LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 2/15/2024 at 6:49 AM, Pseudoty said:

So based on availability, I am predicting endless

Doh!

6 hours ago, HollyS said:

Isn't this supposed to be available for the general public on the 19th with $200 in purchases?

Yes, if this holds up we will finally have a Tier 5. Maybe the Lego IT guy is still sleeping?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I'm starting to have a moment of weakness... Does anyone know what their local store stock looks like or what the associates are saying? @ravenb99

Starting to see eBay auction prices move up.

Just called my "local" lego store they have 15 left.

I placed 3 orders and only 1 GWP has shipped so far. 

ETA: "Not currently available" 

Define "Currently"

Capture.PNG

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I'm starting to have a moment of weakness... Does anyone know what their local store stock looks like or what the associates are saying? @ravenb99

Starting to see eBay auction prices move up.

supposed to start back up tomorrow but most stores don't have any or are low.  Supposed to know more later.

as always 100% be back.  Remember disney 100 and sell while high

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, this is a new one for me.  I'm making the purchase and the cashier starts to grab my GWP and he stops and says "wait, have you got one before?".  I'm like "no" and then he proceeds to scan through his phone.  Then says "it says here you have received one before".  It's a not store I frequent a lot and I had not previously been in since the promotion so there was nothing to inspire a check.  Of course its always been a policy of "one per household" but I've never experienced this before.  My wife bought something from another cashier without incident so I think most cashiers are not enforcing it and he was just new.  Very disappointing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Micro Rocket, @ravenb99 nickname in college, were 34R3 from store and 25R3 from online. So they made at least 20K a while ago. The Brick Dude “Abides” sure has no issues with getting plenty of them over 70 and counting is impressive. 

its not about the size of your rocket,  its about how you use it.  As long as you achieve blast off and avoid failure to launch its all good...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

It's starting to cross the chasm to Tier 1 price point status. Praying this thing gets re-released for the Medieval Market drop.

I'll be the first to admit that Classic Space fans are a bit nuts.  Recall how popular the Benny's Space Squad set was when it was first released.

• Like 1

Well they lowered the buy in from $250 to $200 so will be an easy pickup with Snow White or Medieval Town Square starting March 1st. There will be 3 more stores this year I predict Bakery, Pizza and Juice/Coffee, Toy store would be nice as a Wild Card. 

Will these help Series 1?

Still no update on the Ninjago City set. It would be great to get it with points at the same time. 

promo-march-1st-promo-info-40680-flower-shop-part-of-a-new-v0-er74vocs58kc1.webp

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Well they lowered the buy in from $250 to $200 so will be an easy pickup with Snow White or Medieval Town Square starting March 1st. There will be 3 more stores this year I predict Bakery, Pizza and Juice/Coffee, Toy store would be nice as a Wild Card. 

Will these help Series 1?

Still no update on the Ninjago City set. It would be great to get it with points at the same time. 

promo-march-1st-promo-info-40680-flower-shop-part-of-a-new-v0-er74vocs58kc1.webp

I have the first set of 4 thought they would be rare.  Not excited about $800 for the next 4.  I’d rather spend $1000 for the 4 ninjago’s lol.

Edited by starwarsxpress
  • Like 1

@Pseudoty Thanks for the alert on Ninjago City!

We have a new section of rewards for submitting a 25-second homemade Star Wars movie. Looks like they're all digital rewards save for the Film Festival Poster -- I believe that's a physical poster you get along with a digital "Wallpaper"? I'm down. Been trying to find the motivation to do my first full-length stop animation clip and this might do it. Kill two birds with one stone.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/star-wars/lego-star-wars-anniversary

image.thumb.png.b40abee72748b4f2a1bc52c2f6a6d1b1.png

image.png.0e79713e69db51a1ae186aeccf35617b.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

thanks pseudoty got mine : )

seems better than the 6500 vip points or whatever it was in China

any guesses how long we have to save up points for the next one ?

I would guess April 1

Not sure but if it was April 1st I would think we would have seen pics by now so probably June 1st. 

Retail Me Not has 10% CB up to $50 per order.