LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

need to start doing gwps for the overall points level you hit,  free something at every million tier.  
I've begged them to implement a tiered system for a long time...reward their big spenders...give us more incentive to keep spending! Frustrating when 18 year old Billy with a brand new account gets the same 'benefits' as seasoned veteran Raven who's sitting on thousands of points at any given time. Only makes sense to me...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

I've begged them to implement a tiered system for a long time...reward their big spenders...give us more incentive to keep spending! Frustrating when 18 year old Billy with a brand new account gets the same 'benefits' as seasoned veteran Raven who's sitting on thousands of points at any given time. Only makes sense to me...

You really think they care about "big spenders" or seasoned veterans?  No....they just ban us.

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

yeah something tier leveled would be nice,  nothing to crazy but would be easy to do ,  they do stuff for employees after each year.    Never worried about a ban,  they can see the points,  have always been able to even under the old system.  They took the time to come up with a system to reward you points for tracking your sets so could easily do tier points promos. 

was averaging a million a year or so since the new system started and this year didn't do near as much for a variety of reasons but mainly the gwps weren't very good.

Least they seem to have let up on the hard limits on a lot of products online now,  done 3-4 batches of limit 5 the last 2 months on most the good sale sets and haven't had any cancelled this year.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

yeah something tier leveled would be nice,  nothing to crazy but would be easy to do ,  they do stuff for employees after each year.    Never worried about a ban,  they can see the points,  have always been able to even under the old system.  They took the time to come up with a system to reward you points for tracking your sets so could easily do tier points promos. 

was averaging a million a year or so since the new system started and this year didn't do near as much for a variety of reasons but mainly the gwps weren't very good.

Least they seem to have let up on the hard limits on a lot of products online now,  done 3-4 batches of limit 5 the last 2 months on most the good sale sets and haven't had any cancelled this year.  

Set limits and rewarding high spenders seem to contradict.

Aside from their strange stance on reselling, I get the impression from talking with different people in Lego over the years that they don't want to do anything that makes anyone feel left out.

You're just fortunate they let you buy as much Lego as you do in your area.  

Edited by gmpirate

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

The box.

A LOT of people missed out on this set and this will be a more affordable way for them to add it to their collection. Plus it is a great series of 4 sets that will all connect and display beautifully. Ninjago fans, Collectors and completionists got get them all.

LEGO-Ninjago-Micro-Ninjago-City-40703-Preview-3.jpg

• Like 3

The article (or someone I forget) made an interesting point IMO that to get enough points to get all 4 GWPs, you’d be able to use that same $ amount to buy all 4 actual sets (even the retired ones at todays prices)… probably doesn’t come to mind for most folks either way

• Sad 1

My point is that if Lego actually put this out as a set on the shelves it doesn't even look like $50 worth of Lego, also no minifigures or unique parts, likely be able to build this from pick a brick for much less. What people want to pay for a carboard box is another story. But maybe it has more to it than what the picture says or maybe it will really only be 20-$25 vip like the architecture world wonders set which it seems to be more proportional to.

Edited by Billy Brick
typos
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

The article (or someone I forget) made an interesting point IMO that to get enough points to get all 4 GWPs, you’d be able to use that same $ amount to buy all 4 actual sets (even the retired ones at todays prices)… probably doesn’t come to mind for most folks either way

I read that as well. 2X VIP destroys that argument and so does the fact that you will still have $4K worth of Lego on hand to obtain the VIP points, but even so I would rather have $4K worth of Lego sets and all 4 GWP than just the 4 sets whose RRP is $1,250 but maybe my math is off. Hopefully, there was an issue with translation, point/yuan conversion, accuracy or all and in the USA they will be a GWP with $250 spend or 3250 points. I guess we will find out for sure by the 17th if not sooner.  

16 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

My point is that if Lego actually put this out as a set on the shelves it doesn't even look like $50 worth of Lego, also no minifigures or unique parts, likely be able to build this from pick a brick for much less. What people want to pay for a carboard box is another story. But maybe it has more to it than what the picture says or maybe it will really only be 20-$25 vip like the architecture world wonders set which it seems to be more proportional to.

Oh, if there was an Exclusive Golden minifigure in each one that would really make a difference. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I read that as well. 2X VIP destroys that argument and so does the fact that you will still have $4K worth of Lego on hand to obtain the VIP points, but even so I would rather have $4K worth of Lego sets and all 4 GWP than just the 4 sets whose RRP is $1,250 but maybe my math is off. Hopefully, there was an issue with translation, point/yuan conversion, accuracy or all and in the USA they will be a GWP with $250 spend or 3250 points. I guess we will find out for sure by the 17th if not sooner.  

Oh, if there was an Exclusive Golden minifigure in each one that would really make a difference. 

I didnt say that.

36 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

also no minifigures

5 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

I didnt say that.

Oh, I thought you did? At least that is what I was referring to in you post that I quoted. 

Anyway, we should all just wait and see it is out of our control to be stressing over.