• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

I am a southern gal and will be 65 soon. I am big into Halloween and grandkids and bought the Haunted House and became hooked. My 5 year old grandson is over the top regarding Lego and we build together with help from grandsons' dad who is coming more into the dark side with us now that he is building with his son. I do mostly the Modulars but will stray occasionally into other themes if the mood strikes me. My dining room table is covered with Lego in various stages :)

I was stunned that Lego is collected for investment purposes. The secondary market for retired sets makes one head spin and wallet empty!! Bought the Black Pearl on eBay...wish I had been into Lego when it first came out!

Found this site looking into the release date on the new Avenger Heli

• Like 1

Hi there!  I'm a new potential investor and part time lego builder who works as an environmental education teacher in Florida.  I thoroughly enjoy playing legos with my 6 year old daughter and seeing how amazing she is with them.  I look forward to chatting and learning about lego investing with you guys and girl(s).

• Like 1

Whats happening?! 30 year old dude, no kids, too many hobbies, and a love/hate relationship with linux, that just happened to blow just shy of a grand on legos at the local walmarts and lego store today. I guess Im in it now, so wanted to say hi! ...There are so many educated people here! Nice to meet you all :)

34, project manager for a large aerospace company, residing in the Pacific NW with a husband, 2 girl children (4 and 1), and 2 big dogs.  So far none of them have eaten any bricks, although not from lack of trying.

Loved legos as a kid, and got back into them when a coworker gave me the women scientists last year.  It's been a bunny hole since then and now every room in the house has legos.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Greetings guys! I just signed up. Im a 34 year old dude from the philippines, married and have 1 kid. My interests includes all things lego, music and photography. And oh, im a level 80 warrior of guildwars 2!

Mabuhay!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all!

34 project manager with aerospace background (currently unemployed since December, streak of unfortunate events, but that'll hopefully change soon). I'm originally from Serbia, lived in France for 10 years, a year in Germany and now Netherlands, I've been into Lego as a kid and then caught the bug again back in 2010 (thank you Death Star...). As fellow project manager in aerospace @tabolton314 has put it above, it's been a rabbit hole ever since! :)

Anyway, glad that I've discovered this unique forum, I'm looking forward to sharing many new insights and experiences with fellow Brick lovers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, been lurking for about a week now just reading posts and enjoying the community, but only made one post so far. I live in the Midwest (Ohio) US, and I'm a 32 year old Software Developer. I've been playing with legos since I was a child, and currently have two children that are also lego enthusiasts. My 9 year old daughter loves the Friends sets and has been eyeing the Elves sets lately.

My son is 5 and he seems to be drawn to the City sets, especially the ones with police in them, but his favorite right now is the cargo truck (60020). Last night we put together some Ninjago sets and he's loving those as well.

We made a youtube video to introduce ourselves to the Lego hobby world, hope you enjoy:

• Like 2

41, married man, 3 kids: 13+9+7. 

Computer Professional and University Lecturer. 

recently Interested in Lego innovation and I wish to do some cool technic ideas and also Lego Mindstorms + Matlab projects. 

I'm also trying to establish a Lego business for my wife but it is not so easy to start. But never giving up.

I'm currently collecting more parts, practicing with Technic and reading few books.

My oldest daughter is a Lego fan, this is here first house after buying a pile of white bricks and roof slopes (with other parts we already have)

IMG-20150426-WA0003 (Large).jpg

IMG-20150426-WA0001 (Large).jpg

IMG-20150426-WA0005 (Large).jpg

Edited by BloxBH
  • Like 5

41, married man, 3 kids: 13+9+7. 

Computer Professional and University Lecturer. 

recently Interested in Lego innovation and I wish to do some cool technic ideas and also Lego Mindstorms + Matlab projects. 

I'm also trying to establish a Lego business for my wife but it is not so easy to start. But never giving up.

I'm currently collecting more parts, practicing with Technic and reading few books.

My oldest daughter is a Lego fan, this is here first house after buying a pile of white bricks and roof slopes (with other parts we already have)

That house your daughter built is awesome! I have built several Lego houses, but they turned out bad. I'm amazed that she built that. It looks similar to what a Lego designer would build.​

• Like 1

It's quite possible that women are intimidated by some inappropriate and immature behavior by the male population on the site. I would suggest that if you want threads like this to continue, that topics and posts remain mature and civil.

​So learning the whole "quote" thing. Anyhow, I am not sure it's from inappropriateness or immature behavior. I am very new to the site, however, I am female in my 30's and have been collecting since I was a kid. Had a dark period in my teens until early twenties, then started collecting again, then went back to school, then became broke, and now I am collecting again and have been for the past few years. I think honestly it's just there are not that many women who collect. I do think that Lego is doing a good job to attract younger girls. But, out of all the women I know, I am the only Lego collector in real life that I know. I personally am not afraid of inappropriate or immature behavior. I have been around, and some would say I have lived it. Or that I am living it... either way. I appreciate the idea of remaining mature and civil, however we all do like our laughs. :)

• Like 1

That house your daughter built is awesome! I have built several Lego houses, but they turned out bad. I'm amazed that she built that. It looks similar to what a Lego designer would build.​

​Thank you Martin, I will show her your comment :) , she will like it. Actually there is more to see inside the house and its a modular house. She used to watch a good house builder channel on Youtube and then she asked me to buy her a load of white bricks (mostly 1x4) + a load of 45 degrees red slops (mostly 2x4). 

​I agree, your daughter is very gifted BloxBH! Welcome to the forums!

• Like 1