• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

I'm a 40 year old male from the UK. I don't consider myself an investor (I only have 4 unopened sets - vampyre castle, Cinderella castle, ecto-1 and Delorean, which I'm keeping until the kids are older). I mainly read the forums here just to get a feel on which sets are cool or worth stashing for the kids - they're just starting out with lego but only simple sets for now.

Funnily, I started like this. I bought a couple of sets for my kids (1 and 3 year old). Then I bought more, and then I decided it was way too much for kids  :pleasantry:

Then I decided to be an investor, at least to feel less guilty about it. It was 2 years ago. Today I have approx. 100 unopened sets (5000

Edited by denosya

Funnily, I started like this. I bought a couple of sets for my kids (1 and 3 year old). Then I bought more, and then I decided it was way too much for kids  :pleasantry:

Then I decided to be an investor, at least to feel less guilty about it. It was 2 years ago. Today I have approx. 100 unopened sets (5000

I am having a hard time seeing that I am the only one from Mexico investing on this site.  If you are from northern Mexico, you can get all the US sets that you want and sell them in Mexico , as there are not exclusives being sold in my country......

37 male from  Monterrey, Mexico....

Home of the largest LEGO manufacturing facility in the world......

• 2 weeks later...

34, Laguna, CA. Like dub above... Easy to get back into them now that I have children of my own. And the quality of the sets these days make them a blast to build as an adult.

I consider Lego investing as a branch of my overall portfolio, complimenting my IRA and stock savings. Though we do have some fun on speculative sets, 80% of our holdings are modular which I adamantly feel are the safest play for the long term investor.

It's fun, and great to connect with others doing the same.

• Like 1

26, SoCal. I would buy a couple of random lego sets to build every now and then when I had some sort of mild midlife crisis (lol). Anyway, recently my nephew (who is a lego investor) came from Korea and told me about how he flips Star Wars and CMF sets. All my sets were opened, broken down and eventually put in a large bin except two: batman two-face escape and hulk's helicarrier breakout (mostly unopened due to lack of interest and display space). After Iooking up the market value for the batman set, here I am.

Edited by Sahntoki

Almost 50 (yikes) does that qualify as an "ole fart"?

Several years ago I was looking into getting started in selling Jeep (YJ) parts on the new fangled ebay thingy, I heard it was best to just sell something cheap that you knew well until you learned the system & built up FB... randomly found a box of classic Lego in a local add & began selling those parts from a bin on the kitchen counter. Now it's 3 bedrooms & the basement & even the new house under construction is built around the Lego dedicated rooms - I wonder if maybe this has gone a little too far... naaaw...