Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

No, nor was the body count the point of my argument. I acknowledge your argument about overall duration of the shows but I refute the rest on account of taste. De gustibus non est disputandum and let's leave it at that.

For me, Malevolence arc was great, actually all the way to ep.8 and Jar Jar was great. It's the second half that they dragged a little. Unidimensional villains? Oh, I relish in the 3D-ness of Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister. Especially compared to say, Darth Maul and Assaj Ventress?

I think the first season starting off any series can be a bit strenuous on the mind to stay attentive all the way through. It throws you into a new realm of characters moving about in a storyline slowly revealed against a backdrop unknown although I will add a good series can toss you right in the middle of the action yet still manage to catch your attention keeping you glued to the seat of your pants.

I do remember The Clone Wars series in the beginning was enjoyable although okay then later on things progressed becoming more engaging. Some of my favorite bits and what helped to clench the show for me was the growing individuality the clones themselves were attaining in spite being essentially a 'copy'. Human and mother nature at its best showing the countless directions a single person can possibly go. Also I liked how they called the droids "Clankers". Heh. The series showed there were a lot of murderous machines besides the mass-produced low-tier frontline Battle Droid behind the Trade Federation's legion as well.

Rebels had high expectations preceding the series therefore I knew the first season at least should be watched from beginning to end before passing judgment and in a way that worked since honestly the story took until the very end there for the intricacies woven through to start showing when the characters now were seen as being part of something larger than just themselves. In the beginning the plot felt like another ragtag team of people trying to survive, a theme done countless times and ways prior (Firefly, Farscape, etcetera). However Rebels has matured to display it is a little more than a kid's show thankfully while still retaining a bit of fun factor for an all-around enjoyable experience. Also the characters are each likeable in their own ways. I simply cannot stand any show where I dislike every single one (or almost all) of them.

Between the two, Clone Wars continues to be smidge better than Rebels but then again it did run longer and the timeframe of events were darker with all-out war between two sides of a possible outcome to our own ideals towards how future conflicts will be fought (genetically perfected soldiers bred for the warzone born from a test tube or mechanical monsters handling threats based on preprogrammed calculated probabilities).

Back to investing... I have about 4 Phantoms 75048 with an avg. buy in of about $12 (thank you Kmart). I've always planned on saving them to pair with my 4 discount Ghosts 75053, and selling them well after retirement.  But 75048 is now going for $40 on Amazon... should I sell these now and restock in the spring?  ... or is there a chance there will be no restock?

• 1 month later...

Hey, 

I was wondering what the BP community thinks about Rebels sets investment-wise. The ones recently retired (i.e. Ghost and Phantom) are up for grabs quite cheaply (10-20% discount vs. RPP). Do you think they have long-term potential? 

They are pretty iconic (for the series at least) - from what I saw got some very mixed reviews build-wise. idk if they are going to be re-done anytime soon, if not then I guess there might be some demand for them among the viewers of the show (which is great btw).

Excuse me while I pick up my jaw off the floor.

Intense.

I thought we'd have some clues to TFA embedded in Rebels prior to the movie opening.  Now I'm thinking it's the other way around.  We'll be getting the TFA Easter Eggs in Rebels now that the movie is out.  Can't wait for the second half to start (although, I'm still a few episodes behind).

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:44 PM, Alpinemaps said:

So who are they? Are those yellow or white blades?

And oh yeah. There's your first TFA Easter Egg

My kid informed me they are Jedi temple guard Think more knowledgable than me lol

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Temple_Guard

i also am thinking it is not directly an Easter egg in a way they are working on tying everything together it is amazing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Let's me honest - in Empire, Obi-Wan knows of only Luke. So you've got to think our three Jedi from Rebels are either dead or so far off the radar that even Yoda can't sense them anymore.

yeah, strangely he forgot about Leia. He didn't say last Jedi, he said last hope. So he put no actual faith in Leia's ability to defeat Vader I guess. To defeat Vader, they needed someone that could emotionally throw him off guard. Someone that he could and would obsess over, and that he might not kill. The only person that Vader would care about would be his child, and he already knows about Luke. Luke has had some rudimentary training, so maybe he'd get lucky.