Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

Looking forward to the show, but my expectations are not too high. I suspected that Disney would want to keep it light (for the kids), and the creative team has already said as much. The whole family loved the Clone Wars series, and it definitely got pretty dark at times. I think many people saw the CW movie, and believed that was what the series was like. I wasn't too thrilled with the movie either, but the team kept pushing it further. It is still a shame that Disney had to pull the plug on it. 

I've watched several of the 5 - 10 min previews and they've all been really good.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

for those who don't know the first two episodes are out there d http://www.watchcartoononline.com/star-wars-rebels-episode-1-2-spark-of-rebellion

as for the show i liked it. I think I'm in the minority thinking disney, is going to be the best thing for star wars.  I didn't think any more movies were ever going to made, and now I can see even more movies after ep 9 maybe even spin off movies and cartoon series.

If retailers didn't want to "go all in" on a new SW theme, inventories could be light, and there could be short term outages.  The new (classic) SW Legos probably hurt sales for these, and it's possible some retail buyers looked at inventories of these not moving, and said "Order more of these for October / November delivery? ... meh... I'll think we'll hold off on that." Then the show comes out and they start selling out. 

But, I just decided I'm not ready for the short term flip game yet, so I'm going to pass. I already got the pair to build and a pair to hold.  These sets will be around for a while.  I'll have plenty of opportunity to get more later.  And trekgate could very well be right: there may be no shortage at all, and buying now could be just buying and holding for a long, long time.

I believe so... movie already available online.. in fact, the movie may just be the first two episodes put together?  But official release on TV is tonight on Disney HD (then series going to Disney xD only... which is also interesting, in that Disney xD is not on my basic direcTV package, but is on Time Warner cable).  Clearly, the "movie" is being released simultaneously to DVD.

... those emoticon above are supposed to be "X" and "D" together..."X..D"

Edited by Kenxxx

I believe so... movie already available online.. in fact, the movie may just be the first two episodes put together? But official release on TV is tonight on Disney HD (then series going to Disney xD only... which is also interesting, in that Disney xD is not on my basic direcTV package, but is on Time Warner cable). Clearly, the "movie" is being released simultaneously to DVD.

... those emoticon above are supposed to be "X" and "D" together..."X..D"

Lol I thought you hated Disney and did xD on purpose :D :D :D

Thanks for the answer :)

I've have just seen the "movie" (looks like two 21min episodes stuck together, indeed).

I liked it, not a huge fan but it's ok. The ghost is a cool spaceship, I'm tempted to get one now, ah ah.

The "problem" I have with this SW rebels is about the wookies' design... it's... I can't find my words. :bad:

Same here. I think it's better than clones wars. It is definitely less kiddish. My kids instantly want the sets.

Less kiddish than CW? Even the creators of Rebels have said that it will be much more kid friendly than CW (and they are the same ones that did Clone Wars).

Either way, I thought that it was really good (and it was less kiddish than I was worried it would be).

That quote from them was early on in production - so hopefully they decided to give it more edge. In one scene, the Imperial leader did unnecessarily kick his own storm trooper to his death (just because he was annoyed), so I am hopeful.

Edited by KShine

So do you buy both? ... you get the 6 main characters right up front (the good guys anyway).

Finally got ours out of the box and built it, and realized: you don't get the six main "good guys" with these two ships.  You get everybody but Sabine (the girl that seems to be the explosives expert).

She must be coming in a future set.