LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

the more you need to write "limited edition" on something.......

Geez, next thing, you're going to tell me that my prized Franklin Mint plate set isn't really a collector's item.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, lebrick said:

With flower shop seemingly “coming back” after being sold out, what do you guys think of the set 40712 coming back later this year like the limited classic sets from last year.

Release a few, let it sit a bit on the aftermarket to drive up FOMO, then release the big wave of it knowing buyers are salivating. Seems like standard procedure at this point. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2024 at 3:38 AM, lebrick said:

With flower shop seemingly “coming back” after being sold out, what do you guys think of the set 40712 coming back later this year like the limited classic sets from last year.

I’m thinking the 2024 summer city drop would be the perfect timing for it to make a comeback. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

It was going for as low at $39 shipped on eBay when I looked yesterday, that's like a 5$ profit all said and done.

Yep, saw that too, but that’s the pre-sold out price. Once it sells out, would we see a spike in price for such an iconic related set?

39 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Yep, saw that too, but that’s the pre-sold out price. Once it sells out, would we see a spike in price for such an iconic related set?

My thing is will it EVER sell out? Look Wonders of the World "Limited Edition" is back now for a FOURTH time. I am just going for the complete set of the Ninjago City GWPs and don't think I will do two sets. 

This years D2C Nijago set sounds similar to Temple of Airjitsu but with a Dragon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

Printed DND book for 2,700 points is live a few minutes early, over in the Rewards section....

Take family and friends on an adventure! This official game booklet transforms the LEGO® Ideas Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon’s Tale set (21348) into a playable game of D&D. The 18-page adventure was custom crafted by the D&D game architects at Wizards of the Coast and includes classic creatures re-imagined for LEGO® play. 2,700 points. LEGO® Insiders membership required. While supplies last.

18 pages.. thats $1.11 a page!

3 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

Take family and friends on an adventure! This official game booklet transforms the LEGO® Ideas Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon’s Tale set (21348) into a playable game of D&D. The 18-page adventure was custom crafted by the D&D game architects at Wizards of the Coast and includes classic creatures re-imagined for LEGO® play. 2,700 points. LEGO® Insiders membership required. While supplies last.

18 pages.. thats $1.11 a page!

I downloaded the free version of the DnD book. Zero points to redeem in rewards. Its 20 pages but 2 pages are the cover and back so I'm assuming its the exact same thing just in print version

Placed my order at 0:02 EDT and my items are In Warehouse, except the Mimic Dice Box, which is still marked as "In Process". Chatted with CS about it and got this answer:

image.png.7dd2db44222c9023efdf863b63782bba.png

Hopefully that is true, otherwise I will be returning the set ....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm in the same boat and just called CS. According to them, they still have stock for the Mimic in the warehouse and according to the system my copy has been confirmed and set aside.  For whatever reason, it just hasn't been updated in the system as added to the order yet, but they see no reason why it wouldn't be.

Like you, I hope it's true or it's going back...

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 4:06 AM, Pseudoty said:

Same.

They also have the minifigure factory available in the USA limit 1 per account for $11.99

https://www.lego.com/en-us/minifigure-factory

minifigure factory is back. it said not available for me yesterday. also, like I'm hearing from others here,  my DND set and book say in warehouse, mimic box in process, flower shipped.  not sure when it happened but i checked yesterday evening and mimic box didn't add to cart. and DND set on backorder today.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:51 PM, thedingman5 said:

Printed DND book for 2,700 points is live a few minutes early, over in the Rewards section....

On 3/31/2024 at 11:59 PM, ponderingzissou said:

I downloaded the free version of the DnD book. Zero points to redeem in rewards. Its 20 pages but 2 pages are the cover and back so I'm assuming its the exact same thing just in print version

I just priced out printing the PDF version using Staples (option "Booklets"). $15.88 pre-tax & shipping for 8.5x11 (one size smaller wasn't much cheaper), Standard white paper inside with a glossy cover. Delivery is $8.99, but I think that is independent of how many copies you order. 

If you do Basic paper for all pages you can pick up in-store for $14.38 pre-tax.

I'm sure some of you know cheaper options.

• Like 1

My order still says in warehouse including the minifigure factory with the custom printing on it hoping it does not delay shipping as I presold the Minifigures from the set for $160. 

Edited by Pseudoty