LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, joch29 said:

I probably should know this already, but if you bought your limit of a certain item in the past 2 years. Can you use these coupon to get 1 more?

Limits usually reset at some point.  Wouldn't worry about 2 years ago.  I started a new spreadsheet of purchases this weekend (disregarding all previous purchases) and did not have an issue reordering sets.

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

AS, City Gardens and Clam Shell went fast. They have extended the sale through Monday. 

Gunship code and set never became available. You would think they would not have promoted that one if they new no more inventory or BO possible. 

I’m not sure if I’m reading into this too much, but extending sales isn’t usually an indication that “things are moving so fast we had to add on a day.”

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

AS, City Gardens and Clam Shell went fast. They have extended the sale through Monday. 

interesting enough its the coupons that are gone the sets are still in stock and not on backorder

wonder how many coupons people claimed whether they are used or not

is the only set out of stock pooh excluding the gunship of course and of all the 3x and 4x they are all in stock but the bmw is ship 12/1 and the Harry Potter is ship in 60 days

19 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I’m not sure if I’m reading into this too much, but extending sales isn’t usually an indication that “things are moving so fast we had to add on a day.”

sounds like a bit of economy adding the day on.  yeah the site had problems Friday but normally this sale doesn't start till midnight Saturday morning and it took off pretty well shortly after midnight.  So I think its there is more of everything to move than has been sold so add a day on

Edited by starwarsxpress

so there are a lot of Black Friday pages with things like Star Wars and the razor crest and lots of dioramas, and city with the space sets etc.  are they implying that all of the items listed will be on sale next weekend ? I find that hard to believe they will have as much on sale as they have listed on the web site that says nothing about them being on sale or than these are things you can buy

anyone know what will be happening

4 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

so there are a lot of Black Friday pages with things like Star Wars and the razor crest and lots of dioramas, and city with the space sets etc.  are they implying that all of the items listed will be on sale next weekend ? I find that hard to believe they will have as much on sale as they have listed on the web site that says nothing about them being on sale or than these are things you can buy

anyone know what will be happening

My guess would be to see most of those sets listed at discounts.  Usually the discounts are not as good as you can get at target or walmart, but if they have a good promo it's usually worth buying, if you plan on selling the promo.  Sometimes you'll see discounted blowouts on exclusives too.  

Personally, i'm sort of surprised not as many sets went out of stock over the last 24 hours.  Usually, theres a higher volume of retiring sets that get sold out.  Some sets that I thought would be sold out early this morning are still in stock.  

46 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

My guess would be to see most of those sets listed at discounts.  Usually the discounts are not as good as you can get at target or walmart, but if they have a good promo it's usually worth buying, if you plan on selling the promo.  Sometimes you'll see discounted blowouts on exclusives too.  

Personally, i'm sort of surprised not as many sets went out of stock over the last 24 hours.  Usually, theres a higher volume of retiring sets that get sold out.  Some sets that I thought would be sold out early this morning are still in stock.  

If they were discounted without the 1x limit they probably would have disappeared.

• Like 1

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything (I do have the codes). Given how long Assembly Square has been on the market, is it even worth considering it an 'investment' at this point? Especially since it was a victim of the price hikes last year.

Alternatively, there's the Blacksmith Shop...also victim of the price hike, but a much shorter run time (2 years?)

32 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything (I do have the codes). Given how long Assembly Square has been on the market, is it even worth considering it an 'investment' at this point? Especially since it was a victim of the price hikes last year.

Alternatively, there's the Blacksmith Shop...also victim of the price hike, but a much shorter run time (2 years?)

There's much better deals out there than considering one AS.  just sayin . . .

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

The rumoured GWP for the upcoming Modular History Museum...

Have they been historically tied to purchasing actual Modular or has it been a $$$ threshold in which any purchase qualifies?

Trying to decide to preorder with any BF promos would be wise or wait...  Not an investor... Collector...

The last 2 years the tied in GWP has not been available until February not on January 1st and it was with any purchase. 

ETA:  Vintage Taxi 1/28/2022 Moving Truck 2/10/2023

1/1/2021 Vintage Car

There is another holiday set GWP of 3 ornaments. 40604 Xmas Decor.  

Edited by Pseudoty

5 hours ago, wegj15 said:

Has anyone successfully submitted a Target receipt from online to get VIP points? Any tips? Every time I've done it I've been denied. Thanks

I haven’t done any since 8/30 so thanks for the reminder. I just did a bunch so will see if any fail but I just go to Target online order history and generate an invoice. On my iPad I have to hold it lengthwise to capture the order # and total on the same print screen. Then I just upload the photo. Hope that made sense tired after that Eagles win last night.