• Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

Hi there all brick baron's

New to Brickpicker, have only started collecting lego over the last two years, only from Star Wars IV-VI playsets, minifigs and UCS sets.

I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand

any other kiwi memebers?

I've heard a rumour that in september 2015 Lego are releasing a UCS Tie Fighter set number 75095 retailing for $400.00 NZD

Greetings and welcome to the site. I'm a kiwi living in the UK. I was in Christchurch for the first time back in March, first time in the South Island.

I managed to pick up a couple of a Mini Modulars sets from a toy shop in Mata Mata. Unfortunately I could not fit any FBs in the suitcase.

The only other Kiwi I know on here is Gromlin who does a lot of work for the site. But I am sure there are others lurking.

I'm 35 (male) and from Indianapolis, USA.

Loved the late 80s/early 90s space sets (and also the "plain" bricks that you could turn into anything) and now have two young boys that are turning into major Lego freaks (not to mention a wife who loves to build her own sets).

Edited by cdenmier

33 male Louisville KY. CMM programmer. I mostly do BrickLink but have started trying out the long term investment game. Not really my thing but you never know til you try. Great site with great people makes even that much more enjoyable.

Nice! I'm a CNC machinist. I've ran a cmm a few times but never programmed one. Interesting stuff!

We are buying a brand new Mitutoyo CMM with SP25M scanning probe. Just finished the presentation yesterday. We do Fine Blanking, mainly brake pads but are expanding to automatic clutch gears. It beats the normal 9-5 office gigs.

Nice. The shop I'm at now has a Mitutoyo, not sure what model though. The last shop I was in, they had 2 Zeiss and a Faro arm. I operated both of those, pretty versatile and sexy machines!

Hi all!  36 year old lady lego lover here!

I grew up on legos and had most of the early pirate legos which got sold in a garage sale when I entered that "dark age" of losing interest in them. Now, 20 years later or so, I have rediscovered the awesomeness of legos while shopping for a batman tumbler 76023 for my honey's birthday and am well on my way to becoming a legomaniac!  I enjoy investing in toys as a way of funding my toy collection and this site is a great tool which makes it so easy to invest in legos!

I'm glad to have found you all!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there :)

I arrived on Brickpicker a littlebit by chance actually. I consider myself more a collector than an investor. Lego has been a long time hobby now although I do not own a huge collection. I think I cannot (yet) consider Lego as being an investment or a business. However, as my collection is increasing, I tend to look for more specific sets, collector ones and to be able to get them, selling part of mines becomes reasonnable, if not necessary :(

So I begin to consider buying 2 sets from time to time to keep one and resell one. This does not represent a large amount of money but helps my Lego budget to stay in line :)

• Like 1

35. I recently reacquired all of my old first Gen pirates Legos from my nephew. This brought me back into love with the product. Although at this stage I've been buying up a few choice sets for resell in small quantities. Margins here are much smaller than the US. Great hobby and fantastic site.

Hi Everyone,

I am 38 and have loved Legos since I was a kid.  When I left for college about 20 years ago, I gave all of my legos to a friend of mine.  I look back at what I had and kinda kick myself for it, but oh well, time to get back in the game.  I am starting my own business and will be using Lego as an avenue for this.  Glad I found this site earlier this year.  Wonderful information and fun to read.

Hi everyone
26 here from Portugal. I played with Lego when I was young and got back into this world this year to the minifigure series. I already bought several sets. I buy mostly for investing but have some sets that I don't mind if they don't go up because I want to build them. Just have to resist temptation :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Delaware.  46 years young.  As a kid my parents couldn't afford legos for me so now that I am older I buy all I can from garage sales.  I try to put the sets together and then resell them.  After finding this site I have now looked at buying some NIB sets and holding for resale.

Eric