• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

I'm 40 (yay, still made the cutoff for the 36-40 selection), married and have two kids (6yp daughter and almost 2yo son). I was a bit deprived when I was a child, so I am playing catchup now. Been collecting for about 10 years. In addition to Legos, I also collect Star Wars prop replicas (Master Replicas and eFX). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a 40 year old male from the UK. I don't consider myself an investor (I only have 4 unopened sets - vampyre castle, Cinderella castle, ecto-1 and Delorean, which I'm keeping until the kids are older). I mainly read the forums here just to get a feel on which sets are cool or worth stashing for the kids - they're just starting out with lego but only simple sets for now.

Of course music was better in the 80s. ;) Isn't that when the term of a 'mix tape' coined? :music:

I think I have all those somewhere, except the MJ. Never really was a fan.

Sadder thing is I still have all the mix cassettes I recorded from the radio in New Zealand. They have deteriorated somewhat over the past 25 years.

'Oy you! We got the Justin Beaver and the Billy O'Reilly and Barrack McCain...

You also have Jedward.... :bad: case closed.  :cheese:

• Like 1

Unfortunately Devils in the wild here are under threat from a facial tumor disease that scientists are still trying to figure out.

I read about that calamitous cancer. Poor things, I can't imagine having to suffer through such a slow death between that cancer and starvation. They may be wild animals but that is a cruel way for anyone or anything to die from. :cry:
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm 37 and live in FL. I suppose I'm coming out of my 'Dark Ages' now, but I wasn't really a collector in my youth just a fiend for building ridiculous things. 

It's easy to justify getting back into LEGO when your kids are into it and it becomes a great way to spend time together. ;) 

I do wish I had saved those bricks, instructions, etc. That would've been a hell of a head start on this thing. 

• Like 1

I'm 27 and live in Germany.

(male).

I just started out investing hoping to get some nice deals before I finally start out with the real deal of reselling them again ^.^

Since it's too late to turn back the hands of time and get some of those early on modulars and Star Wars UCS I figured I might as well give it a try with what I can get my handy on right now and hope that some of them will gain equaly over time.

(Though to be honest if I double my investment over time that's more than good compared to any bank account I could get... I mean 1% each year is a good and save deal but 10+% sounds somewhat better to me).

38, male, living in Italy. I spend quite a lot of time travelling around the world for business. US are one of my most frequent destinations.

36, male in AZ.  Seems like the majority of us are 36-40 based on poll results.

I think TLG should be very grateful to our generation. We were the first mass-consumers back in the 70's/80's, and I am sure we have contributed A LOT to get over their financial crisis when we massively went out from the dark age.