her original plan was to ask Obi Wan to deliver the plan all along, thereby erasing her involvement.

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I never understood why Leia needed to stop at Tatooine if she was on her way to Yavin :dontknow:  The hyperspace was a point to point method of transportation.  Unless her original plan was to ask Obi Wan to deliver the plan all along, thereby erasing her involvement.

It's been about 100 years since I listened to the radio drama. I think that's still somewhat canon. I thought it was either an attempt to throw off pursuit, or she was told by her father to seek out Obi-Wan if there was a problem.

1 hour ago, nolanfan34 said:

Really? Dang, I missed that detail somehow.

In episode 6, Empire Day, Ezra is pretty down.  Turns out it's his birthday.  He eventually tells Kanan that it's his birthday, and that he was born on the day the Empire was officially established, 15 years ago.  Referring back to RotS, Palpatine ordered the creation of the Empire on the same day that Luke and Leia were born.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That's my guess.  I think they were suspecting that she was involved with the Rebels, but didn't know for sure at that point.  The only other thing I can think of, is she was being pursued, and decided to dump the plans there, as a last resort.  Hyper space isn't necessarily point to point.  Sometimes it's depicted that way on screen, but in the books, they show that there is a hyperspace route to get from point to point.  Even in the comics, they've shown that as a way to get back to a secret base.  You hyperspace through a couple different points to reduce the ability to be tracked.  In TFA, they imply that with the map to Luke's location.  It looked to me like a hyperspace map, with stopping points along the way to get to the final location.

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

It's been about 100 years since I listened to the radio drama. I think that's still somewhat canon. I thought it was either an attempt to throw off pursuit, or she was told by her father to seek out Obi-Wan if there was a problem.

Radio drama is no longer canonical.  Only the 7 movies, novels published after April 2014, the comics published by Marvel starting in 2015, and Rebels and Clone Wars are considered canon.

10 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

"Rumor: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ May Reintroduce Fan-Favorite Legends Character"

It's speculation / rumor, not an actually spoiler (but could be?).  Warning if you click the link, as it will reveal it immediately.

I'll give it a couple of days before mentioning the character's name but, if it's true.  Hell yes!

Sweet!

6 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

I guess I should start watching.. I've caught bits of a few episodes when it started. The prequels soured me on Clone Wars so I never got into that series either.

There is some fine television in "The Clone Wars" series.

Here's a decent starter guide...

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-animated-series-clone-wars-rebels-best-episodes/2/