• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

Hello all!!  I'm 44 yo manly man from the Midwest.  Started getting in to legos with my two young boys at the time, now it seems I'm into them more than they are, however they still like them.  I collect about everything.  I have bought one of nearly every set since 2010 lol.  I went back and got what I wanted from the Harry Potter series.  LOTS of doubles.  They take up a lot of space.  Hope everyone is well and having fun!!

I've always been a Lego fan. If not for circumstances preventing me from taking an architecture class in High School, they might've inspired my career, but I ended up selling my pieces for college.

So anyway, a few weeks ago, my wife and I went into the Lego store, where she spotted the Parisian Restaurant. I briefly considered how wise the purchase would be given the addictive nature of Lego. Aaaand we've since dropped around $1,500 (that's supposed to be going towards our debt/down payment for a home next year!) on a few modulars, the Ferris Wheel, minfigures, furniture for our Lego avatars (our dogs included) to move into the empty townhome next to the Pet Shop, a couple Christmas sets, pieces for the UCS Imperial Shuttle (well that's "me" more than "we"),  and have stopped just short of buying the same for the Green Grocer, except $$$.

Really looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars/holiday sets!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.  New member here.  I’m a mid-30’s stay at home dad that has played with and loved Legos since I was a toddler.  I’ve bought a few sets for my boys to play with and they’re hooked.  Since I’ve become a stay at home dad, I’ve been looking for a ‘hobby’ that gives me something  to do as well as possibly put some money in the bank.  I’m not looking to get rich;  if I can simply pay for sets that my boys want by selling other Legos, that’s fine by me.  I’m one of those weirdos that LOVES the hunt.  Growing up, my father was in construction and when it would rain, he would pull me out of school and take me to flea markets to look for comic books.  I’ve got a small fortune from the comics I found as a kid.  My best find was a NM Adventure Comics 247.  So, I’m diving into this hobby and hope to make some friends in the process.  I have 15 Walmarts within 10 miles of me, 43 within 50 miles of me, a Lego store within 10, 9 Target stores within 25 miles, and 4 TRU within 20 miles.  Being a stay at home dad affords me the opportunity to go ‘hunting’ about any time I want.  So, with all of that being said, take it easy on me if I ask too many stupid questions.  I’ll do my best to limit them.

• Like 1

Hi all.  New member here.  I’m a mid-30’s stay at home dad that has played with and loved Legos since I was a toddler.  I’ve bought a few sets for my boys to play with and they’re hooked.  Since I’ve become a stay at home dad, I’ve been looking for a ‘hobby’ that gives me something  to do as well as possibly put some money in the bank.  I’m not looking to get rich;  if I can simply pay for sets that my boys want by selling other Legos, that’s fine by me.  I’m one of those weirdos that LOVES the hunt.  Growing up, my father was in construction and when it would rain, he would pull me out of school and take me to flea markets to look for comic books.  I’ve got a small fortune from the comics I found as a kid.  My best find was a NM Adventure Comics 247.  So, I’m diving into this hobby and hope to make some friends in the process.  I have 15 Walmarts within 10 miles of me, 43 within 50 miles of me, a Lego store within 10, 9 Target stores within 25 miles, and 4 TRU within 20 miles.  Being a stay at home dad affords me the opportunity to go ‘hunting’ about any time I want.  So, with all of that being said, take it easy on me if I ask too many stupid questions.  I’ll do my best to limit them.

welcome to the site!

Hello all! Brand new to this following the recent article from The Telegraph... so let's just get it out of the way that I'm very excited and very ignorant about just how much work I've gotten myself into :) Not my first time starting a hobby business though, and am enjoying all the great resources on this site (still figuring out the forums).

I'm in my late 20s, played with LEGO as a young kid and have gotten back into building a little bit with my girlfriend earlier this year -- we got hooked following the LEGO Movie and remembering how much fun it was as kids.. We've built a few of the mid-sized DC / Marvel sets, and are starting to eye some of the more "adult" sets... we'll see if I can sell the idea of having them around in our smallish apartment.

I'm in a large city so travel times suck, but there are plenty of Target stores in nearby neighborhoods and a LEGO Shop / LEGO Discovery center nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

New member here as well. I'm 30. I have a 1 year old boy and another on son on the way in December. I love building toys and real things (I build racecars, rockets and other go fast things whenever possible). I sold every lego set I had when I was 14 years old and regret it to this day. I sold it to a guy in his late 20s. I've been slowly buying back those sets at extraordinary cost. 

But I've learned my lesson and now I also invest as I build my collection. A lot of smaller sets do not interest me and I'm far too poor to be a completionist, so I focus on a few things like Star Wars UCS, Lego Ideas, and Lego Architecture.

I own every Lego Architecture set and am working on Lego Ideas at the moment. Completing Star Wars UCS looks unlikely, but going forward I have investment sets to sell. *shrug* I'm new to this game, but it definitely looks like my kind of party!

• Like 1

21 this year. Emerged from the dark ages 8 months ago. Too young to invest, too old to play with. But to me, just nice. Couldn't get back to this soon enough..

well too young too invest? yup saving up yo buy might be hard. But too old to play.....nah....you got plenty to play with once you saw the sets you really like.

• Like 1

Hi there.  I'm 36 years old from the United States.  I used to build Lego's as a kid and I'm just now getting back into it.  I found this site while looking at listings on eBay and I hope to meet a lot of new people who will help me make my collection great again.  My ultimate goal one day is to create a huge Lego city, consisting of vintage sets and newer sets.  I'm not into any theme sets; Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc, but just the original Lego sets.  I know this journey will take me a long time to complete if I ever complete it, but it will be a whole lot of fun.  I'm not rich, so money will affect how much I buy and how fast, but I'm not worried about that.  If I buy one set a month or one every 3-6 months, I'm okay with that. 

Hi there.  I'm 36 years old from the United States.  I used to build Lego's as a kid and I'm just now getting back into it.  I found this site while looking at listings on eBay and I hope to meet a lot of new people who will help me make my collection great again.  My ultimate goal one day is to create a huge Lego city, consisting of vintage sets and newer sets.  I'm not into any theme sets; Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc, but just the original Lego sets.  I know this journey will take me a long time to complete if I ever complete it, but it will be a whole lot of fun.  I'm not rich, so money will affect how much I buy and how fast, but I'm not worried about that.  If I buy one set a month or one every 3-6 months, I'm okay with that. 

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Don't get intimidated by all the "big time investors" here. There are a lot of members just like you who love to just collect lego. Let us know of you have any questions while navigating the site.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

My ultimate goal one day is to create a huge Lego city, consisting of vintage sets and newer sets. I know this journey will take me a long time to complete if I ever complete it, but it will be a whole lot of fun.  

hello. If you're like most builders you'll never be complete. Enjoy the process and post pics please.

Welcome to the site, obenheimer. It seems we share the same dream goal of building a great LEGOtopia. :) Such may never truly be complete if only for the fact more great sets keep coming out leaving you trying to figure how the new can be integrated with everything else but like the pursuit of perfection it is a constant and often enjoyable process. Not everyone here has wads of cash to toss around either which is where the deal hunting comes into play and in time finding sales will become second nature.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm a 19 year old female, and I've been around Legos since I was 3.  I still buy sets, and my current project is to piece together all of my old sets. It's been a challenge but I'm slowly getting there! I'm looking forward to browsing the forum and getting to talk to fellow collectors!

Hey all! I'm a 19 year old female, and I've been around Legos since I was 3.  I still buy sets, and my current project is to piece together all of my old sets. It's been a challenge but I'm slowly getting there! I'm looking forward to browsing the forum and getting to talk to fellow collectors!

what type of set did you used to have?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the world collecting Lego, it becomes very addictive

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning!  I'm a mom trying to help my teenage son sell some of his lego sets.  I have friends interested in some sets but I have no idea how to price them.  The price range is crazy online.   If anyone can point me in the right direction to get a normal price range, that would be awesome!  Thanks :-)

6 minutes ago, Suey12 said:

Good morning!  I'm a mom trying to help my teenage son sell some of his lego sets.  I have friends interested in some sets but I have no idea how to price them.  The price range is crazy online.   If anyone can point me in the right direction to get a normal price range, that would be awesome!  Thanks :-)

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/lego_lot_price_calculator.cfm

Just put the set number in the search bar then click on the set