• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

If 29.88% of us are male and 3.46% of us are female according to the poll, then what are the other 2/3's? :)

​I think the poll percentages are based on ALL answers including non-gender. Thus if you multiplied 30% by 3 you'd have 90% and 3.4% by 3 you'd have 10%. Giving you 100% total. There's your answer. Out of 10, 1 woman 9 men.

• 1 month later...

New to the investing hobby, but mainly started as a collector (began with Star Wars, has since expanded to LOTR/Hobbit, and all things Space, which is what got me into LEGO at a very young age in the late '70s).   Found too many retired sets on shelves when I was hunting for bargains, and that turned me into an investor because I grabbed sets that I wouldn't normally buy because the secondary market price was in some cases double the price of what I was staring at on the shelf (first such set was 79003 - long since retired, picked it up for retail price).   But I think I'm more of a hoarder at the moment because I have yet to sell anything even though I've opened a Bricklink store (after buying several thousand bricks to build 10179) and have a long-standing (over 15 years now) E-bay account with 100% positive buyer/seller feedback.   I am ready once I decide to part ways with some of the sets.

I lurk in the Houston, TX area.

Hey there guys. Just your average Lego geek here. 34 yr old Cub from Boston, MA now living in NC.  I have loved Legos since I was about 3 years old, have been building ever since. There was a time growing up I stopped as I was told I was getting too old. As an adult, I have started buying more difficult high-end items, mainly Star Wars. I love them! 

hi there from Germany. 41 yr old male, married 1 girl 6yrs old. dark ages until 2013. bought grand emporium after seeing this in an ad. until then i got mad about lego. now i have instagram with over 5k followers. a facebook site and spent lots of money in lego. collecting star wars minifigs and build own mocs and old creator buildings.

greetinx from germany

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 40 year old guy (still haven't quite gotten used to saying that) with a wife, no kids.  Been collecting lego since my wife (then girlfriend) brought home 7283 for me, and I've been hooked since.  Far and away my favorite theme going is the Winter Village line, followed by the Simpsons, Star Wars, CMFs, Architecture...and anything else that catches my eye.  

Hello,

I'm a rare bird in that I'm female.  I have two sons who are just getting into the Lego phase of childhood.  Playing with them has rekindled the joy I once felt as a child building Legos.  I've been fighting the desire to buy Lego sets for myself and have begun losing that battle.  The Lego Creator houses and shops, Minifigures, and Elves are calling to me.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm a rare bird in that I'm female.  I have two sons who are just getting into the Lego phase of childhood.  Playing with them has rekindled the joy I once felt as a child building Legos.  I've been fighting the desire to buy Lego sets for myself and have begun losing that battle.  The Lego Creator houses and shops, Minifigures, and Elves are calling to me.

Welcome!

Don't fight it, it's a losing battle. :)

• Like 1

Hello,

Sounds similar. It seems Lego hunts us while we are offering it our kids :-)

Been a collector of toys since I was a kid. I've dabbled in action figures, Japanese toys, die cast, varoius sci-fi toys, Nerf blasters, and Lego.  I'm more a collector and try to find deals whenever I can.  On occasion  I'll purge parts of my toy ollection to make room and get money to put into something else that interests me.  With Lego I try to keep a pulse on what's trending so that I can prioritize what I buy now and what I can put off at a later time.  Also, I try to track down where the deals are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Mark here.  38 years old.  Loved Star Wars Legos as a kid and have decided to get back into them as my kid is now getting to the age that she likes putting them together.  Her first real set was the Lego Ice Castle from frozen.  We are also big fans of the Lego movies ;)  There is something enchanting about sticking little bricks together until they make something cool.  Probably the reason I quit being a teacher to get into construction ;)  Anyway, glad to have found you all.

• Like 1

Hi

never introduced myself so I apologize ahead of time. I am 35 from Illinois and I've gotten back into Legos when I saw the cafe corner two or three after its retirement so that was my first project and I haven't looked past since. My main focuses is superheroes, modulars, Lego movie and anything dealing with zombies and monsters. I think you all are an awesome bunch and I am appreciative of all the help. 

48 year old engineer from Arizona. I have been a Lego Mindstorms enthusiast for a long time. Have used the RCX, NXT, and EV3 versions. I have facilitated programs for middle school students over the last 15 years.

I have a few Lego Mindstorms NXT (9797) version 95 education base kits that I would like to sell and am trying to figure out how to do it... I have some unused NEW kits and some used kits. Love this site!

48 year old engineer from Arizona. I have been a Lego Mindstorms enthusiast for a long time. Have used the RCX, NXT, and EV3 versions. I have facilitated programs for middle school students over the last 15 years.

I have a few Lego Mindstorms NXT (9797) version 95 education base kits that I would like to sell and am trying to figure out how to do it... I have some unused NEW kits and some used kits. Love this site!

Your best bet is brick classifieds which is a service through this site, eBay, amazon and Craigslist are  also options.