LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

11 hours ago, spener90 said:

I appreciate that these gimmicks have largely appeared to be rejected by everyone. 

I ordered the scarf at half off lol.  mine is for keeps though.  also another worlds of wonder, a castle and some cash vouchers to apply to sets.  I think at one time scarf's were limit 5 then back down to limit 1 then the sale.  it is interesting that all of the keychains, most license plates and the scarf are all gone from the rewards page.  did they sell out from the rush on the orders for these ?

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

The Majistos Magical Workshop and WInter Market Stall promos are a bit of a race to the bottom on Amazon.  You might net 13 to 14.00 on WInter Stall Promo and Majisto's is going for around 29 before fees.  I expected better on those.  

Unfortunately for me I would rather keep 5 classic castle remakes than sell them for the price of a cheap 30$ lego set.

49 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Underwhelmed 

IMG_4196.jpeg

I feared the same and wasn't going to open the box. However, I believe we can reposition this thing correctly. This is not a castle for medieval adults but makes perfect sense as a medieval rich kid's playground. I'm going to put it in the Lion King's Castle, so the King's son can have some fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dennugsmello said:

Does the microfig on the left look any good? Looking for a silver lining.

What I should actually Open it or something 🤣 

It is printed but will have to see how it looks up close in person. 

1 hour ago, Billy Brick said:

what did you think was gonna happen?

That if you rub the box it turns into a big castle ;) 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

I don't get it, a lot of the GWPs are better than some of the sets but they sell under what the MSRP is even though they are more limited. Just tells me there are too many investors that don't actually value Lego.

Back many years ago, gwp sets like gingerbread house and holiday train would easily go up in value and sell for over 50.00.  It was a race up and was not the race to the bottom we see today.  Majistos dropped to under 30 today.  Winter market stall is under 12 after fees.  

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

Back many years ago, gwp sets like gingerbread house and holiday train would easily go up in value and sell for over 50.00.  It was a race up and was not the race to the bottom we see today.  Majistos dropped to under 30 today.  Winter market stall is under 12 after fees.  

they still never went up the current year,  it was always down , they just started higher and ended lower and then the following year would go back up.

Both these GWPs are also the worst holiday ones in a long time.  One isn't even Xmas related and the other one has hanging penises for decor.  Only thing odd about these is the buy in being so high and them running out in most stores day 1 and one of them online very early and still sucking.

Only ones that went up this year for time being all came back down drastically after re releasing,  disney 100 being the biggest offender,  hit 90-95 after they ran out the first time only to wind up in the 30's after re release

Ah I miss my old GWP building creations

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Carriage1.webp

carriage2.webp

bauble.webp

well looks like promo bricks is reporting 40603 Euro 150 and 40604 Euro 70 respectively for gwp purchase levels to get them so think that will be $150 us and $70 us.  Looking at the article those ornaments look extremely small.  Did anyone else get the rewards center bauble ? I did it is very very small.  I was expecting a full size traditional bauble ornament.  it looks like about one fourth the normal size : )

I've spent a lot in November with all the lego sales so I may have to hold off on these and buy them in mid to late December or January when sales for them slow and ebay gwp prices are at their lowest.  Down to $37.50 on 40601 and $25 on 40602 on ebay.  Of course Amazon has 40601 at $33 and 40602 at $17.  Who would have expected ebay would be higher than amazon.  Surely these new ones with a $150 buy in instead of $250 will go lower.  Love 40603.  40604 want one for the collection not excited about it.  They look a little too small for those Charlie Brown little Christmas trees.  Perhaps the perspective is wrong I am seeing and they are bigger than I am thinking : )

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Gingerbread house was stagnant then it was on Oprah and went ballistic. I think the carriage ride has some potential as people will want to add it to their city’s but don’t see it sustaining above $50. 

Might be a good time to pickup the Ghost for $159 and get both. 

House 4 should be returning at some point in December as well. 

• Like 1

So want a 40603 and 40604 GWP

was thinking about buying on ebay or brick link but prices are too high and quantities are not going up too much

i spent the rest of my budget for the year over Black Friday

wondering if it’s best just to spend $150 and get them free or give it more time if only it was at 40601 40602 prices lol it would be easy : )

20 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

Is there any rumor of double points coming up? If memory serves, we’ve gotten double points in a small window with the December GWPs overlapping. I’d like to get one of the carriage sets, but I’d rather wait for double points if it’s coming.

I was whispered next weekend from a store employee but IDK if I would chance missing getting at least one carriage by waiting.