Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

The first episode of 2015 "Path of the Jedi" is available for streaming on Xfinity. Has an airdate of 1/5. My kids have built all of the rebels sets except for the Wookie Gunship (the dog of the line in my opinion) and they love them. The TIE advanced prototype is definitely the favorite as it's the perfect size for flying with little hands.

Spoiler alert:

Topics for a show are usually full of spoilers. :cheese: In which case, don't forget the usage of

tags.

Honestly, I was part teasing...

However, since the episode is only on the xD app, and hasn't aired yet, it would be nice if we could hold off on episode contents until it airs.

There's a couple of us I this thread that mentioned we can't see it on the app because we are on DirecTV. The episode hasn't officially aired yet..

So, if you guys could hold off on spoilers stuff until night of, please? :)

Great episode. Really loved it, and got genuinely excited at the end. Just nailed it.

Funniest was when The Inquisitor (I don't think that's a spoiler) was saying most of his lines, my 6 year old was sitting there subconsciously shaking his head no. He was totally locked into it I don't know if he was breathing.

The longer this series is good, the better The Ghost looks for a longer term hold.

Ok girls, back to investing... So I picked up 4 Ghosts cheap ($55 ea) and that is about my limit (I'm not a big time hoarder... 4 is usually my limit on just about anything).  Now I'm wondering... do I need 4 Phantoms to pair with?  I'm the kind of dad that couldn't buy my kid a Ghost without a Phantom... but maybe there are kids out there who get a Phantom as a gift from their aunt, and decide they need a Ghost (after EOL, of course) ?

Looking for cheap Phantoms, I don't see much.  Kmart at $19.86 + tax is about as low as it gets... add in a gift card, and maybe a few SYW points and I could get them for around $17 each?  Worth it? Wait for a better deal?  Or just don't even buy the Phantoms... Ghosts will be easier to sell on their own?

Ghost 75053

Phantom 75048

Ok girls, back to investing... So I picked up 4 Ghosts cheap ($55 ea) and that is about my limit (I'm not a big time hoarder... 4 is usually my limit on just about anything). Now I'm wondering... do I need 4 Phantoms to pair with? I'm the kind of dad that couldn't buy my kid a Ghost without a Phantom... but maybe there are kids out there who get a Phantom as a gift from their aunt, and decide they need a Ghost (after EOL, of course) ?

Looking for cheap Phantoms, I don't see much. Kmart at $19.86 + tax is about as low as it gets... add in a gift card, and maybe a few SYW points and I could get them for around $17 each? Worth it? Wait for a better deal? Or just don't even buy the Phantoms... Ghosts will be easier to sell on their own?

Ghost 75053

Phantom 75048

How'd you get Ghosts so cheap? Sorry if it's not proper to ask.

OK see my post below.  It was a year-end clearance.  First I'd ever heard of this company in the DD thread on Christmas Eve.  I thought they were getting out of the Lego business permanently, because a week later they had nothing on their website with the Lego name.  But looks like they're getting more stuff in now.  Buyer beware... the company does not have a great online reputation... lots of complaints about non-deliveries, poor service, etc.  I decided to risk it... paying via Paypal, I figured they'd protect me.  Worked out OK for me.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/8838-my-order-status/?p=395635

I think the Rebels theme could be a real winner.  The show is good (my kids love it, and so do I) and it is fresh.  I also think that the Ghost AND Phantom are good buys, but I am worried that they will be on the shelves for many years.  I mean, how often are they going to come up with NEW Rebels themed sets?  I mean, little ones, sure, but the Ghost is basically the Falcon of that era.  I see it lasting at least two years on the shelves.  That being said, I think it is a good investment.