LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 9/25/2023 at 10:38 PM, starwarsxpress said:

hey @Pseudoty what do you think will be worth more long term the disney 100 set with the mickey minifigure or the steamboat willie with the steamboat willie minifigure ? 

Not sure, there was a lot of good opportunities to load up on the 100 set (5 X Pooh, 3 X Camera, 2 X Villains, the 30% off BHZ and more) will have to see what steamboat brings. 

I really liked the Flower Pot because of the Botanical completionists. I think that and the DS 2 were the last GWP I went deep on. 

House 4 looks great and is what I was hoping for but not sure if good enough to save that series. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

The cap comes with an old-school trifecta of patches -- Bionicle, Blacktron, and Castle. But it's a hat and at 4,000 points, I'm hesitating. This just dropped. Thoughts?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/insiders/rewards

image.png.dc2840286ca0bf8ca6769fa6a7295d9c.png

cringy to me.  I love LEGO and all, but who wears a LEGO hat?  or is this just a collectible you put on your shelf for display?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

The cap comes with an old-school trifecta of patches -- Bionicle, Blacktron, and Castle. But it's a hat and at 4,000 points, I'm hesitating. This just dropped. Thoughts?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/insiders/rewards

image.png.dc2840286ca0bf8ca6769fa6a7295d9c.png

$30 in points for a hat and a few patches...? Nearly double the price of the other hats in the Rewards Center? Not seeing the deal here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

$30 in points for a hat and a few patches...? Nearly double the price of the other hats in the Rewards Center? Not seeing the deal here.

I was thinking the same about the $30, but that's only looking at it from one side. I've sold a few Rewards in the past and asked a few questions to my buyers. What I found out is that they see it from another angle -- they would have to spend $615 (for example) on LEGO in order to get enough points to buy this cap. Instead of spending $615, they'd prefer to save money and buy the cap from me directly for much less. 

The Reward does say that they'll be releasing more patches for the hat, which concerns me because the patches will be worthless without the hat. Therefore the hat may be overproduced but the following patches to be released may be limited, so those may be worth more.

ps: most AFOLs are complete dorks and love this type of swag. Still, I don't think this would be worth more than $50 and Majisto, a real reward, will be released in November 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I was thinking the same about the $30, but that's only looking at it from one side. I've sold a few Rewards in the past and asked a few questions to my buyers. What I found out is that they see it from another angle -- they would have to spend $615 (for example) on LEGO in order to get enough points to buy this cap. Instead of spending $615, they'd prefer to save money and buy the cap from me directly for much less. 

The Reward does say that they'll be releasing more patches for the hat, which concerns me because the patches will be worthless without the hat. Therefore the hat may be overproduced but the following patches to be released may be limited, so those may be worth more.

ps: most AFOLs are complete dorks and love this type of swag. Still, I don't think this would be worth more than $50 and Majisto, a real reward, will be released in November 

I am a dork, but this type of swag is less appealing to me then just making the patches themselves available, like they did with the coins and the ISS and Lunar Lander a few years back.

From the other side, I do see the value in buying direct from you as I'd rather save my points for a purchase than the swag in this case. Hopefully we'll see what the additional patches look like before the hat goes out of stock... And yes, there are far better rewards like Majisto coming out soon...

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 8:12 AM, jaybinx73 said:

cringy to me.  I love LEGO and all, but who wears a LEGO hat?  or is this just a collectible you put on your shelf for display?

I got the space one last year and it didn't fit right to me, and I'm a Dad-hat wearer. I think if it fit well I'd have kept it and put it in the rotation, but it didn't so I sold it for like $45 shipped on eBay. Pretty good for ~$19 worth of points. This patch hat has too much structure for me, so I'll pass.

On another note I finally redeemed my code for my rocketship ride last week after getting the code in early June, got it no problem.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

hope lego is $100 applicable spend

According to Brickset, the threshold for this GWP will be higher than the current Scary Pirate set, so I imagine it will also be $150 via LEGO. A Thai store first revealed info, and the Steamboat is free with 5000THB, or around $137. Scary Pirate was 3500 THB...

• Like 1

Looks like Disney will have a big problem on there hands regarding these promos. Hardly anyone in the uk or germany are receiving them with there orders. I placed my order just after they were on the site and haven't got one despite it being in the order confirmation. The worse thing is they are still advertising them on the uk disney store yet they aren't posting them out. Absolute shocking display from them. 

Ebay is a telling sign when there is only around 4 that aren't pre orders listed and the promo has been on since last weekend which would normally be flooded and even more so with the extremely low threshold in the uk.

I personally will not use them again and from what I'm reading many are agreeing. Hopefully they will lose quite a few customers from this as they defiantly deserve to. 

Lying about available stock, continuing to advertise it and then sending out the orders and thinking people will be ok with it is a disgrace and I hope someone investigates this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Steamboat and House 4 tonight and a few cheap things. 

IMG_1791.png

IMG_1792.jpeg

should be a great time to buy get Steamboat Willie and House 4 at $250 but everything I want to buy is so much cheaper at other stores not sure what’s worth buying at Lego.  Any suggestions ?

Edited by starwarsxpress