• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

I'm 42 and have a 3 year old and 10 year old.  I just started buying additional sets for collecting and investing this year.   I have loads of bricks and sets, but only 5 sets meant for saving.  Also, I am a male and have been teaching English for 16 years. 

I am in the Northeast about 30 minutes from New York City with no traffic.I forgot to mention I live in the state of New Jersey, with the Govenor from HELL, who is trying to take us back to the dark ages and the shopping mecca of the area. Our sales tax is lower than NEW YORK CITY and no tax on clothing, so New Yorkers shop here. I am a beginner and look forward to something new in my life. Thank and peace out.

19, female!  

I've always liked legos and this is kind of a fun way to try and make some money while I'm in school.  If it doesn't work out for me, then I'll just use the sets I buy for gifts and build some myself as well :)

41 MWF seeks to exchange investment insight, as well as to engage in congenial banter, with fellow Brickpickers from all walks of life. Other interests include Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Ha ha...gotta love Rupert Holmes references.  The ending of that song cracks me up cause they man and his wife are totally cool with it...like "oh it's you, how silly".  But back on topic...

39.  Got the Yellow Lego Castle as a christmas gift (thanks Santa!) back in '81 and still have it!!!  Hit Dark Ages at about 14 (stick with it you youngsters) but got back into it when my boys started expressing interest.  Bought them sets for a year or two then bought MYSELF the Unexpected Gathering and was hooked.

I have always sold some of my old Lego's on Ebay (never my beloved castle though) so not new in the lego investing, just buying sets with that as a specific end goal.

I've only been a BrickPicker member for a short time and I'm now wondering if I'm one of the oldest (48!).  It'd be nice to see a histogram stating the # or % of members in each age group eg. 5-10yrs, 11-15yrs, 16-20yrs and so on.  Sometimes I think I'm too old for this but, am I?  All my friends and family think I'm bonkers spending

Ha ha...gotta love Rupert Holmes references.  The ending of that song cracks me up cause they man and his wife are totally cool with it...like "oh it's you, how silly".  But back on topic...

39.  Got the Yellow Lego Castle as a christmas gift (thanks Santa!) back in '81 and still have it!!!  Hit Dark Ages at about 14 (stick with it you youngsters) but got back into it when my boys started expressing interest.  Bought them sets for a year or two then bought MYSELF the Unexpected Gathering and was hooked.

I have always sold some of my old Lego's on Ebay (never my beloved castle though) so not new in the lego investing, just buying sets with that as a specific end goal.

It is always a good thing to hang on to a Lego you really like. I will never sell some of my first Lego sets that I got as a kid. I got my first set when I was 2, which was the Gungan Patrol. I still have with almost all the pieces. Now I am 14, and I almost fell into the Dark Ages, but the 10225 UCS R2-D2 brought me back and then I found this site. Now, I still like Legos and I hope to profit of them in the near future.

Guest eightbrick

Here in Great Britain. But no option to vote :-( Stomping

Strange, they have 2 south americas, Greenland, Antarctica, but no specific European countries.