Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Pretty disappointed that none of the digital platforms have the episode available for purchase. We don't have DisneyXD and frankly 9:00 is too late for my young ones to wait up to watch a show. I hope that they all get it worked out so that we can do a Father's day viewing together.

It's on youtube and vader was piiiiimp

I finally watched all episodes.  This is by far the best SW TV series I have seen. This is also the much deserved bridge between episode 3 and 4.  The tone of first half of season 1 was lighter, but boy it turned dark when Moff Tarkin showed up in the last 3 episodes.  He was delightfully ruthless.  At times I thought that this show would have fit better at Cartoon Network than Disney X D.

And when I thought Tarkin was good, then on season 2 they upped the darker tone thanks to Vader.  Ruthless and calculating, Vader was one step ahead of the heroes throughout the episode.  Plus he was still the best pilot in the galaxy.  That was Vader done right.

Speaking of bridge, did anyone notice how well executed the lightsaber fights were ?  With Inquisitor, the fights basically mimic episode 1-3, with many fancy movements and acrobats, with double bladed vs dual sabers duel to boot.  However, Darth Vader fought like he fought in episode 4-6, no acrobat, just purely efficient movements.  Love how he used the force to almost cause Ezra to kill himself. He was badass without all the fancy moves and our heroes barely escaped him. Nicely done

I finally watched all episodes.  This is by far the best SW TV series I have seen. This is also the much deserved bridge between episode 3 and 4.  The tone of first half of season 1 was lighter, but boy it turned dark when Moff Tarkin showed up in the last 3 episodes.  He was delightfully ruthless.  At times I thought that this show would have fit better at Cartoon Network than Disney X D.

And when I thought Tarkin was good, then on season 2 they upped the darker tone thanks to Vader.  Ruthless and calculating, Vader was one step ahead of the heroes throughout the episode.  Plus he was still the best pilot in the galaxy.  That was Vader done right.

Speaking of bridge, did anyone notice how well executed the lightsaber fights were ?  With Inquisitor, the fights basically mimic episode 1-3, with many fancy movements and acrobats, with double bladed vs dual sabers duel to boot.  However, Darth Vader fought like he fought in episode 4-6, no acrobat, just purely efficient movements.  Love how he used the force to almost cause Ezra to kill himself. He was badass without all the fancy moves and our heroes barely escaped him. Nicely done

I agree. Ending Clones Wars for this was a fantastic decision.

It is interesting as I thought the same thing when Rebels first started.  I thought it was too kid friendly, but figured it needed to be.  Then it became darker, and the revelation of a Clone Wars character coming back at the season one finale, plus Vader's introduction, made it all worth it.  I was glad they tied in the Clone Wars show at that moment.

I felt at the beginning of the Clone Wars show that is was a bit more kid friendly.  The introduction movie and the beginning of the show had a completely different atmosphere than by the end of the show where the story lines became darker.  So I am hoping similar things will happen now with Rebels.

Loved the premiere of season 2, just wanted to hit the Imperial March on an endless loop on my iPod.  I know we have the new movies coming out in the next few years and the product line for this year has already been unveiled, but I'm really hoping they put out more Rebels sets - especially the blockade runners and command ship used by the rebels.  How about a minifig of the grown up Ashoka?  Maybe a new Lando figure?  

Lots of potential on this show, and the teaser for the season showed Rex making a return. W00t! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So what's up with 75053 The Ghost?  Walmart clearing them out at $64 ea... now TRU has them at $71.99 (a low price for TRU).  It just turned 1 year old.  Probably just a late summer clearance I guess.  The Rebels have probably cooled off with no new episodes lately... I guess they're starting again in mid-October?

So what's up with 75053 The Ghost?  Walmart clearing them out at $64 ea... now TRU has them at $71.99 (a low price for TRU).  It just turned 1 year old.  Probably just a late summer clearance I guess.  The Rebels have probably cooled off with no new episodes lately... I guess they're starting again in mid-October?

Or parents are saving their cash, waiting for all the toys that will be coming out for the new movie.  Soft sales make for quick clearance.

Still no release date for Season 2. The first two episodes aired as a movie earlier this summer. And the next episode is set to air at NYC Comic Con in October. But no release date on the next season.

Some of us are guessing it will be times closer to Episode 7 for some crossover potential.

Season 2 premieres October 14th.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/star-wars/244310/star-wars-rebels-season-2-news-new-clip-premiere-date-trailer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone think some rebels sets could retire this year?

The Ghost has hit clearance in a few places here. I am not sure it is due for retirement as much as clearing space. But it's probably first up on the block, and probably the most important set for Rebels when paired with the Phantom.

Edited by thoroakenfelder
  • Like 1

This series has become more interesting now that additional elements from The Clone Wars are being brought into the mix. I was hoping somewhere a few of the clones would appear just to see that some had managed to survive and what they would be doing with the freedom they deserved in the aftermath. Regarding the situation of Ahsoka Tano and Darth Vader, I wonder how long before she realizes who is under that abominable armor.

This series has become more interesting now that additional elements from The Clone Wars are being brought into the mix. I was hoping somewhere a few of the clones would appear just to see that some had managed to survive and what they would be doing with the freedom they deserved in the aftermath. Regarding the situation of Ahsoka Tano and Darth Vader, I wonder how long before she realizes who is under that abominable armor.

she already did.

• Like 2

Prior to Season 2 episode 1 of Star wars Rebels, was the end of Season 5 the last time Ashoka saw Anakin? When she left the Jedi order?

i'm at season 6 right now, but its like kind of an unofficial season

Pretty much yes. She leaves the Order and doesn't show back up (on screen) until the last episode of Rebels Season 1. Not sure if she shows up in print anywhere but I don't believe she does.