• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

Looks like I 'forgot' to add my post to this topic here, while I've been active on the BP forum since early September. I did make an introduction post though:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/14910-greetings-from-the-netherlands/ :) 

Since early September I've been buying a lot more LEGO till now, with my latest purchase a 75101 First Order Tie Fighter to be picked up later today. 

Like @Brenner already mentioned as well, the interest rate that banks offer on savings here is less than 1%. Which means that Savings put into the commonly (by Brickpickers on this forum) chosen Lego sets is a more or less guaranteed way to get a higher interest on your money than keeping it dormant at the bank! :P 

Since I came out of my Lego Dark Ages I've bought and built these five sets now:

VW T1 Camper, Mini Cooper, Ferrari F40, Wall-E and the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium.

Other sets I bought I'm keeping MISB until I either sell them for a nice profit, or decide to build them myself some years down the line. Time will tell. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.  I'm a 38 year old mother of a 3-year old girl and a 1-year old boy in the Boston suburbs.  I grew up playing with my brother's space and castle legos, I had one piece of girl hair that let me play princess and girl astronaut.  My husband got me the elves ship for my birthday and I am totally enthralled by both the elves and disney princess lines.  I think they will have strong investment value in the future.  I am planning to buy and hold around 5k in sealed legos and signed up to do some research.

• Like 2

Hi all

Been lurking here for a while so decided to join in the fun.

Built a Technic set a few months ago and started getting back into LEGO again after a 27 year hiatus. It's never too late! lol

Not really a big investor but bought a few flagship sets for squirreling away to hopefully cover the cost of what I will spend on my personal collection.

Hey all,

New to this site 38 years, was a big lego fan back in the days! Got the futuron monorail (only not in mint condition ;-) ). Now father of two boys (4 and 6 y/o) who are into lego as well! Because of the back in the game and now an afol I guess. Also getting certified on Lego Serious Play Facilitation next month also looking into investment in bricks.

Happy new year to all!

Hello everyone. I love this site!!!!  47 year old dad of two boys (9 and 5)  from New Jersey.  I always loved Lego and have come back to them over the last couple of years as my sons interests have grown.  My wife and I are both teachers and I run a STEM program on Saturday mornings where we use the Lego Mindstorm products.  Just found this site on Christmas as my boys and I were building our Lego holiday haul.  Right now the boys are battling over the Hulkbuster Smash set.  Probably going to have to pick up another one of those.  

I just started investing with a little extra money. But I never considered Lego as an investment source before. I have a couple of sets and was hoping to discover a little more about this community. I'm a 39 year old male in Utah who is just trying to understand a little more about this world. Thanks for all the people who have created this community!

• Like 1

I am a (57 year old) female Legomaniac. Have loved Lego since I was a little girl. I only wish I had known that one day I would invest in Lego and I would have started earlier. My disadvantage is (and don't hold this against me) I am not a Star Wars fan. I know, I can hear the collective 'WHAT?' as I type this. I like reading the forums they are very helpful for this old gal. Keep up the good work Brickpicker. I also live in Utah. Hello neighbor (dellojoio).

Edited by lkkillian
Wanted to add something
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lkkillian said:

I am a (57 year old) female Legomaniac. Have loved Lego since I was a little girl. I only wish I had known that one day I would invest in Lego and I would have started earlier. My disadvantage is (and don't hold this against me) I am not a Star Wars fan. I know, I can hear the collective 'WHAT?' as I type this. I like reading the forums they are very helpful for this old gal. Keep up the good work Brickpicker. I also live in Utah. Hello neighbor (dellojoio).

Welcome to the site. If you don't want us to hold it against you, you will just have to start being a star wars fan ;)

• Like 1

Hey fellas, early thirties male here. I've always loved Lego. My aunt used to take me to Lego competitions when I was young...I built a nice air traffic control tower when I was nine. I can't say I've had too dark a period...as an adult I've bought a few architecture sets and my wife bought  the new the VW camper van when it came out.  We love the city sets- police and arctic right now and of course Scooby Doo!!! And I have random technic and creator vehicle sets. However, my for year old son has given me Lego fever, lol. Unfortunately for investing, I'm stuck overseas in Guam, but the Navy Exchange matches all prices and no tax, so this could get interesting. Right now I'm mainly a builder and player...my son has been demanding me make him a tie fighter, death star and recently at-at...all rudimentary MOCs so far, but I am going to get into some modulars for display and some more MOC along three lines of technic and an American  football stadium. Investing is a real possibility though, but I may need to stick to smaller sets due to shipping costs and limited selection of sets local. Anyway, thanks for reading.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSentry said:

Hey fellas, early thirties male here. I've always loved Lego. My aunt used to take me to Lego competitions when I was young...I built a nice air traffic control tower when I was nine. I can't say I've had too dark a period...as an adult I've bought a few architecture sets and my wife bought  the new the VW camper van when it came out.  We love the city sets- police and arctic right now and of course Scooby Doo!!! And I have random technic and creator vehicle sets. However, my for year old son has given me Lego fever, lol. Unfortunately for investing, I'm stuck overseas in Guam, but the Navy Exchange matches all prices and no tax, so this could get interesting. Right now I'm mainly a builder and player...my son has been demanding me make him a tie fighter, death star and recently at-at...all rudimentary MOCs so far, but I am going to get into some modulars for display and some more MOC along three lines of technic and an American  football stadium. Investing is a real possibility though, but I may need to stick to smaller sets due to shipping costs and limited selection of sets local. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service.

• Like 1

Hi everybody.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I'm 39 years old and my son has given me the licence to rekindle my love for Lego after a 25 year absence.

Having my own money to buy sets is an added bonus too!

I will be asking many questions of you over the next few weeks/months/years so would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster from Colorado. Just wanted to give a long overdue thank you to the Macks and everyone else involved with this site on a regular basis. I came out of my Dark Ages thanks to the LOTR sets and have been expanding my interests into whatever looks interesting to me. I've since managed to get  a complete collection of LOTR, Hobbit, Agents and Ultra Agents (yeah, I know they suck as investments, but they are just so darn cool to me).

Thanks to your insights and advice, I've managed to collect a lot of Lego at fraction of what MSRP would have cost. As I joke with a friend, I'm rich on discounts but poor on money :) I'm no reseller, just a collector and builder, and now I've been introducing my two daughters (4 and 6) to my hobby (elves and classic brick sets for them).

Thanks again for all the effort everyone here puts into the site. This is a great group of folks with a phenomenal wealth of knowledge to share if one is willing to listen.

• Like 2

Hello Brick Pickers.

(Stands up)

My Name is Chris and I am a Brickaholic.  It has been less than 2 hours since I last purchased Lego(Monster Minifigure)

I am 48 and recently began building Lego again with my almost 9 yr old Daughter. She had a girl set that we have played off and on for a few years but in December we discovered Simpsons Minifigures and Monster Minifigures at the local stores.  We were hooked.  Christmas I have purchased The Lego Movie Batman andgry kitty attack block, the Lego Movie double decker couch, The Hobbit ,Witch-king Battle, The Hobbit attack on Lake town, The Hobbit Lonely Mountain, City Snow Plow Truck, City Service truck(the port potty was the draw for us LOL), Santas Workshop, The Hobbit Dol Guldur Ambush, and many many minifigures. I also purchased 5 pounds of used bricks from a local seller group at a very reasonable price. Today I was lucky to get a copy of The Hobbit Unexpected Gathering form a Member of this forum, which is how I found out about the forum.  So, long and short of it, the dark ages are now light.

I look forward to reading and learning from the members of this forum.

Hi, I'm a New Yorker who has kind of dabbled in investing for the past year or so.  I discovered investing by accident--  I had two Lego sets my son never opened (they were gifts from a birthday party and he already had plenty of Lego).  Finally got around to listing them on eBay a year later, and holy cow... I was able to sell them for quite a bit more than I expected!  Looked them up and they had been retired.  That was my lightbulb moment, and now I try to keep up with the Lego scene and occasionally buy/sell.