Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

with the exception of "the lost" episodes on netflix, i'm prob one of the few here that wish the clone wars would just go away forever. maybe i wasn't able to get into the clone wars because of the prequels...

same goes for my feelings of Lego prequel sets except the ones that involve Vader.

i really enjoy rebels though. 

For those who haven't heard yet, 4 NEW episodes of "The Clone Wars" will premiere at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.

http://dorksideoftheforce.com/2015/04/09/new-the-clone-wars-story-reel-will-premiere-at-celebration/

Great to hear - I miss the days of the Clone Wars.

• 1 month later...

I'm totally expecting a new "Rebels" Vader in a string of sets for next year.

​He's probably only in 2-3 episodes of the season. They could throw him into a bunch of sets, but more likely the new inquisitors will be the primary villains. Also, with TFA stuff coming in September, probably not a lot of Rebels sets will hit.

​He's probably only in 2-3 episodes of the season. They could throw him into a bunch of sets, but more likely the new inquisitors will be the primary villains. Also, with TFA stuff coming in September, probably not a lot of Rebels sets will hit.

​Well I think they will keep up with the Rebels set.

I expect it to be a new subtheme (like OT or EU or CW).

Why shouldn't they bring out "a lot of" Rebel Sets? It's a highly popular show that will probably run for some time if it stays at an equally good niveau. Kids love it and adults love it too (because it really brings over a lot of that OT atmosphere).

I think they will just add sets as it seems to be profitable for Disney and TLG. With Star Wars Rebels being probably at its high I would pump out all the sets possible NOW!

Of course they will also add sets from the new movies. I'd bring out less OT and Episode I-III/CW Sets for a while, with pretty much most movie scences having been out in 2 sets or more by now.

I'm very optimistic for the future of LEGO Star Wars and all subthemes of them, even though I fear for the expanded universe, even though I love the idea and I think they could bring out really great sets! (Just imagine some of the troopers or machines from the computer games! wouldn't that be awesome?).

But I agree that I'd put the new inquisitor as main villain into the new SW Rebels sets! I guess Darth Vader has been in quite some sets by now...

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I think that the new Imperial Assault Carrier looks fantastic and I cannot wait to get it, The only reason it makes me angry is because I bought the dumb speeder bike set to get Sabine. I just thought that they might hold off until 3rd quarter 2016 to throw more Rebels out there. I thought the push would be HUGE for TFA sets. I also cannot wait to get a set with old Rex, Wulff and Gregor.

Hey I agree with you! The Speeder Bike Set was a letdown... no reason not to add the helmet... I didn't buy it just because of that reason.

Personally I really don't like the look of the Assault Carrier... I'll just bebuying it because of the Minifigs ^^ (and the parts...).

I think that they left out a helmet for our agent this time... But I guess I can live with that ^.^

Hey I agree with you! The Speeder Bike Set was a letdown... no reason not to add the helmet... I didn't buy it just because of that reason.

Personally I really don't like the look of the Assault Carrier... I'll just bebuying it because of the Minifigs ^^ (and the parts...).

I think that they left out a helmet for our agent this time... But I guess I can live with that ^.^

​I think I already have Kallus with a helmet, so getting him with hair is nice. Based on the box art, it looks like Sabine gets hair and a helmet which makes the other set about as useful as an internet stalker.

I am super amused with the mini TIE Fighters that come with the Assault Carrier. I hope that they put out a Tantive IV next year with equally mini fighters.

For those who haven't heard yet, 4 NEW episodes of "The Clone Wars" will premiere at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.

http://dorksideoftheforce.com/2015/04/09/new-the-clone-wars-story-reel-will-premiere-at-celebration/

For the Clone Wars fans out there. If you haven't seen the "Bad Batch" episodes yet, they are available online.

There is also a cool panel available from the SW Celebration (I would watch it after seeing the story arc, as it does discuss some details from the story). 

http://dorksideoftheforce.com/2015/04/29/the-clone-wars-bad-batch-story-reels-are-now-online/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...